What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

+
Carmen is different yes, but most npc's aren't changed. Vincent, Zoltan, Kalkstein, Shani, to name a few, are still the same.

Coelocanth said:
You can probably find them in your Music folder (or one of the sub folders in the Music folder) in your game installation. They're in .ogg format, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a player that will play them or converting them to another format.
Thanks alot, should have thought to check there myself!Very first track was the main one i wanted! "amb_brzeg"I also looking for the credits music.Praise be to Adam Skorupa! He rivals Jeremy Soule's Oblivion score.

have discovered an other change. The grandma of Shani is alot friendlier now and i haven't even shown her the ring or something like that.Everytime i got into that house i am greeted by the grandma and she says "welcome, make yourself at home"

You are lucky, that only happened to me once. All other approaches ended with a kick :-[ Since that I always purchased the ring and didn't make any experiments. Maybe I should dare to enter the granny fortress without the ring? :whatthe:

candesco said:
have discovered an other change. The grandma of Shani is alot friendlier now and i haven't even shown her the ring or something like that.Everytime i got into that house i am greeted by the grandma and she says "welcome, make yourself at home"
Yeah on EE i only got booted once and it was half way through Shani's party when i was drunk, she always kicks you out if you're drunk. Every other time though it was "hello precious!" like some mad Golum.On original game i remember getting kicked out constantly for all sorts of little things, she was like the toughest part of the whole game :D

So far,(I've completed most of the avaliable side quests in the temple district of chapter two and im ready to tackle the swamp)Its a bittersweet love/hate relationship.Love,Cause the game is great,I gave up on the regular edition(localization was awful,thus the reason they needed a total rework.)Hate?Because im on Vista and trying to figure out how to get this beast to run longer than 35 min.It was fine untill I hit a couple hours into the temple district then...Well given the 3000000000000000 posts on Vista problems,you can tell what happened.Characters are well fleshed out(Normally I loathe being pigeon holed into a roll,in an rpg,but Big G I'm finding agreeable.)_________________________________________________________________________________________Yes,I have spent hours on the tech forums looking for ways to keep this monster running,Short of posting a full Direct x dialog,I have tried most of the options...got it set up to run in a window mode now.

PetraSilie said:
You are lucky, that only happened to me once. All other approaches ended with a kick :-[ Since that I always purchased the ring and didn't make any experiments. Maybe I should dare to enter the granny fortress without the ring? :whatthe:
Well, you better keep that ring just in case.It happened to me twice in a row granny was greeting me and didn't kick me.When i entered for the third time granny wanted to have a cup and that i give her some company, leaving the option to give her some booze or let her see the ring.I choosed to let her see the ring and since then it was father geralt again :p

Burningwolf said:
So far,(I've completed most of the avaliable side quests in the temple district of chapter two and im ready to tackle the swamp)Its a bittersweet love/hate relationship.Love,Cause the game is great,I gave up on the regular edition(localization was awful,thus the reason they needed a total rework.)Hate?Because im on Vista and trying to figure out how to get this beast to run longer than 35 min.It was fine untill I hit a couple hours into the temple district then...Well given the 3000000000000000 posts on Vista problems,you can tell what happened.Characters are well fleshed out(Normally I loathe being pigeon holed into a roll,in an rpg,but Big G I'm finding agreeable.)_________________________________________________________________________________________Yes,I have spent hours on the tech forums looking for ways to keep this monster running,Short of posting a full Direct x dialog,I have tried most of the options...got it set up to run in a window mode now.
Why windowed mode, do you use crossfire or sli?Don't know about Vista problems, i played it all the way through on vista HP 64 without a single hitch.

I bought this game when it was initially released in the US and finally finished it. When I started playing I made it to chapter 2, but the dialog and exposition was so bad I could not go on with it. Then I read about the extended edition that would fix this so I just waited. Once the EE came out I started over and much of the game made more sense. Here is what I liked about the game:• The witcher character is interesting and I enjoyed playing him.• The gray area decisions were great. I loved not having the black and white “good” and “evil” options. RPGs should do much more of this.• I loved the cutscenes that would pop up to show you how a previous decision is affecting the current situation. This was fantastic.• I liked the mature aspects of the game as this is not some bright and flowery fantasy world. It reminded me of the Gothic series. • I enjoyed seeing subjects like racism and terrorism rather than the usual rehashed fantasy garbage.• The graphics, sound, and music were great.• I liked the alchemy system. I never craft potions, but I found it intuitive and simple in The Witcher (and necessary).What I did not like:• The game engine. I hate, hate, hate feeling so confined by artificial walls, and I know this is how the aurora engine works, but not being able to jump down a tiny incline in a field because the game won’t let me move over that area breaks the immersion. I was stuck on a broken bridge because two NPCs had moved to the front of the bridge and would not let me pass as they were in combat with a centipede. There was a curb on the side of the bridge that was maybe 6 inches high. If I could have walked onto that curb I could have walked around the NPCs, but the engine marked that section as impassible. I’m OK with areas you cannot access, but make it realistic that I cannot access them. I guess I’m spoiled by the Gothic and Elder Scrolls series. I hope they use a different engine for their next Witcher game that relies on physics rather than what they have now. This is my biggest gripe.• I thought the stats system was way too simple. It was all for combat. I know the game really wasn’t designed to use any other stats (like speech for example). In the next game I’d like to see stats for other things like alchemy, speech, traps, barter, and others that actually have an effect in the game. I never really paid attention to most of the stats items I upgraded and it didn’t seem to matter.• The combat bored me. Click, wait for flame sword icon, click, wait for flame sword icon, click…maybe throw in an igni here and there.Now I did like the different styles and sword types, but that didn’t make the combat much more interesting.• The main plot never sucked me in. I never really cared about what I was doing. I just didn’t care about the Salamandra or who was behind them and never really felt like they were a threat to the world. I felt the human\non-human strife was a bigger issue.• I wish there was more history of the world. While the witchers were pretty fleshed out, I really didn’t have much backstory on the world. Every location I went to didn’t mean much. I’m sure the witcher books have plenty of backstory and I wish they would have added it to the game. Maybe they did and I missed it somehow.• This game needed some sort of fast travel system. Maybe it does and I didn’t figure it out, but I would have loved a way to travel from wherever I was to another map area. I did a lot of running around back and forth between areas that became tedious. It would have been nice to be able to fast travel from wherever I was to another area like from the swamp to Vizima.• All the underground crypts and caves were boring after the first few. They were all cookie-cutter.Overall I liked the game. The main thing that made me not love it was the limitations of the engine and the combat. I love the witcher character and look forward to playing more games with him.

badson said:
I bought this game when it was initially released in the US and finally finished it. When I started playing I made it to chapter 2, but the dialog and exposition was so bad I could not go on with it. Then I read about the extended edition that would fix this so I just waited. Once the EE came out I started over and much of the game made more sense. Here is what I liked about the game:
A fair post.I strongly disagree with alot of your gripes, but the game is not without faults.Glad you are looking forward to the next game like the rest of us :)

I played the game about two months after its initial release, and replayed it now with the Enhanced Edition. Given the time between the two playthroughs, I really did not realize much had changes, quite probably also because I already was pretty much satisfied with the initial product. My only gripe would be that the EE did not enhance the general functions of the Djinni editor. It being generally limited to minor changes and quest creation within the pre-established areas really limits the opportunities and is one reason why The Witcher will never attract as many customers as as, say, the TES or the NWN series did. And I think that's quite a shame.

Aiming to do no spoilers here.I just finsihed the game, and i have to say i really enjoyed the ending. or well the whole story. i almost regret it wasnt longer. however i need to sleep and wake up soon ;)Well done on this game CD red, *(the enhanced edition). the storylines are great. theres not TOO much running backwards and forwards, the balance of gameplay seems great. The combat is interesting. with the different styles for different weapons. it worked a lot better than i thought it would. much more fun later in game too. only negative thing is that its a bit simplistic for me. i would actually like more control over individual moves etc. and the special moves went unused for me.Give a few more weapon choices. I like that you arent really limited to a certain skillset either.. you can kinda become what you want within the tree. what i dont like, i did get the US version of the game, as for the "adult themes" i really thought they were kinda pointless. cant comment more here, however it does keep me from recommending the game to my friends.either way. i really did enjoy the game, the devs have put down a lot of work on the EE, and it is a far more enjoyable game than many ive played recently. plus the story does give you the feel that there is a larger story behind it all. anyways. thanks guys.. it has been a great week, 1 chapter a day! :)

Well this is the first time I've played the game. I bought the EE thinking it would be a ok action-RPG. Not a great one, just an Ok one. Wow, this is not an RPG at all. It's not even and action-RPG. It's more like an Adventure game with a spattering of RPG.Well, after a frustrating ending with Chapter 1, I tried to get back into it with Chapter 2 and I'm still disappointed. The combat for me is a big downer. Its not fluid at all. I feel like I'm constantly fighting in a straight jacket. There's no way to know who your current target is other than having the reticle over it in OTS mode. There's no connection between my sword swinging and the target. The combat timing mechanic is horrible. There's no feeling like I'm actually engaged in combat. I cant tell the difference between strong/fast/group style; all though group style is the worst of the two. My spells are lackluster.I'm at the beginning of Ch2 in the sewers. There's nothing down here! There's no point to being here in this area other than to move the plot along. A funny thing happened while in combat down here: I targeted a drowner on the ledge while I was in the canal. I climb the ledge, it jumps into the canal, I jump into the canal it climbs the ledge, I climb the ledge...this goofy Abbot and Costello routine went on until I switched view modes to ISO, paused the combat, and target the ground for movement. Oh God. The pause. It takes me days and days and days to rotate the camera in pause. I really wish I'd played the game in easy mode rather than normal mode just to be able to get through the story because the combat is horribad. FFS I'm supposed to be a bad-ass monster slayer but it comes off quite comical instead. But I fear now that I f'd up with that decision and there's no way I'm going to restart the game in easy mode. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than go through Ch1 again. Wait, I'd do Ch1 again if I could kill every single villager after raping their women, lop the heads of the goofy gate guards and bust my way into Vizna: bring on the Salamanders and where are the wenches?!And what's with the sex cards? What do they do? Do they do anything? Don't get me started on the acquiring them, I put my hand of my face every time I've given an opportunity to have sex with one of the ladies. It's embarrassing cause there's really no romance at all to it. I only pick the sex because I'm hoping that after acquiring all of them, I get to have an orgy with them all at the end of the game. Is this how pick up lines work in European countries, cause if so screw the United States, I'm moving to Europe. For reals. On positive note the graphics, sound and environments are amazing. The idea of a monster-slayer mercenary is pretty neat, albeit, IMO, not effectively realized in this game.

First of all, I've seen some versus things up on the site... I was wondering if this is something like how Fable works (where you're just on your own and no online interaction at all nearly) or is there's like a co-op mode, or you're sharing the world around you like in WoW or something. And another thing... I was wondering if I just bought the enhanced edition, if that was the full game and not just the modifications.That's really basically all, ThanksRendition

That would be an MMO (massively multiplayer online), the witcher is a single player RPG and not online at all.Yes the EE is the full game patched to 1.4 version.

Top Bottom