What cards do you miss?

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
What cards do you miss?

So, now that the last patch has hit and Gwent will remain the same for the next months, i thought it would be a good time to reminisce and recall - not cards that were removed from the game - but cards that used to have a totally different effect but were reworked.

I'll start:

SK - Champion of Champion (the silver troll) - i loved its effect: "if at the end of the turn its alone in its row, strengthen by 2". I loved making decks around it, but now, its just another dueling card. I guess it could be worse, as dueling is still more interesting than most point spam cards, but i miss the old version.

Neutral - Iris - actually its not Iris that changed, as she still buffs 5x5 when killed, but how Deathwish effect works - before when you had a deathwish unit on board, its effect would trigger the next round if left untouched. Usually i hated this mechanic as monster players used it often, but i found it worked wonders with Iris in NG decks - used those bronze units that used to give resilience (another unit that got boring and now its never played) on the soldiers that buff when anyone draws a card, then put Iris, and didnt trigger it, and if the opponent didnt lock it or banish it... next round they would have a surprise in the form of 5 units totalling over 50pts head start.

I know we have a similar problem now with Resilient spamming and if you lose that round, you're screwed, but i loved the Iris effect, as most players didnt even know it...

Treason was great when it stole a card from opponent's deck. You never knew what you were going to get.

Champion of Champions was also really cool, I agree. Managed to get him quite big a couple times. :D

I miss the days when I did not had to auto-include 3 Silver Cards in every deck I play.

Old weather.
Old reavers.
Old foglets.
Old Dbomb
Old royal decree.
Old stammelfords.
Old pirate captains.
Old prize winning cow.
Old shieldmaiden.
Old dwarves.
OLD LEADER GE'ELS
Functional queensguard.
Old nekker.
Old roach.
Operator.
Old resilience functionality.
Old tuirseach hunter.
Old champion of champions.
Old field medic.
Old morkvarg.
Old savage bear.
Old trololol.
Old Ves.

Most probably missed a few.

rrc

Forum veteran
partci;n10958222 said:
I miss the days when I did not had to auto-include 3 Silver Cards in every deck I play.

Which three? AC, Mandrake, and?

I miss old Roach, in closed beta with consume and Ciri would apear 5 times
And oldgrifin stealing scorch and roach :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Muffliato;n10958165 said:
Treason was great when it stole a card from opponent's deck. You never knew what you were going to get.

Champion of Champions was also really cool, I agree. Managed to get him quite big a couple times. :D

I miss that Treason too, despite being also unpopular, but you COULD know what you would get - i used him after Xarthisius, and instead of denying the opponent of an important gold (which wasnt even sure, because of Royal Decree or shuffle deck stuff) you could steal any bronze or silver you wanted!

Another card i miss mentioned here, was the old prize winning cow, back when it was 1 pt but had retaliation: generate chort - spamming chorts every turn when you strengthened it and damage it with boats, such fun...

Schirrú and Ida with their ambush abilities from closed beta, tricky to use but impactful and satisfying = proper ambush cards.

I miss the old Brokvar Hunters. The ones that would boost themselves by 1 whenever an adjacent unit would take damage, that was a really cool mechanic.

I know there was this NR leader that used to be able to make an exact copy of a bronze unit, I also miss that.

I miss the old Trollololol too, the one that would keep gaining armor every turn.

Hopefully we get some of these old abilities back.

Fun thread! I miss the old Foltest that would make a copy of another bronze and the old Baron. Before I had ever seen anyone do it, I played Baron into lubberkin, dimetrium shakles on Baron (to make him silver) and then decoy him or resurrect him to get lots of lubberkins. It was unbalanced, but really fun.

I missed themed conditial cards that rely on cards in your hand

This card gains 3 strength if you have a relict/dragon in hand.

Boost a card by 4 or strengthen a dwarf by 2

We need more tribal/ themes for us casuals

umm i am not that old but the final nurfs on Imlerith: sabath and Brewess: Ritual now she only spawns bronze card. Whitch is bad since i like prize winning cow and now neither my necker deck finds good rates nor the cow :D.
Also i hear about monster nest, that it was stronger it will make sence since Whispess: tribute was my first ever gold card i opened from a crate and i used to abuse her .But there is like no good support for her archtype . Most value you can squeeze out of her is with manticore or ghoul, but 18 powered gold card that plays silver card is not good stats considering there are simple silver cards that can give you that much on their own.

Top Bottom