what attribute do you tend to find the strongest? what do you think of cool?

+
i only just revisited cyberpunk for a long time so i have not been keeping up with things and especially because some perks within attributes have been changed i am curious, also specifically about cool, cold blood looks like a of fun but i dont know how strong it is

personally i have always been a fan of technical ability mostly because i enjoy technical weapons but i do want to use guns other than the Burya since its mostly all i use, plus technical ability helps you open so many doors

Tech with grenade perks and Sandevistan cyberware might be strongest DPS dealer in game with also ability to shoot through walls with all the goodies from Tech tree with a tech weapon. I don't have personal experience though, but that's according to how I look the system.

Other than that, from Reflexes, Blades with some investment to assault weapons, as that allows versatility for encounters on many ranges and nothing prevents using teach weapons on that build.

Cold Blood can be very good but is IMO situational in terms of length of combat.

Body is far more viable now as Athletic progression speed has been sped up and allows very versatile combat scenarios if you take it to 11 that I'm not sure if happened by accident by CDPR.

I always end up Int/Tech 20/20, Body 10, and the others whatever because that opens the most of the game up and makes it almost easy mode. I can open any door and kill large groups of things while enjoying a BD. Contagion followed by a couple of grenades and I don't care who or what they are, they're dying on fire. I end up with a Cool of 9 I believe, and do a *TON* of Ninjitsu/stealth, but never throw knives or use poison.

I could add :
Cold Blood is very useful in combination with other skill because it offer great bonus during combat when you defeat an enemy (like armor boost, health regen boost, QHs reloading time boost,...)
Ninjutsu (stealth) is only useful if you play as stealth indeed. But some perk are good (if you use cold blood, it good to use them) like 15% more damage to human (permanent), poison immunity,...

Intelligence is definitely my go to attribute because I keep trying to build a decent stealth character and the ability to hack my way out of trouble at lower levels is really useful, cool is great but early on I get busted all the time

Last edited:
Reflexes, intelligence and technical is what i always gravitate towards. I never spec into cool, well It always stays at 4.

Intelligence is definitely my go to attribute because I keep trying to build a decent stealth character and the ability to hack my way out of trouble at lower levels is really useful, cool is great but early on I get busted all the time
i enjoy intelligence for some of the extra dialog options but at the same time i dont hack too often(maybe i should) i usually do one hack to start off a fight then ignore hacking for the rest of a fight

i enjoy intelligence for some of the extra dialog options but at the same time i dont hack too often(maybe i should) i usually do one hack to start off a fight then ignore hacking for the rest of a fight
When trying to play in stealth I find it really useful, hacking cameras, causing distractions and the non-lethal hacks like reset optics, so the extra ram and time for hacks is helpful. Also the bonuses for datamining really help with Eddies. I just kept getting spotted too often without the hacking and my build wasn't tanky enough to take on the fights

I went into cool. reflexes and Crafting
Was running a solid stealth build with Overwatch as my fun gun since it alerts everyone to your presence

Since 1.5, Overwatch is too much for my body (only 8) but Gorilla Arms gives you six now.

So still running stealth Crash and Psalms as my go to weapons with the Ashura now. Using optical Camo with smart guns is truly fun

I went into cool. reflexes and Crafting
Was running a solid stealth build with Overwatch as my fun gun since it alerts everyone to your presence

Since 1.5, Overwatch is too much for my body (only 8) but Gorilla Arms gives you six now.

So still running stealth Crash and Psalms as my go to weapons with the Ashura now. Using optical Camo with smart guns is truly fun
Wait, they have fixed the body boost for gorilla arms!?

When trying to play in stealth I find it really useful, hacking cameras, causing distractions and the non-lethal hacks like reset optics, so the extra ram and time for hacks is helpful. Also the bonuses for datamining really help with Eddies. I just kept getting spotted too often without the hacking and my build wasn't tanky enough to take on the fights
i dont do stealth often but its something i should do more because i have tried it before and its fun, kinda need high intelligence to do a stealth run

Intelligence, a few speech checks aside, is only of any use with hacking. If you use a Sande or Berserk, it's useless. I'd go Tech to 18 for access to more legendary gear, unless going net runner build, who is not so gear dependent.

Cool is a tricky one. Cold Blood needs a lot of perks, and therefore precious attribute points, to work well. If you're not going stealth build (super fun now they have fixed throwing knives), it feels like there are better places for the attribute points. Especially since Cold Blood doesn't help with the trickier encounters, such as cyberpsycos, Oda or Smasher.

Cold blood + Shotgun build is the ultimate way to play for me. Though I feel like after 1.5 it's been nerfed quite a bit. Especially in how long it last now. It's harder to get, and maintain stacks now, because of the bullet sponge enemies and how quickly cold blood ends now. Still a great skill, but they should have left it how it was before the patch.

Running Cold blood with a modded build in my current playthrough. Honestly with all it's perks I can't see myself not using it as a side build for any build going forward for the buffs and just for how much it adds to any build besides stealth/netrunner. Throw knives in there and it's a gas even for an opener for an all out melee build. But Im sure thats just my bias showing.

For my first three Vs I didn't use Cool much (I did push it to 10-12 on my third play through but that was the "throwaway" dumpster for my final points and totally not necessary. My fourth build is to be my first 20 cool build and I have, rather predictably perhaps, gone with a knife throwing build (with 1.5's changes).

I'm only level 18 and still only 5 cool right now but I can already tell it's going to be a super strong build when I'm done with it. The issue with Cool and tech is they aren't really enough on their own to base a build on. You do need to put a lot of points into reflexes, strength or intelligence, depending on what weapons you intend to use. And, for me, tech is very important in any build I do now. So I had to sacrifice body, tech and reflexes to make this build work. I hate sacrificing body (on Very hard, survivability is the most important part) and hate sacrificing tech even more. But I think I've found a nice balance that'll still allow me to have very strong gear, high survivability and huge damage.

I've limited myself to using no ranged weapons except for throwing knives. It's challenging but... honestly... I think this will be the most fun build yet.

Tech with grenade perks and Sandevistan cyberware might be strongest DPS dealer in game
Legendary short circuit passive effect still exists, even with 1.5 nerfed crit chance it sends things to the Moon. Then your level. If you aren't fighting something that is on your level or bit higher the level difference will cause to one-shot things anyway. Or ping + buzzsaw cheese.

* Body: second heart cyberware is handy if you explode accidentally, and some shotguns are really fun
* Reflexes: useless unless you want blade weapons and 1.5 monowire (or Commrades Hammer)
* Tech: pretty much crafting only, although with armor mod slots nerf it's mostly for unique item crafting, while stores can provide legendary armor and of desired look if force-reset enough times
* Intelect: if you want to be a netrunner it's mandatory + lots of perks. Even after contagion nerf it's god-tier at legendary quick hack level
* Cool: ninjitsu has few handy generic perks and then Cold Blood is always good for any type of build (kind of annoying).

Top Bottom