What can I do? I can´t register

+
1549253841058.png

As far as I know, you don't need to register your game any longer. That's an outdated feature held over on the launcher menu. Unless it's somehow interfering with the game, you should be able to ignore it, and just play.

When I start the game, the screen turns black and the glove cursor appears and then closes the game. I already uninstalled it and rinstalled it again. I even click in "repair" and nothing worked

I don't think the two issues are related, actually. If the game isn't launching, it's likely a matter of missing Microsoft Redistributables and/or permissions through Windows.

1.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). You should be able to simply move your existing installation if this is the case. Install it to either the root of your drive or a folder of your own creation. Example: C:\The Witcher\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher\...

2.) Set the game to "Run as administrator" and change the compatibility mode to Windows 7. If that doesn't work, try Windows XP (SP2).

3.) Be sure to add the game to the exceptions list of any anti-virus or firewall you may be using.

4.) Be sure to install any Microsoft Redists that come with the game. You should also ensure that you have DirectX 9.0c installed. For Visual Studio and Visual C++, be sure that you're installing both the x86 and x64 versions for each year you install.

Hello,
I'm Kenezy, and I'm really new to the universe of The Witcher. I saw that they made a Netflix series out of the franchise, and as I was already enjoying my few first hours of Gwent, and had already installed this first The Witcher game, I decided to play the games first, since the beginning, as I am ready to dive in the universe.
I got this game from a recent GOG thing that you could get the game after downloading Gwent, so it's legal.

[Not necessary to the point, jump this if you will: I got to admit that they made a good move on merchandise because I was driven in by the "get the game if you download the card game" move, and ended up not playing the game, enjoying VERY MUCH the card game, and then the Netflix series went out the very next day so I got like "take my body and do your worse" to the franchise.]

So, to the point: in the game launcher, there are the following tabs:
-Launch game
-Launch adventure editor
-Register game
-Check for updates
-www.thewitcher.com
-View readme
-View manual

So I wanted to "register game", and so it says:
"Register your copy of the game at CD Projekt RED

Always be the first to know about what's going on in the world of "the Witcher". Find out about the team's future plans, receive game updates and occasional freebies, and most importantly join our growing online community!

More information at www.thewitcher.com/registration/

Create a new account and register your game on thewitcher.com
[create and account] button

If you already have an account on thewitcher.com, you can log in to register your game.
[log in] button"

So I clicked [create an account]

and this message showed up (I ended up here through the links on the text, but I went back there to login and the same message appeared):

version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

And even though I didn't have to pay for the game, I got it legally, through GOG Galaxy, so I wanted to experience the game with all it's features. Please help me out here if you can. What's the meaning of this? What is this "register game"? Is there another way to register?

And please, could you give me some tips on how to better get in the Witcher universe, and make the best out of this experience? (I have a Xbox One, also) I am really new to it and I am really ready to dive in. Are the books worth reading?

There are .png files showing prints taken by me where I show the error message. (the order is: "capturar.png"; "capturar 2.png", "capturar 3.png".

Thank you for your time,
and I hope you have a merry christmas!

Attachments

• Capturar 2.PNG
    Capturar 2.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Capturar 3.PNG
    Capturar 3.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 173
@Kenezy Thread merged. You don't need to register your game, it will work fine without registering.
I've never registered my copies, one of which is the digital version on GOG.

Hello,
I'm Kenezy, and I'm really new to the universe of The Witcher. I saw that they made a Netflix series out of the franchise, and as I was already enjoying my few first hours of Gwent, and had already installed this first The Witcher game, I decided to play the games first, since the beginning, as I am ready to dive in the universe.
I got this game from a recent GOG thing that you could get the game after downloading Gwent, so it's legal.

[Not necessary to the point, jump this if you will: I got to admit that they made a good move on merchandise because I was driven in by the "get the game if you download the card game" move, and ended up not playing the game, enjoying VERY MUCH the card game, and then the Netflix series went out the very next day so I got like "take my body and do your worse" to the franchise.]

So, to the point: in the game launcher, there are the following tabs:
-Launch game
-Launch adventure editor
-Register game
-Check for updates
-www.thewitcher.com
-View readme
-View manual

So I wanted to "register game", and so it says:
"Register your copy of the game at CD Projekt RED

Always be the first to know about what's going on in the world of "the Witcher". Find out about the team's future plans, receive game updates and occasional freebies, and most importantly join our growing online community!

More information at www.thewitcher.com/registration/

Create a new account and register your game on thewitcher.com
[create and account] button

If you already have an account on thewitcher.com, you can log in to register your game.
[log in] button"

So I clicked [create an account]

and this message showed up (I ended up here through the links on the text, but I went back there to login and the same message appeared):

version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

And even though I didn't have to pay for the game, I got it legally, through GOG Galaxy, so I wanted to experience the game with all it's features. Please help me out here if you can. What's the meaning of this? What is this "register game"? Is there another way to register?

And please, could you give me some tips on how to better get in the Witcher universe, and make the best out of this experience? (I have a Xbox One, also) I am really new to it and I am really ready to dive in. Are the books worth reading?

There are .png files showing prints taken by me where I show the error message. (the order is: "capturar.png"; "capturar 2.png", "capturar 3.png".

Thank you for your time,
and I hope you have a merry christmas!
I got mine thru steam and the same thing happened but I was still able to play the game. Unless it's that important for you to register, I would skip that and just play like I did.

I have an old version, which I did pay for (years ago), and I tried to patch it.
It told me to register.
Then I got the same error.

I want to patch it, at the least, but every time I try, it dumps the installer.

I have an old version, which I did pay for (years ago), and I tried to patch it.
It told me to register.

Try running the installation by right-clicking on the file and selecting Properties ---> Run as administrator.

As far as I know, you should be able to register at any time. It shouldn't interfere with the installation. From what region did you purchase the game, and what region are you in now? The problem may be completely unrelated to the registration thing.

It told me to register.

please check out this info from the support website:

devivre:
please check out this info from the support website:
Enhanced Edition patch - how to — The Witcher | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED
Welcome to CD PROJEKT RED Technical Support! Here you will find help regarding our games and services, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.

support.cdprojektred.com

support.cdprojektred.com
Yep, thanks. Turns out I was just verifying that the patch I had was "the same" and installing it. It was from 2008-ish.
Just downloading the new one, and installing it (in order: 1.4, 1.5) worked perfectly.
Amazing what happens when you actually check your patch dates versus "updated" dates...

Hello, I just downloaded The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, but when I tried to register this happend. So I registered using Chrome and my account is working but when I try to login the same window appears. Can someone please help?
111.png

Top Bottom