What boostergangs would you like to see in CP2077?

+

What boostergangs would you like to see in CP2077?

• The Black Queens

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • The Wild Things

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • The Brainiacs

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • The Slaughterhouse

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • The Back Alley Brawlers

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Maelstrom

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • The Silver Slash

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • The Philarmonic Vampyres

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Sacred Blades

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • The Voodoo Boys

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
What, no Red Chrome Legion? Who am I supposed to use this shiny new baseball bat on, then?

It's always fun to punk them for their boots and flight jackets.

Actually, now that I think of it, that's an interesting point of discussion for the Wardrobes and Styles thread...

Last edited:
I would like to see boostergangs evolved from their versions from 2020.. I mean, fundamentally they should be same, but a little different.. Not all gangs should be evil, merciless criminals.. (Well, they are criminals, but who isn't really) And you should be able to join gangs.. (Even if it is only undercover business for cops.) Wouldn't it be fun to take over a boostergang? :D

I picked The Sacred Blades, but only because it sounds cool and it is one of the few I'm able to remember.. If i could pick multiple options, i would pick Blood Razors..

I would like to see boostergangs evolved from their versions from 2020.. I mean, fundamentally they should be same, but a little different.. Not all gangs should be evil, merciless criminals.. (Well, they are criminals, but who isn't really) And you should be able to join gangs.. (Even if it is only undercover business for cops.) Wouldn't it be fun to take over a boostergang? :D

Oh, Wars. Wars Wars Wars. You so crazy.

Gangs in 2020 aren't "evil", but they are typically violent, short-sighted, selfish antagonistic social elements. Still, some are a positive influence on their neighbourhoods and are appreciated. Back Alley Brawlers. Think 2020 Guardian Angels.

Boostergangs are a different matter. With very few exceptions, boostergangs take all the fun of being a gang member..and then cyberpsychosis it up. Not all are cyberpsychos, of course, or they'd be unmanageable and shortly thereafter, destroyed by their neighbouring gangs, police and well-armed locals in some horrific multi-casualty battle.

They do run very low on the Humanity scale, their black-market cyberware having made them more violent, more aggressive, more inclined to do really crazy shite. Boostergangs are why the Combat Zone is a no-go area for most Police units and why nights in Night City are still so very dangerous.

There are less directly violent boostergangs, like the Braniacs, for example. Hated by all the other boostergangs, they are more indirect.

There are more than just Boostergangs in Night City.

There are 'dorpher gangs. Wild Things, for example. Not overindulgent in cyberware like your boostergang, instead these fun fellows indulge in different chemical cocktails, the most popular being Dorph, endorphin-based combat and pleasure drugs.

There are prankster gangs, like the Vampyres and, arguably, the Bozos. There are combat gangs, protective gangs and poser gangs.

But the worst, the most violent, the least predictable are the actual boostergangs. The Slaughterhouse. Maelstrom. The Blood Razors. Borderline or worse cyberpsychos, they kill for fun, steal when bored and profit from blood. Too few to typically present a threat to real corporate power and a handy distraction for the population from the abuses of said power, Boostergangs in Night City represent the near-epitome of the feared cyberware abuser.

The only thing worse, the only thing more senselessly, horrifically violent than a boosterganger is a full-on Cyberpsycho, and there's a few of those scattered in the boosters as well.

Anyone interested, all this information about gangs and Night City can be found in PDF form here:http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/589/Night-City?it=1 for all of two cups of fancy coffee, $8. It's a great read and one of the best sourcebooks for any game, ever. Check it out.

Oh, Wars. Wars Wars Wars. You so crazy.

Gangs in 2020 aren't "evil", but they are typically violent, short-sighted, selfish antagonistic social elements. Still, some are a positive influence on their neighbourhoods and are appreciated. Back Alley Brawlers. Think 2020 Guardian Angels.

Boostergangs are a different matter. With very few exceptions, boostergangs take all the fun of being a gang member..and then cyberpsychosis it up. Not all are cyberpsychos, of course, or they'd be unmanageable and shortly thereafter, destroyed by their neighbouring gangs, police and well-armed locals in some horrific multi-casualty battle.

They do run very low on the Humanity scale, their black-market cyberware having made them more violent, more aggressive, more inclined to do really crazy shite. Boostergangs are why the Combat Zone is a no-go area for most Police units and why nights in Night City are still so very dangerous.

There are less directly violent boostergangs, like the Braniacs, for example. Hated by all the other boostergangs, they are more indirect.

There are more than just Boostergangs in Night City.

There are 'dorpher gangs. Wild Things, for example. Not overindulgent in cyberware like your boostergang, instead these fun fellows indulge in different chemical cocktails, the most popular being Dorph, endorphin-based combat and pleasure drugs.

There are prankster gangs, like the Vampyres and, arguably, the Bozos. There are combat gangs, protective gangs and poser gangs.

But the worst, the most violent, the least predictable are the actual boostergangs. The Slaughterhouse. Maelstrom. The Blood Razors. Borderline or worse cyberpsychos, they kill for fun, steal when bored and profit from blood. Too few to typically present a threat to real corporate power and a handy distraction for the population from the abuses of said power, Boostergangs in Night City represent the near-epitome of the feared cyberware abuser.

The only thing worse, the only thing more senselessly, horrifically violent than a boosterganger is a full-on Cyberpsycho, and there's a few of those scattered in the boosters as well.

Anyone interested, all this information about gangs and Night City can be found in PDF form here:http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/589/Night-City?it=1 for all of two cups of fancy coffee, $8. It's a great read and one of the best sourcebooks for any game, ever. Check it out.

What i was trying to say (although poorly) most of these gangs are from 2020, they have survived for 57 years (if i remember correctly for a boostergang even 1 year is amazing, at least for some gangs), not all of them would be able to stay the way they were, some of them would go for an image change for instance.. (New members, new vision, new everything i say) Also, what i meant was (again, although poorly) they should be more than just cannon fodder enemies (like in most games they would have been), in CP2020 they were much more than that.. Not all boostergangs should be depicted as evil or cyberpsychos, some people are just there because they have nowhere else to go and CP77 should reflect that.. (Also, i remember some of them not being all that violent, was that only Braniacs? They had special ways to deal with any situation, that doesn't necessarily require violence.. (Or was that V3?)

For instance, The Sacred Blades should turn into a cult or an underground organization.. Because it sounds so cool... :D

What i was trying to say (although poorly) most of these gangs are from 2020, they have survived for 57 years (if i remember correctly for a boostergang even 1 year is amazing, at least for some gangs),... they should be more than just cannon fodder enemies (like in most games they would have been), in CP2020 they were much more than that.. t.. (Also, i remember some of them not being all that violent, was that only Braniacs? They had special ways to deal with any situation, that doesn't necessarily require violence..

For instance, The Sacred Blades should turn into a cult or an underground organization.. Because it sounds so cool... :D

Oh. Yeah, great points about the timespan. The gang situation in Night City is so very fluid, who knows in 2077. I hope to see some of the regulars, but also new and interesting ones.

Braniacs are from 2020 and yes, they prefer non-direct ways of settling disputes. Poser gangs are often non-violent.

While its more likely that booster gangs like Maelstrom and Slaughterhouse would die out, because a true Booster gang is pretty unsustaiable, they are cool and violent enough that I would really love to see them in 2020 as vying for control of the combat zone. The braniacs, or some off-shoot with a better sounding name, would likely still be around. They are technically a oooster gang because of their enhancements and tech proficiency, but they are really more of a hacker collective. And as such they would rarely congregate physically, would claim no turf... gangs like that are akin to Anonymous. Not the Anonymous porrayed on TV, but the actual Anonymous, who in addition to some high publicity stunts against the man, also target little girls who have insulted them and make their lives hell, or get innocent people killed by the dozens by making threats against drug cartels.

But yes, most booster gangs would die off, killed by other gangs, the cops, and even each other, bcause they are violent nutters...

Dorph gang's would likely come and go as they each seemed centered on a specific synthetic drug, and they were usually all users themselves. Larger Narco gangs, with more diversity, like the Voodoo Boyz, could still be around.

Poser gangs... they would come and go as quickly as any trend. Probably faster, since they have a tendency to be annoying. Real gangs will never respect a group of Cosplayers who don't know when to quit, and the slaughter that takes place whenever a poser gang gets in the way of a real gang would just be a sad thing to watch. When you spend all you money on "Canonically accurate" gear and biosculpting, you are always going to lose to the people who spend their money on combat equipment.

Gaurdian Gangs would, and do, exist, some with longer longevity than others. With changing in housing environment trends, a guardian gang is typically only going to last as long as the residents who make up that gang remain in the neighborhood. People will die, or move away, etc... Or the gang itself might be corrupted, as they take on the methods and revenue means of the gangs they replace. Interestingly enough, The first two Saints Row games centered around this theme, the Saints were formed as a guardian gang that became utterly corrupted. Unfortunately this whole storyline and anything else that could be taken seriously was thrown out the window with SR3 as the whole game became clownshoes, but the first 2 games were very interesting in this regard. There was i fact a large portion of the SR 1-2 fan community that desperately wanted to see SR3 center around a new protagonist, one who had the ability to take the gang down from the inside and return it to its guardian roots... but I digress.

Gangs in Cyberpunk were plagued with more gimmicks than "The Warriors", and typically, the more ridiculous the gimmick, the less likely the gang would be to survive. Which oddly, is just how the movie went too. So minor gimmicks, like the Voodoo angle of the Boyz, or the Metal angle of Maelstrom would not be ridiculous enough to ensure their doom, gangs like Bozo's or Philharmonic vampires, julliard, or any number of poser gangs out there would realistically likely die quickly and horribly or become just a pathetic joke until they disappeared...

Now I say that as someone who put a Black-Sploitation/80'S-Movie-gang themed guardian gang into the combat zone led by a guy based on Sho-Nuff. So it's not like I don't appreciate the Fun of it all.

While its more likely that booster gangs like Maelstrom and Slaughterhouse would die out, because a true Booster gang is pretty unsustaiable, they are cool and violent enough that I would really love to see them in 2020 as vying for control of the combat zone. The braniacs, or some off-shoot with a better sounding name, would likely still be around. They are technically a oooster gang because of their enhancements and tech proficiency, but they are really more of a hacker collective. And as such they would rarely congregate physically, would claim no turf... gangs like that are akin to Anonymous. Not the Anonymous porrayed on TV, but the actual Anonymous, who in addition to some high publicity stunts against the man, also target little girls who have insulted them and make their lives hell, or get innocent people killed by the dozens by making threats against drug cartels.

But yes, most booster gangs would die off, killed by other gangs, the cops, and even each other, bcause they are violent nutters...

Dorph gang's would likely come and go as they each seemed centered on a specific synthetic drug, and they were usually all users themselves. Larger Narco gangs, with more diversity, like the Voodoo Boyz, could still be around.

Poser gangs... they would come and go as quickly as any trend. Probably faster, since they have a tendency to be annoying. Real gangs will never respect a group of Cosplayers who don't know when to quit, and the slaughter that takes place whenever a poser gang gets in the way of a real gang would just be a sad thing to watch. When you spend all you money on "Canonically accurate" gear and biosculpting, you are always going to lose to the people who spend their money on combat equipment.

Gaurdian Gangs would, and do, exist, some with longer longevity than others. With changing in housing environment trends, a guardian gang is typically only going to last as long as the residents who make up that gang remain in the neighborhood. People will die, or move away, etc... Or the gang itself might be corrupted, as they take on the methods and revenue means of the gangs they replace. Interestingly enough, The first two Saints Row games centered around this theme, the Saints were formed as a guardian gang that became utterly corrupted. Unfortunately this whole storyline and anything else that could be taken seriously was thrown out the window with SR3 as the whole game became clownshoes, but the first 2 games were very interesting in this regard. There was i fact a large portion of the SR 1-2 fan community that desperately wanted to see SR3 center around a new protagonist, one who had the ability to take the gang down from the inside and return it to its guardian roots... but I digress.

Gangs in Cyberpunk were plagued with more gimmicks than "The Warriors", and typically, the more ridiculous the gimmick, the less likely the gang would be to survive. Which oddly, is just how the movie went too. So minor gimmicks, like the Voodoo angle of the Boyz, or the Metal angle of Maelstrom would not be ridiculous enough to ensure their doom, gangs like Bozo's or Philharmonic vampires, julliard, or any number of poser gangs out there would realistically likely die quickly and horribly or become just a pathetic joke until they disappeared...

Now I say that as someone who put a Black-Sploitation/80'S-Movie-gang themed guardian gang into the combat zone led by a guy based on Sho-Nuff. So it's not like I don't appreciate the Fun of it all.

Well, while i agree on all accounts, i think some of the poser gangs could be crazy, scary and dedicated to whatever they are posing as enough to survive though..

For instance, no one would mess with a Batman themed poser gang.. (this is a semi-joke of course, replace "Batman" with any character you want) Imagine a gang that will break every bone in your body (and possibly shoot you several times) but wont kill you.. :D People who would train themselves to fight every day, would rather take stealth approach, would use fear tactics on their enemies, would protect the weak and the innocent and would mumble things about justice and stuff because "thats what Batman would do")

I just can imagine that happen.. :D

Well, while i agree on all accounts, i think some of the poser gangs could be crazy, scary and dedicated to whatever they are posing as enough to survive though..

For instance, no one would mess with a Batman themed poser gang.. (this is a semi-joke of course, replace "Batman" with any character you want) Imagine a gang that will break every bone in your body (and possibly shoot you several times) but wont kill you.. :D People who would train themselves to fight every day, would rather take stealth approach, would use fear tactics on their enemies, would protect the weak and the innocent and would mumble things about justice and stuff because "thats what Batman would do")

The thing is, how long is Batman gonna be popular enough to base a gang around? Which Batman will they be basing it off of? Yse, Batman has beena round since 1927, and will likely be around for a long time to come, but in that how many incarnations of Batman have we seen? How many more will we see?

And the thing abotu a poser gang is, dressing up like Batman doesn't make you batman. Any more than the fat neckbeard dressing up like sailormoon is sailor moon. Even if you get biosculpted and spend money on neat toys, you still aren't gonna be batman. Sure the leader of the gang may actually know how to fight, but the rest of the gang is gonna be full of kids who read comic books and think it's cool to dress up. You are envisiong an army of Batmans, when the reality would be closer to an army of this:

Because how many people do you thinkyou are going to find, even in a large city, who 1. Know how to fight effectively, 2. Want to dress up in a cape and tights (which fit the leaders idea of what the gang should be) in public and 3. have the money and time for such a thing?

The thing is, how long is Batman gonna be popular enough to base a gang around? Which Batman will they be basing it off of? Yse, Batman has beena round since 1927, and will likely be around for a long time to come, but in that how many incarnations of Batman have we seen? How many more will we see?

And the thing abotu a poser gang is, dressing up like Batman doesn't make you batman. Any more than the fat neckbeard dressing up like sailormoon is sailor moon. Even if you get biosculpted and spend money on neat toys, you still aren't gonna be batman. Sure the leader of the gang may actually know how to fight, but the rest of the gang is gonna be full of kids who read comic books and think it's cool to dress up. You are envisiong an army of Batmans, when the reality would be closer to an army of this:

Because how many people do you thinkyou are going to find, even in a large city, who 1. Know how to fight effectively, 2. Want to dress up in a cape and tights in public and 3. have the money and time for such a thing?

Guys, I think I'd tell you: The poll can't be changed into a multiple choice after it has already been made. Dragonbird told me in a PM exchange. So I think I'll kind of edit the explanation of the first post and, yeah, just one vote and your replies which aren't that constrained. We may still get this through to CDPR if they are reading this and open to these suggestions. Sorry.

Posergangs... I think they may be fun to see. For what I've read they seem very Judge Dredd lore. If we agree they come and go and aren't fit for survival, maybe we'll get some fun ones for CP2077. I think we can take them, and the ridiculous theme gangs. The world hasn't got enough satire, everything's a grity reboot.

The first two Saints Row games centered around this theme, the Saints were formed as a guardian gang that became utterly corrupted. Unfortunately this whole storyline and anything else that could be taken seriously was thrown out the window with SR3 as the whole game became clownshoes, but the first 2 games were very interesting in this regard. There was i fact a large portion of the SR 1-2 fan community that desperately wanted to see SR3 center around a new protagonist, one who had the ability to take the gang down from the inside and return it to its guardian roots... but I digress.

You know, when I saw the first couple of trailers for SR1 I told myself "This game is SO white". It also rubbed me the wrong way all that "I got the money, the cars, the women...", I've neven been into gangsta rap culture and so on. Then, when I played SR2 and looked into SR1 I saw how much good both things did for it incidentally: gangs were racially diverse, and so were the options for your character and it was really cool that there was this kind of commentary that built upon this asshole character who, kind of is the real bad guy. Yes, Julius made the same mistake twice with the guardian gang thing and the solutions he came up with for these two problems, specially the second, made him "a traitor" from the player's perspective, but in the end, it kind of was the attitude of the protagonist towards this lifestyle that was the problem, the kind of attitude portrayed by the placeholder character in the trailer that seemed too pandering if you just stopped at that.

Guys, I think I'd tell you: The poll can't be changed into a multiple choice after it has already been made. Dragonbird told me in a PM exchange. So I think I'll kind of edit the explanation of the first post and, yeah, just one vote and your replies which aren't that constrained. We may still get this through to CDPR if they are reading this and open to these suggestions. Sorry.

Start a new thread, then have Birdy merge them?

You know, when I saw the first couple of trailers for SR1 I told myself "This game is SO white". It also rubbed me the wrong way all that "I got the money, the cars, the women...", I've neven been into gangsta rap culture and so on. Then, when I played SR2 and looked into SR1 I saw how much good both things did for it incidentally: gangs were racially diverse, and so were the options for your character and it was really cool that there was this kind of commentary that built upon this asshole character who, kind of is the real bad guy. Yes, Julius made the same mistake twice with the guardian gang thing and the solutions he came up with for these two problems, specially the second, made him "a traitor" from the player's perspective, but in the end, it kind of was the attitude of the protagonist towards this lifestyle that was the problem, the kind of attitude portrayed by the placeholder character in the trailer that seemed too pandering if you just stopped at that.

yup

And the thing abotu a poser gang is, dressing up like Batman doesn't make you batman. Any more than the fat neckbeard dressing up like sailormoon is sailor moon. Even if you get biosculpted and spend money on neat toys, you still aren't gonna be batman. Sure the leader of the gang may actually know how to fight, but the rest of the gang is gonna be full of kids who read comic books and think it's cool to dress up. You are envisiong an army of Batmans, when the reality would be closer to an army of this

It was an example, an exception to the rule, imagine they are training their guys everyday to imitate comic book heroes, teaching them how to fight and survive in the Night City and the combat zone (even though not all survives even the training, imagine this poser gang like a military organization, no real life combat and no costume until you survive the training) They would grow in numbers over time (provided they are lucky enough to not get wiped out by another gang) every member had to undergone severe training (a gang with harsh rules, no backing out or you get killed, they are not angels after all) Like I've said, this is just and exception to the rule, it wont necessarily happen, but it could happen.. It is Cyberpunk after all, anything could happen.. (withing reason)

Because how many people do you think you are going to find, even in a large city, who 1. Know how to fight effectively, 2. Want to dress up in a cape and tights (which fit the leaders idea of what the gang should be) in public and 3. have the money and time for such a thing?

To sum it up:
1. They would get trained to fight and survive
2. Not every version of Batman wears tights, since cyberpunk universe is an alternative to ours, their Batman would change according to that and reflect them and their technology, perhaps 2020 Batman wears an armor or an exoskeleton, or wears some sort of riot gear, or he went trough fbc.. (And it doesn't even have to be Batman)
3. You can answer that better than i can.. You can practically imagine any situation that can be possible, yet you still ask me that question.. You bastard... :D
Time is irrelevant, if they have been established any time after 2020, they would have had over 50 years to develop and grow, it could have started as a small group of people that grows strong with each member, as their numbers grow, as would their income.. I'm not explaining this well enough, but i hope you get the point.. Just approach this as "their leader is an obsessed man", each member get trained harshly and they become stronger and stronger over time..

I imagine they would pick a version of Batman or any other super hero and stick with it. But it is a poser gang, not everybody have to wear exact same Batman/superhero costume..

By the way, killing poser gangs and taking their stuff is a good way of putting clothing and armor in game that would be otherwise out of place.. Like Batman armor or Pirate jacket (just an example!)

Last edited:
It was an example, an exception to the rule, imagine they are training their guys everyday to imitate comic book heroes, teaching them how to fight and survive in the Night City and the combat zone (even though not all survives even the training, imagine this poser gang like a military organization, no real life combat and no costume until you survive the training) They would grow in numbers over time (provided they are lucky enough to not get wiped out by another gang) every member had to undergone severe training (a gang with harsh rules, no backing out or you get killed, they are not angels after all) Like I've said, this is just and exception to the rule, it wont necessarily happen, but it could happen.. It is Cyberpunk after all, anything could happen.. (withing reason)

To sum it up:
1. They would get trained to fight and survive
2. Not every version of Batman wears tights, since cyberpunk universe is an alternative to ours, their Batman would change according to that and reflect them and their technology, perhaps 2020 Batman wears an armor or an exoskeleton, or wears some sort of riot gear, or he went trough fbc.. (And it doesn't even have to be Batman)
3. You can answer that better than i can.. You can practically imagine any situation that can be possible, yet you still ask me that question.. You bastard... :D
Time is irrelevant, if they have been established any time after 2020, they would have had over 50 years to develop and grow, it could have started as a small group of people that grows strong with each member, as their numbers grow, as would their income.. I'm not explaining this well enough, but i hope you get the point.. Just approach this as "their leader is an obsessed man", each member get trained harshly and they become stronger and stronger over time..

I imagine they would pick a version of Batman or any other super hero and stick with it. But it is a poser gang, not everybody have to wear exact same Batman/superhero costume..

By the way, killing poser gangs and taking their stuff is a good way of putting clothing and armor in game that would be otherwise out of place.. Like Batman armor or Pirate jacket (just an example!)

I think you may be giving poser gangs, and gangs in general, far too much credit... training, dedication, the resources to do such a thing ... not qualities gangs typically posses, particularly gangs built around the concept of a gimmick.

I mean joining a poser gang is a lot to ask of someone... 1 they have to wear a costume of some sort, 2 they may need to get biosculpting and possibly cyberware tailored specific to that image, 3 they have to act in mannner not only predicated by whoever they are portraying, but that vision has to line up with the gang leaders idea of who that character is, 3 instead of just hanging out and busting heads, they have to undergo training both physical, and mental to portray the character, 4. They cannot break role, ever, because the gang is built on the person becoming that persona, 5. realizing that doing all that, then starting shit means you are always a target, for cops, for other gangs, for civilians who see you and start laughing their asses off. and 6. that even if a person goes through all that, that they will continue to be interested in it long enough for the gang to be a force, before the members get bored and go do something else, something more profitable.

The more ridiculous the poser gang, the less likely you are going to find individuals who suit the criteria. What does the leader of the batman gang do when suddenly hjis LT decides he wants to be wolverine, and forms his own x-men posse? Or worse, joins a real boostergang with all that training and cyber you have just given him, and as part of his inittiation is asked to give up all information on those fucktards in tights and bat ears who keep scaring away customers?

I think you may be giving poser gangs, and gangs in general, far too much credit... training, dedication, the resources to do such a thing ... not qualities gangs typically posses, particularly gangs built around the concept of a gimmick.

Look, I'm just saying ONE poser gang, out of many gangs could have menage to do all that.. ALL I'm claiming that ONE gang pulling something spectacular like that not impossible.. History shows how much a person can endure if they think it can help them be great fighters, give them a nice title and respect.. (Take knighthood training and initiation or samurai training and initiation for instance) People, can sometimes show devotion to somethings if they believe in it enough, if it means they will be perfect warriors whom other gangs would fear to sight of them, they would sign up no problem..

I'm not saying all poser gangs would turn out to be an army of Batmans or ninjas, I'm just saying one out of all gangs could "perhaps" menage it..

I mean joining a poser gang is a lot to ask of someone... 1 they have to wear a costume of some sort, 2 they may need to get biosculpting and possibly cyberware tailored specific to that image, 3 they have to act in mannner not only predicated by whoever they are portraying, but that vision has to line up with the gang leaders idea of who that character is, 3 instead of just hanging out and busting heads, they have to undergo training both physical, and mental to portray the character, 4. They cannot break role, ever, because the gang is built on the person becoming that persona, 5. realizing that doing all that, then starting shit means you are always a target, for cops, for other gangs, for civilians who see you and start laughing their asses off. and 6. that even if a person goes through all that, that they will continue to be interested in it long enough for the gang to be a force, before the members get bored and go do something else, something more profitable.

You are over analyzing it a bit, but OK.

1. Depending on the quality of the costume, it may not cost as much and if it looks great and fearsome and if it is associated with a feared and respected gang (or at first a small group of strong and badass individuals) who is not a joke themselves, (even if the costume is) why would they have any problem with it? (there are no shortage of people who wear costumes just for kicks, people who already idolize Batman or any other superhero would die for a change of wearing the costume of the real deal or what is considered to be real deal) Even if some object wearing it at the beginning, after being an established gang, they would even be proud of wearing it.)
2. Lets assume no biosculpting is needed and they get cyberware when they can afford it.. (Or maybe it is something they earn if they survive)
3. Thats the beauty of Batman (For male members) and Batgirl (for female members), both has two persona's, such as Bruce Wayne and Barbara Gordon.. :D Which would also help with number 4.
4. Like I've said, if they are posing as superhero's, they can go into hiding any time they want, as they can break the pose and act like themselves..
5. This can be quite profitable, they are no different from any other gang, how else any other gang can survive for 57+ years? You started to nitpick now..

The more ridiculous the poser gang, the less likely you are going to find individuals who suit the criteria. What does the leader of the batman gang do when suddenly hjis LT decides he wants to be wolverine, and forms his own x-men posse? Or worse, joins a real boostergang with all that training and cyber you have just given him, and as part of his inittiation is asked to give up all information on those fucktards in tights and bat ears who keep scaring away customers?

His LT will do all that before they realize it and get to him? Good luck..

Even if that happened and LT decided to leave his big cut (as most gangs/organizations, if we take the real life as base, get paid per rank) to join some other gang and give all the information away just to become a small, underpaid member of another boostergang where he wouldn't get paid nearly enough for his troubles... Yeah, thats a great plan... How do other boostergangs survive with all this kind of betrayal, OH MY!

YOU COULD MAKE UP 500 WAYS THAT COULD WORK, CUT THE CRAP WISDOM! :D
If i had never read your stories on datafortress2020 i would give up, but nope, i know I'm right on this one...

Last edited:
Look, I'm just saying ONE poser gang, out of many gangs could have menage to do all that.. ALL I'm claiming that ONE gang pulling something spectacular like that not impossible.. History shows how much a person can endure if they think it can help them be great fighters, give them a nice title and respect.. (Take knighthood training and initiation or samurai training and initiation for instance) People, can sometimes show devotion to somethings if they believe in it enough, if it means they will be perfect warriors whom other gangs would fear to sight of them, they would sign up no problem..

I'm not saying all poser gangs would turn out to be an army of Batmans or ninjas, I'm just saying one out of all gangs could "perhaps" menage it..

You are over analyzing it a bit, but OK.

1. Depending on the quality of the costume, it may not cost as much and if it looks great and fearsome and if it is associated with a feared and respected gang (or at first a small group of strong and badass individuals) who is not a joke themselves, (even if the costume is) why would they have any problem with it? (there are no shortage of people who wear costumes just for kicks, people who already idolize Batman or any other superhero would die for a change of wearing the costume of the real deal or what is considered to be real deal) Even if some object wearing it at the beginning, after being an established gang, they would even be proud of wearing it.)
2. Lets assume no biosculpting is needed and they get cyberware when they can afford it.. (Or maybe it is something they earn if they survive)
3. Thats the beauty of Batman (For male members) and Batgirl (for female members), both has two persona's, such as Bruce Wayne and Barbara Gordon.. :D Which would also help with number 4.
4. Like I've said, if they are posing as superhero's, they can go into hiding any time they want, as they can break the pose and act like themselves..
5. This can be quite profitable, they are no different from any other gang, how else any other gang can survive for 57+ years? You started to nitpick now..

His LT will do all that before they realize it and get to him? Good luck..

Even if that happened and LT decided to leave his big cut (as most gangs/organizations, if we take the real life as base, get paid per rank) to join some other gang and give all the information away just to become a small, underpaid member of another boostergang where he wouldn't get paid nearly enough for his troubles... Yeah, thats a great plan... How do other boostergangs survive with all this kind of betrayal, OH MY!

YOU COULD MAKE UP 500 WAYS THAT COULD WORK, CUT THE CRAP WISDOM! :D
If i had never read your stories on datafortress2020 i would give up, but nope, i know I'm right on this one...

I could reply,, but it would just lead to more circular arguments...

For the sake of brevity I will concede that maybe its possible that one gang could do this... but you would think they would choose something cooler than a superhero to emulate...

Like maybe a jive talking super-pimp kung-fu master from an obscure 80's film....

I could reply, but it would just lead to more circular arguments...

No, no, no! Don't stop now! I didn't have anything to argue about in a while now.. With no new information I'm having hard time finding things to discuss with people.. COME ON! :D Wasn't this a bit fun? After all this time?

For the sake of brevity I will concede that maybe its possible that one gang could do this...

I really hope you mean it.. Soon i will be gone and any of these arguments could be the last one for a long while.. And yes, I'm not joking..

but you would think they would choose something cooler than a superhero to emulate...

It doesn't have to be a superhero, it is just a concept people can gather around.. Also, superheroes are cool enough.. Just look at The Watchmen.. Don't tell me you didn't like Watchmen...

Like maybe a jive talking super-pimp kung-fu master from an obscure 80's film....

You know what, that would be funnier at least :D

You know what, that would be funnier at least :D

Especially if that superpimp afro-sporting gang leader had his own dojo, his own movie theater playing nothing but blaxploitation classics and kung fu movies, and a pizza and sushi bar/arcade...

Boy that would sure be cool...

Maybe he could have a sexy girlfriend named Caramel, or a second in command that looked like Jim Kelly...

That's almost too cool to be imagined...

Especially if that superpimp afro-sporting gang leader had his own dojo, his own movie theater playing nothing but blaxploitation classics and kung fu movies, and a pizza and sushi bar/arcade...

Boy that would sure be cool...

Maybe he could have a sexy girlfriend named Caramel, or a second in command that looked like Jim Kelly...

That's almost too cool to be imagined...

I mean, who would dare to go against a gang whos leader is a jive talking afro-sporting superpimp kung-fu master with a sexy girlfriend named Caramel and a second in command that looks like Jim Kelly.. NOBODY that who!

My imagination has just overloaded...

As he said, I am not gonna vote until multiple choice works, but heres how it breaks down...

The three essential Booster gangs are:

Maelstrom, the uber violent spiky implants and lots of cyber combat junky gang everyone is afraid of in the same manner that everyone in Firefly is afraid of the reavers.

Slughterhouse - Urban Ghetto warriors, the bloods and crips on cyberroids, they are the power on the streets, Almost as ruthless and violent as Maelstrom, but much more organized, more AK out the window than going toe to toe in the streets with fists.

Voodoo Boyz - the major Drug connection in night city. Also have a lot of influence in the political world. Started out a smalltime crew dealing drugs to college kids, became a major force dominating narcotics thanks to their leader, Mama Ju-Ju... also hosts underground fight clubs for the financial and political elite of Night City.

you got some good gangs here

Top Bottom