What are your top three favourite scenes from TW3?

+
What are your top three favourite scenes from TW3?

I was asking myself this question when in a big traffic jam today, and decided on these - although there are many many others:
1 - Geralt finding Ciri at last, and at first she seems dead.
2 - The brother Witchers at Kaer Morhen - especially their evening drinking together, but also the adventures outside with poignant insights into their past
3 - Geralt's time with Cerys in Skellige: what a great character she is, too!

Guest 3847602

Any 3 scenes featuring Regis.
:geraltfeelgood:
Honorable mention:
- Geralt finding Ciri
- Bloody Baron giving name to Dea
- Gaunter O'Dimm, spoon and a fool who interrupted him

1. Finding Ciri
2. Return to Kaer Morhen+Battle of Kaer Morhen
3. Ciri's last conversation with Geralt before she enters the world of the White Frost.

Guess.

1. Scene where Ciri returns to Kaer Morhen. So many emotions, animations, music sets the scene perfectly. Right up to the clueless 'what' from Geralt.
2. Scene where Yen and Geralt spy on Ciri's meeting with the lodge. 'Yes' and 'No' Classic Geralt/Yen interaction.
3. Battle Preparations. scene on the boat when Ciri and geralt are laughing and Yennefer looks on in pride and affection.

Honorable mention:
Scene in tent with Triss, when Geralt gets semi romantic and Triss looks like a purring kitten.
Epilogue scene with Ciri when she chooses to be a witcher. When she looks at Geralt like a little girl when he reaches for the sword, and then admires the sword.

1. Geralt finding Ciri.
2. Geralt sees Regis again.:)
3. Battle at Kaer Morhen.

Honorable mention:
Yennefer and Geralt still love each other (whole quest Last Wish).
Regis killing Dettlaff - I prefer the ending where Dettlaff live but when I see the ending where he is killed I fell so sorry seeing how Regis is emotionally hurt.

1- Geralt finding Ciri (no other scene in videogames will ever beat this one for me it seems).
2- Even though the death of Vesemir was predicted by pretty much everyone before the game was even out, the way he died and Geralt puts the sword back in his scabbard was just beautifully perfect, hits me hard every damn time.
3-The whole mess in the Scenes of a Marriage questline in Hearts of Stone.

Honorable mentions:
1-Meeting Regis again.
2-Witcher party at Kaer Morhen.
3-Crashing Avallac'h's lab as it was the only real "family" scene in the entire game.

Guest 3847602

2- Even though the death of Vesemir was predicted by pretty much everyone before the game was even out, the way he died and Geralt puts the sword back in his scabbard was just beautifully perfect, hits me hard every damn time.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this thread:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/31148-Death-of-important-characters-(Spoilers)

Vesemir really won the poll quite convincingly. And yes, that scene with his sword was done perfectly. Another hard-hitting one for me was just showing his empty chair for a few seconds right before the funeral. Come to think of it, it's those 5-10 minutes after his death I find way more impactful than the death itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
1- Finding Ciri
2- Killing Imlerith
3-Geralt giving a silver sword to Ciri

On DLCs

1- Meeting Regis
2- O Dimm comes to collect Olgierd's soul
3-Detlaff death.

Are you saying Lambert dies in some people's games?!? Oh dear.

Quite a low percentage, but I have to say, him and Vesemir dying (also Vigi and it seems from the game files that also Folan is supposed to die yet his journal does not update that he actually died at Kaer Morhen) make the most sense considering fifteen people (without Keira) managed to hold off and kill dozens of elite two metre-high heavily armored elven super soldiers with only taking few losses.

Guest 2001045

1. Opening scene in Kaer Morgen. Nothing beats that feeling, when you've waited for the game for 4 years and finally gets to control Geralt again. Magnificent.

2. The Last Wish quest - sitting on the boat with Yennefer, looking out over Skellige. Telling her I still love her. The most amazing quest as well.

3. Meeting up with Triss in Novigrad - lots of nostalgia after W2.

Honorable mentions:
- Everything with O'Dimm
- Everything with Regis
- Kissing Triss at the ball
- Speaking with Vesemir at the beginning of the game
- Speaking with Ciri after she wakes up (After the Storm playing - fucking brilliant)
- Meeting Letho

I guess I won't be original, with saying that:
One was finding Ciri and Geralt's reaction when he thought she's dead.
Second will be everything Triss related, especially the masked ball, departure scene when Geralt confesses his feelings, and meeting right before the final battle
Third would be battle at Kaer Morhen (including aftermath with snowball fight :D), especially the finale (and that Geralt's face ":C" when he spots Ciri with dead Vesimir)

also close would be The Last Wish finale, I chose Triss but it was still damn hard to watch Yen left with nothing...
Caranthir duel
Bald Mountain with Imlerith duel
and that first contract on Griffin together with Vesimir.

Last edited:
Geralt finding Ciri easily and also Ciri about to fight the White Frost both before she teleports when she talks to Geralt and after she teleports and is walking towards the white frost

Zoltan giving Dandelion shit in the white orchard tavern before going to meet Ciri(empress ending, wish it would've been for witcher ending though), love those guys, reminded me of the tavern in Flotsham just sitting around with those guys shooting the shit

Last edited:
Top Bottom