What cards do you think are unhealthy for the game?

+
The most unhealty for me are the unbrain cards. No need play good many times. The card Wins for you. Is exactly the same to flip coin.

Kambi
Renew
Villentretenmerth

And need change Frost

I really like the game. But actually I play many times frustrating games (and 80% vs Skellige) And I'm really tired. If this don't change probably I'm going.

Is insane: Play better, play better, play better = Kambi. I don't have shackles. Lost

The reason of these cards are so bad for the game is not that they are unbalanced (and they are). It's that they make the game stop being fun. And if it's not fun, for what I play?
It's assumed to be a skill game. But with these cards chance matters and skill does not count because the deck is played alone. Flip coin Win/lose and continue.

Borkh, Renew, Frost and Crones are the standout ones that are CRITICALLY unhealthy for the game.

Hjalmar is a perfect case of CDPR BADLY missing the numbers. He's far, far to high strength initially.

Last edited:
All of them.

just scrap the whole game

I'm kidding.Honestly there is not one card I feel is unhealthy for the game.only certain mechanics.Weather needs to be on both sides of the board.and some tweaks to some cards.outside of that the game plays well..you just have to remember "you will never have a deck to beat every deck and you can't always win at the game..that would be unbalanced"

TheShift;n9041440 said:
I'm kidding.Honestly there is not one card I feel is unhealthy for the game.only certain mechanics.Weather needs to be on both sides of the board.and some tweaks to some cards.outside of that the game plays well..you just have to remember "you will never have a deck to beat every deck and you can't always win at the game..that would be unbalanced"

I don't need always win. I need win if I play better. Some cards wins for you, you don't need to play well. That's the problem.
So yes. Some cards are unhealthy.

Zjiin;n9041040 said:
Borkh, Renew, Frost and Crones are the standout ones that are CRITICALLY unhealthy for the game.

Hjalmar is a perfect case of CDPR BADLY missing the numbers. He's far, far to high strength initially.

I agree on Renew, and that Frost needs a rework, but Crones? I don't really see it.

Pellenan;n9043360 said:
I don't need always win. I need win if I play better. Some cards wins for you, you don't need to play well. That's the problem.
So yes. Some cards are unhealthy.

I haven't found the card that says "deploy: you win the game" Which one is that? What I HAVE seen are cards that win if unanswered but that is a significant part of the card game puzzle. Baiting out removal so your real threats go unanswered is a timeless strategy. Building a deck that has multiple answers to popular threats is a skill. "Unhealthy" is too strong a word.

Guest 4125030

Hjalmar / kambi is worst card imo. Nerf it so the hjalmar doesnt get +10 when kambi executes. maybe only destroy all bronze OR silver cards? Weather decks arent too hard. Everytime someone plays a rain/frost/fog card they dont get points except for monster faction. And whether can be easely cleared with a unit + points. Villentrettenmerth is also a easy counter. Use thunder on ur own highest units. Or potions on you,re opponents units. Gwent is still a cardgame with much variety. Only hjalmar / kambi is borked imo. i laugh at Nilfgard and Monster faction atm. And I only play NR (non machine deck / non kaedw serg. Deck) its my secret :p.You most likely need to choose the right cards for the opposing faction you are facing and with some popular decks.going around its easy to predict what you need. 2000+ rank 12. Casual mediocre player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of succubus at all. It's ability to steal your highest unit and an inability to stop it in I'd say 90% of decks (unless I'm mistaken) feels like too much of a momentum swing and game changer for a faction that already has so many ways to get powerfully buffed units with insane numbers anyway.

GWENT DATABASE/TOP PLAYED DECKS section is the cause of all the netdecking. + youtubers and streamers. I know I cant blame them, I actually like watching them and want them to continue thier job as players, but if they made a deal that they wont show their decks, only played them, or showed only some meme decks for fun (cause the game is supposed to be fun) and not their mastered top deck. For example the 37 NR card deck is a creation (I dont know who built it) out of someones brain, not the internet.

For example, I built myself a 3 of a kind deck: it has machines+reaver hunters+ armor consuming in ONE deck and it worked pretty fine, considering I dont have essential silvers or golds and it all came from kegs. You play what you draw basically, it can get different everytime, no playing by the guide, only you and your intuition. Thats how I like to play, for FUN.

Disagree with me, I will accept it. But I would like to see yours solutions to the problems of this game.

Geralt's Igni does feel a little overused but at the same time it doesn't feel OP when you compare it to some other cards, it is a gold card after all.
There are situations where it has been played and it's done nothing and other times where it has devastated me, my only issue with the card is just how much I see other people using it.

Well Igni's use spiked with the introduction of more lock cards, right? That would be one factor in the popularity, then it's effectiveness, meta (I hate that funking word) of high numbers etcetera.

I think if anything happens to Igni I should be a limit on how many cards it can destroy. It's versatility is what is making it popular, as it can take out very high power units as well as groups of medium / lower power units.

you people DO realise, that interactions with cards like scorch/igni is LITERALLY what makes Gwent a game, right?

Without them, without needing to "jump through hoops" to avoid getting devastated, the whole game would be decided by who can draw more power, period.
What makes Gwent a game, is exactly that - having to consider the possible implications of what will happen after you play this, or that.

Then again - if any of you actually understood this, you wouldn't be complaining about it, and acting like you know how to improve the balance of the game, when all you're really asking for, is for the devs to make your deck in its current form the top dog.

Jhinjie96;n8994740 said:
Cards that interfere with decks, Regis Higher, Skellige card that moves a card to your own GY, The NG golem that puts copies of itself on top of your deck, those sort of cards can be bad imo

So remove then? What then? You need variety and interesting mechanics or the game gets boring.

cgidiot;n9140790 said:
you people DO realise, that interactions with cards like scorch/igni is LITERALLY what makes Gwent a game, right?

Without them, without needing to "jump through hoops" to avoid getting devastated, the whole game would be decided by who can draw more power, period.
What makes Gwent a game, is exactly that - having to consider the possible implications of what will happen after you play this, or that.

Then again - if any of you actually understood this, you wouldn't be complaining about it, and acting like you know how to improve the balance of the game, when all you're really asking for, is for the devs to make your deck in its current form the top dog.

I don't think anyone has suggested getting rid of Igni or Scorch, they are very necessary in this game as a valuable counter. Even if Ingi was limited to destroying 1 of the highest units in a row it would still be a powerful card to have (just less of a must have), that's all I'm saying.

cgidiot;n9140790 said:

I really like playing Monsters and Nilfgaard. Right now, if I want to be competitively viable I can play neither. There's a difference between wanting to be the "top dog" and wanting the decks we spent time and thought into putting together to be reasonably viable against others (I'm looking at you Skellige). Just for the record I don't agree with Igni and Scorch being unviable, I think they are really good for the health of the game.

For me the unhealthy ones are shit like Savage Bears, Kambi and Donar. Villen after the new patch is basically a shitty delayed Scorch, so he's out.

But beyond that there are things that are unviable because there are TOO MANY counters to them. I dare anyone to successfully pull off a trio ability without Henselt. You opponent has to be practically braindead.

Top Bottom