What cards do you think are unhealthy for the game?

+
partci;n9248751 said:
^ Grave Hag as a Gold would be overkill.

Even if its a gold card you can D-Bomb it afterwards if you have CA or shackle it before. That are the things you would also do to a silver card (of course there are a few more options against silver cards).
Maybe you are right, but my thinking was that a strong card like this one should use one gold slot.
Well, I think we will get lots of opinions on cases like this (card to strong or to weak) :p

It is now vulnerable against Maerdroerme, Alzur's Thunder, etc. Have in mind people are still complaining against Tyborg anh GH will be WAY more powerful than him as a Gold.

General17491;n9247901 said:
I have to admit, I liked the card at the beginning because I got it in one of my first kegs and it helped me climb a few ranks with a very simple consume deck. It got me lots of wins but it gets a little bit boring IMO.
Nevertheless, I think it is a little bit strong for a silver card.
Few suggestions:
1) Increase the timer up to 2 --> Has to be played ealier and even if you have CA the opponent can counter it if his last card can do that, which is not always the case as we all know.
2) Keep timer as it is, increase base strength and make it a gold card --> I think there are gold cards worse than Grave Hag even with her base strength of 2.

partci;n9248751 said:
^ Grave Hag as a Gold would be overkill.

No thanks for option 2. I tend to keep thunder or damage card in hand for last round just for grave hag. Making it gold only means it will be a gold finisher of easy 20+ value while difficult to remove, also practically overweight Kayran and Succubus. That's some real legendary buff, don't feel like give Monster more good gold card since they already have best quality gold...

Option 1 is accpetable

Lacerate is 100% op. It's in almost every top's deck right now. Even not Dagons. It's insane for bronze card to do solid 6-9 damage, mostly 12+ with some combos, and overkill 21+ with solid caranthir etc. Bronze. Card.

Grave Hag is easy to counter even now. Right tempo, some tricks and lacerate (which solid itself and counters consume perfectly). With timeout 2 consume deck's will be unusable. In top 1-250 there are 80% dagons and 20% consumers/eredins from monsters.

Last edited:
Its one of the not often brought up cards from what i've seen but - Coral.

Coral is a terrible designed card, one of the last throwbacks to why weather was a horrible mechanic for most of the game. Far beyond stupid being able to hit the entirity of a row. Needs a limit. Or a rework. Both.

Last edited:
Dont know about unhealthy but my most hated card is reaver hunter. So despise this shit. Every time i see operator > hunter i have a very strong urge to destroy my opponent's jaw

:mean:

All I can say is that GH has one helluva appetite. That's too many cards for one turn. Make it 8 STR and consume one each turn. Can either boost or strengthen.
​​​​​​

nunqmuo;n9250311 said:
as for Grave Hag. Spawned units should be doomed. It's that simple.

They were at some point during Closed Beta, immediately after, Grave Hag dropped off the face of the earth. R.I.P. Grave Hag.

4RM3D;n9250381 said:
They were at some point during Closed Beta, immediately after, Grave Hag dropped off the face of the earth. R.I.P. Grave Hag.

Yep, totally forgot 'bout that. Theres a still too many ways to balance the card. add 1 timer, increase base str + doomed units, make it gold or whatever 'cause right now if you dont have CA or atleast coinflip "CA" there's nothing you can do about it.

nunqmuo;n9250311 said:
as for Grave Hag. Spawned units should be doomed. It's that simple.

They are changing spawned units to "tokens" rather than actual units in the next patch. So I think they might actually be intending to do this.

Igni. A thousand times Igni.

It is a card that has nothing to do with skill, there is zero method to predict or counter play it....there is zero risk in using it, there is zero thought involved in using it...its just a colossal bullsh*t tide-turner that evaporates dozens of meticulously planned moves.

It needs to have a one second countdown timer at least....give you a chance to move your units out of the way or lock him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Igni is fine. Dozen of ways to work around and often a dead card round 3. And I play a deck with quite a few big units.

I havent read all off these but Grave Hag that eats 50+ and laid down last for the win is BS.

Letho that auto kills a line then they throw a D bomb to reset him to 1 is Nilfgard BS.

Queens Guard that you cannot lock to keep from rezzing is BS... Then here comes Cerys with em...

Cow a pult that auto kills is also BS...

Being able to Scorch 3 or 4 times in a row with the Dragon... and only dropping ambushers... come on now... Scoia'Tael geesh... that needs fixed...

Dontezz;n9251681 said:
I havent read all off these but Grave Hag that eats 50+ and laid down last for the win is BS.

Letho that auto kills a line then they throw a D bomb to reset him to 1 is Nilfgard BS.

Queens Guard that you cannot lock to keep from rezzing is BS... Then here comes Cerys with em...

Cow a pult that auto kills is also BS...

Being able to Scorch 3 or 4 times in a row with the Dragon... and only dropping ambushers... come on now... Scoia'Tael geesh... that needs fixed...

I learned to counter Queensguards by using Griffins to steal them from his graveyard :)
Katakan works too.

Graephen;n9252871 said:
I learned to counter Queensguards by using Griffins to steal them from his graveyard :)
Katakan works too.

Yeah but that is a counter to them for only one faction... The griffins work two ways stealing enemies you dont want rezzed... and feeding the ever OP Grave Hag... pssh. And It doenst help the other factions. I'm hoping the new changes "coming soon" Fix alot ..

Last edited:
a_page06;n9260111 said:
I'm surprised this is page 12 and this hasn't turned into the celaeno harpy discussion...

That's because the card itself doesn't create a huge power-swing (or some insane RNG). So, 'casual' users just tend to ignore it and rather complain about Igni or BTM which can be the turning point of the game. Igni and such is trouble on it's own, while Celaeno Harpy needs to be combined with something else to make it powerful. The same users also say Grave Hag is an issue. But the card itself is fine, instead the archetype supporting the card might be broken.

Igni being brought up as a unhealthy card on its own also isnt wrong though. Theres a reason that card has been in-favour for so much of the games existance and always found its way into the vast majority of decks. Its always been broken, People have just come to accept it as a ever present issue. This goes for scorch effects in general as well, too many are being added and its hurting the game as a result. Borkh was a prime candidate for exactly how NOT to design a card before his nerf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom