What area are you looking forward to exploring most?

+

What area are you looking forward to exploring most?

• Novigrad

Votes: 61 61.6%
  • Oxenfurt

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • Crow's Perch

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • The Mire, Crookback Bog, The Descent

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Skellige

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • White Orcahrd

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Gustfields + Grassy Knoll

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • The Descent + Grayrocks

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Mudplough + Spitfire Bluff

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Bald Mountain

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters
Just got to this point in the books. Sounds like Oxenfurt could be my favourite area in the game.

Oxenfurt with its narrow streets and pointed roofs. The town of Oxenfurt which lived off the Academy, off its students, lecturers, scholars, researchers and their guests, who lived off science and knowledge, off what accompanies the process of learning. In the town of Oxenfurt, from the by-products and chippings of theory, practice, business and profit were born. The poet rode slowly along a muddy, crowded street, passing workshops, studios, stalls, shops small and large where, thanks to the Academy, tens of thousands of articles and wonderful things were produced and sold which were unattainable in other corners of the world where their production was considered impossible, or pointless. He passed inns, taverns, stands, huts, counters and portable grills from which floated the appetising aromas of elaborate dishes unknown elsewhere in the world, seasoned in ways not known elsewhere, with garnishes and spices neither known of nor used anywhere else.

This was Oxenfurt, the colourful, joyful, noisy and sweet-smelling town of miracles into which shrewd people, full of initiative, had turned dry and useless theories drawn little by little from the university. It was also a town of amusements, constant festivities, permanent holidays and incessant revelry. Night and day the streets resounded with music, song, and the clinking of chalices and tankards, for it is well known that nothing is such thirsty work as the acquisition of knowledge.

Although the chancellor's orders forbade students and tutors to drink and play before dusk, drinking and playing took place around the clock in Oxenfurt, for it is well known that if there is anything that makes men thirstier than the acquisition of knowledge it is the full or partial prohibition of drinking.

Very hard to pick but I'll say probably Novigrad.

For no other reason than In games like these I always love getting lost in the map's biggest city.

Novigrad, without the shadow of a doubt. By now, thanks to the maps, vids and screenshots, I have a pretty realistic sense of it's scale, but I still find it mindboggingly huge - it's even larger than pre-rendered Baldur's Gate back in the day. All those dark alleys, dozens of interactable NPCs and enterable buildings, the huge harbour or the temple isle... I simply can't wait to explore every nook and cranny of it!

The accessible parts of Redania, or everything north of the Pontar are close second. It just looks like my medieval-fantasy-fantasies come true - I count Oxenfurt in here, which will be another place I'll visit as soon as possible. Gladly another isle has been added on the newest map, so the university should have enough room as well.

Even though I'm really looking forward to seeing Kaer Morhen again, I guess No Man's Land with it's creepy, dark forests, swamps and villages and Skellige with it's sailing, diving, climbing and scandinavian-inspired hijaarrrrrr... Scratch that, I want to see every single one of these locations. And I mean "everyone" in the way Gary Oldman would say it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom