What cards do you think are unhealthy for the game?

+
Grave hags. Vs consume monsters if you don't go last you're screwed.

Actually just make that consume monsters in general

Cabowse;n9170710 said:
With Tibor you get to draw a card if he does get boosted, he's similar to the Kayran really, as in he is effectively like playing 2 cards at once. Wouldn't say he is particularly overpowered though and counter-able with a Dimeritium bomb.

The interesting thing about Tibor is that the CA argument only really works if he's played in the first two rounds. Using him on the third round forces the opponent into a bronze card they cannot get rid of. Over 70% of the time you're coming off ahead on Tibor because most bronze draws towards the end of the third round (when he is usually played) don't actually do that much. Of course there are some decks that absolutely want to get the last play, like grave hag, but a lot of the time last play ends up not being that game deciding.

The other two advantageous Tibor has is that some of the time your opponent has no bronze cards left, meaning that you get the boost with literally no downside, or the bronze card you have your opponent draw into is not something they want in their hand. It's actually pretty rare that a deck doesn't run some cards they absolutely don't want to draw, so it's not bad for you at all when Tibor draws those.

D-bomb isn't a counter to Tibor. NG is really the only deck that actually wants to run d-bomb in the first place and if we get to a point where people start running d-bomb specifically as a Tibor counter then something is seriously wrong with his power level.

I actually wanna complain about War Longship, Mangonel and Commando Neophyte. War longship is the worst of 3 since SK can revive it even you manage to destroy it.

MooshieMooshie;n9172570 said:
The interesting thing about Tibor is that the CA argument only really works if he's played in the first two rounds. Using him on the third round forces the opponent into a bronze card they cannot get rid of. Over 70% of the time you're coming off ahead on Tibor because most bronze draws towards the end of the third round (when he is usually played) don't actually do that much. Of course there are some decks that absolutely want to get the last play, like grave hag, but a lot of the time last play ends up not being that game deciding.

The other two advantageous Tibor has is that some of the time your opponent has no bronze cards left, meaning that you get the boost with literally no downside, or the bronze card you have your opponent draw into is not something they want in their hand. It's actually pretty rare that a deck doesn't run some cards they absolutely don't want to draw, so it's not bad for you at all when Tibor draws those.

D-bomb isn't a counter to Tibor. NG is really the only deck that actually wants to run d-bomb in the first place and if we get to a point where people start running d-bomb specifically as a Tibor counter then something is seriously wrong with his power level.

Exactly. The first time it was played against me I was like, "What the fuck is this?" He gets this massive gold creature and I get a bloody bronze card that I don't even want? Even some of the most powerful bronze cards will struggle to compete for power against Tibor. Also, in the third round it's essentially forcing you to play for one more turn, allowing weather and other timed effects to tick one more time or allowing your opponent to play other cards that have the limitation of your opponent not having passed and the like. On top of that, the bronze cards you do play are vulnerable to all sorts of effects which golds are immune to. At the very least it should give you the ability to draw silver cards or even be able to choose a card from the top 3 bronze cards in your deck, something that doesn't force a shitty card down your throat while a gold card is getting a +15 boost.

What do people generally think of Letho?

I mean he's a pain in the butt when he's played on his own, but that D-bomb combo is really what makes him deadly.

Think he at least needs to banish 1 less unit either side of him, even with that he's powerful. Either that or he needs to be strengthened instead of boosted, so that the card is more about disrupting enemy lines than decimating them.

Cabowse;n9233351 said:
What do people generally think of Letho?

I mean he's a pain in the butt when he's played on his own, but that D-bomb combo is really what makes him deadly.

Think he at least needs to banish 1 less unit either side of him, even with that he's powerful. Either that or he needs to be strengthened instead of boosted, so that the card is more about disrupting enemy lines than decimating them.

In general I think banishing 2 cards might be enough. However in that case I'd probably prefer it if Letho let you select these two cards (in the same row as letho).
Otherwise with new cards like poor flanking Infantry it will get harder and harder to get use out of Letho and after all the whole combo takes two cards, so you need to get some value out of it.

SWEERS - The card is far too powerful, it mess up with your deck more often than not.
DONAR - Another example of messing up with your deck.
NO CARD should f...ck up decks. Should be ok for graveyards but decks makes it stupid.

Tibor - a bronze card that goes to around 20 inround 3 is far too powerful too.
Letho - Gild card much better than Bork. Instead of 4 cards should only get 2 in opposing row.

Grave Hag - Needles to say it is an I WIN card.

RESILIENCE - should be limited to only one card per round. You can’t have 2 on the board at the same time, period. This is really bad to the game.

In this meta, Grave Hag is bad for the game. You know your opponent has it, so you need to keep the counter in your hand the whole game + never lose the card advantage.

topo9315;n9237561 said:
In this meta, Grave Hag is bad for the game. You know your opponent has it, so you need to keep the counter in your hand the whole game + never lose the card advantage.

this !! totally agreed ;)

Philippa Eilhart. I get it; she's a gold and meant to be very powerful, but every other Gold card either has a counter that can be played on your next turn, or isn't that game changing (like Regular Triss). But Philippa? Instant table turn - no counters. Sure, she only has 1 attack herself, but she's already wiped you, so it doesn't matter what he attack is.

Goddamn Crones is what allows Consume decks to win in the first round and you're in shit for the rest of the game.

From what I have read so far: summary...any card that has given me trouble or lost me the game is unhealthy. :D

Weather is fine, it's just so few ppl tech for anti-weather, or they run first light, use it for rally, and place the unit in the weather and complain weather is oppressive o_O. (no, I don't run weather cards)

I think the only "unhealthy" cards are tokens. So many tokens encourage a certain style of gameplay, leading to what we have now with monster spam. And yet, I'm not sure tokens need to be removed, certainly not entirely.

For the most part, everything else can be played around, countered, or at least anticipated and planned for.

The ST leader Eithné. Easily the most OP leader in the game IMO. ST has enough options of obtaining special cards, and to make Eithné reuse a special bronze or silver special card from EITHER graveyard at any time for the player is crazy. At the very least, Eithné should be limited to her own graveyard's bronze and silver special cards. ST already has plenty of options for obtaining scorch and epidemic, and Eithné is the cheery on top of the cake. I'm honestly a bit surprised she hasn't been nerfed so far, and apparently some other people agree she is in need of a nerf (Merchant on YouTube among other people).

Saying resilience is too much is not true. Special cards that are only useful in the first two rounds are always risky. When you draw them in the third round, its basically a dead card. Decoy can be the same if you have no creature card in play. I once lost to a 1 point reaver scout. We both went into final round with no cards. I drew a commanders horn, then mulliganed it to get a decoy.

Sigurd_3;n9238931 said:
The ST leader Eithné. Easily the most OP leader in the game IMO. ST has enough options of obtaining special cards, and to make Eithné reuse a special bronze or silver special card from EITHER graveyard at any time for the player is crazy. At the very least, Eithné should be limited to her own graveyard's bronze and silver special cards. ST already has plenty of options for obtaining scorch and epidemic, and Eithné is the cheery on top of the cake. I'm honestly a bit surprised she hasn't been nerfed so far, and apparently some other people agree she is in need of a nerf (Merchant on YouTube among other people).

Emmm... Eithne IS already limited with her own graveyard. The only possible way to use a special card from an opponent's graveyard is through using Aglais...

APTEMOH4UK;n9242141 said:
Emmm... Eithne IS already limited with her own graveyard. The only possible way to use a special card from an opponent's graveyard is through using Aglais...
You're sure? I could have sworn she used a special card from my graveyard. Hmm, perhaps it is Aglais that I am confused about. My mistake then.

Last edited:
topo9315;n9237561 said:

I have to admit, I liked the card at the beginning because I got it in one of my first kegs and it helped me climb a few ranks with a very simple consume deck. It got me lots of wins but it gets a little bit boring IMO.
Nevertheless, I think it is a little bit strong for a silver card.
Few suggestions:
1) Increase the timer up to 2 --> Has to be played ealier and even if you have CA the opponent can counter it if his last card can do that, which is not always the case as we all know.
2) Keep timer as it is, increase base strength and make it a gold card --> I think there are gold cards worse than Grave Hag even with her base strength of 2.

Top Bottom