What books should I read and in what order?

+
What books should I read and in what order?

Hello guys, I am a newcomer as a witcher, Wild hunt has given me a really good gaming experience.
However I have noticed that people always mentioning about books, curious enough i searched for it,
there are quite a lot books on this and has different editions even authors,
just want some kind friends in this forum that can tell me,
which book(s) should i read to get a better understanding about this game's story?
And read in what order?

Thanks
And may sun shine upon you.

In fact, witcher games are based on the books of the Polish Andrzej Sapkowski, which is 8.

The first two, The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny are short stories that serve to "make" the characters as well as highlight their personalities, values, ideals and as a starting point for the story itself.

From the third book it is that the main story begins, and the order of the books is as follows. (The titles of the books is a traduction from the names on the spanish version (I'm from Argentina), and don't know if the edition in english have the same names)

The Blood of Elves
Hate Time
Baptism of Fire
The Tower of the Swallow
The Lady of the Lake

Then there are eighth named Storm Season, book is a prequel to the series, but you should read it at the end of the seventh book because although it is a prequel also has references to things of the previous books.

Witcher games could be interpreted as a continuation of the Lady of the Lake.

I hope I have helped you, and excuse my bad English.

Regards!

In fact, witcher games are based on the books of the Polish Andrzej Sapkowski, which is 8.

The first two, The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny are short stories that serve to "make" the characters as well as highlight their personalities, values, ideals and as a starting point for the story itself.

From the third book it is that the main story begins, and the order of the books is as follows. (The titles of the books is a traduction from the names on the spanish version (I'm from Argentina), and don't know if the edition in english have the same names)

The Blood of Elves
Hate Time
Baptism of Fire
The Tower of the Swallow
The Lady of the Lake

Then there are eighth named Storm Season, book is a prequel to the series, but you should read it at the end of the seventh book because although it is a prequel also has references to things of the previous books.

Witcher games could be interpreted as a continuation of the Lady of the Lake.

I hope I have helped you, and excuse my bad English.

Regards!

thank you so much!!!!

The short story collections (The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny) are both really good reads.

I actually wasn't a big fan of the novels.

Top Bottom