What changes do we want to see in the next patch?

+
Neutral:
Portal - 14p - 4p cards got stronger, you usually get between 10-14 points, and it thins by 2
Alzur's Thunder - back to 6p, for 5p it's 2p cheaper than best locking cards, and because most cards that you want to lock have 5str i think this bronze card is too strong

ST:
Francesca - back to 13p, maybe even less, her power gives you between 10 all the way up to 20+ points
Call of the forest - 12p, being restricted to ST cards doesn't really matter, if you want to tutor some neutrals you are more than welcome to play royal decree, this card is simply stronger, you get more points with a single play, there are cards that get value from being buffed, you can play buffed engines
Dryad ranger - remove harmony, make them 4str and dealing 1dmg, this way their ceiling is a bit lower, i don't like poison at all, it's super oppressive against tall decks in kind of the same way bounty was before (cheap cards having huge potential), and this is the main reason for tall monsters being unplayable, fortunately Purify is more of a thing now - maybe it's better to make both 5p poison cards stronger but more expensive
Weeping Willow - 8p, it's way too easy to exceed provisions cost

SK:
Sigrdrifa's right - 11p, you are almost always getting 12str or Olaf, with floor being 8 str
Hjalmar - 11p, best removal in the game, makes other 10p removals look silly

NR:
Calanthe - 14p, and force a player to play the card he is drawing
Keira - 12p, 7str, i don't like the fact that all NR golds are relatively cheap right now, so they can just play all of them no matter what deck they are running, this also makes her weaker to cards like igni, scorch, treason etc, and at the same time a bit stronger in a short round

NG:
Ardal - 15p
Yennefer's invocation - 10p
Tourney Joust - 5p, it's still a better version of neutral card
Emissary - 4p
Dutchess's informant - 4p
Mangonel - 4str, damage by 2, for adjacent spies increase by 1

MO:
Wild hunt warrior - 5str, dmg enemy by 1, repeat for every allied WH unit, each attack has to have different target
Griffin - 6p, stayed the same while all other bronzes got better
Ice giant - 6p, stayed the same while all other bronzes got better
Ghoul - 7p, because two of the above are better
Jotunn - 8p, move 3 enemy units to the other row and damage them by 1

I know these are mostly nerfs, but it's way easier to nerf a few cards that are clearly a problem, than to buff all the cards that are currently too weak.
Is the new expansion also dropping next month?

Last edited:
Neutral:
Portal - 14p - 4p cards got stronger, you usually get between 10-14 points, and it thins by 2
Alzur's Thunder - back to 6p, for 5p it's 2p cheaper than best locking cards, and because most cards that you want to lock have 5str i think this bronze card is too strong

ST:
Francesca - back to 13p, maybe even less, her power gives you between 10 all the way up to 20+ points
Call of the forest - 12p, being restricted to ST cards doesn't really matter, if you want to tutor some neutrals you are more than welcome to play royal decree, this card is simply stronger, you get more points with a single play, there are cards that get value from being buffed, you can play buffed engines
Dryad ranger - remove harmony, make them 4str and dealing 1dmg, this way their ceiling is a bit lower, i don't like poison at all, it's super oppressive against tall decks in kind of the same way bounty was before (cheap cards having huge potential), and this is the main reason for tall monsters being unplayable, fortunately Purify is more of a thing now - maybe it's better to make both 5p poison cards stronger but more expensive
Weeping Willow - 8p, it's way too easy to exceed provisions cost

SK:
Sigrdrifa's right - 11p, you are almost always getting 12str or Olaf, with floor being 8 str
Hjalmar - 11p, best removal in the game, makes other 10p removals look silly

NR:
Calanthe - 14p, and force a player to play the card he is drawing
Keira - 12p, 7str, i don't like the fact that all NR golds are relatively cheap right now, so they can just play all of them no matter what deck they are running, this also makes her weaker to cards like igni, scorch, treason etc, and at the same time a bit stronger in a short round

NG:
Ardal - 15p
Yennefer's invocation - 10p
Tourney Joust - 5p, it's still a better version of neutral card
Emissary - 4p
Dutchess's informant - 4p
Mangonel - 4str, damage by 2, rest stays the same

MO:
Wild hunt warrior - 5str, dmg enemy by 1, repeat for every allied WH unit, each attack has to have different target
Griffin - 6p, stayed the same while all other bronzes got better
Ice giant - 6p, stayed the same while all other bronzes got better
Ghoul - 7p, because two of the above are better
Jotunn - 8p, move 3 enemy units to the other row and damage them by 1

I know these are mostly nerfs, but it's way easier to nerf a few cards that are clearly a problem, than to buff all the cards that are currently too weak.
Is the new expansion also dropping next month?

Most of what you said I agree with. Except for Keira being 12p and Calanthe forcing you to play card you draw. Think Calanthe would be fine to have a reduction in provisions as you say. Kind of over leaders getting nerfed to the point where they are unplayable, far too many leaders in game like that already. Keira was nerfed last patch and I think shes fine as she is. Other than that I think you're mostly right.

Definitely like to see thinning be made a bit more expensive to do though, so yeah definitely an increase in provisional cost for portal.

Better to see how the other faction overhauls go before they get too nerf happy in my opinion.

Most of what you said I agree with. Except for Keira being 12p and Calanthe forcing you to play card you draw. Think Calanthe would be fine to have a reduction in provisions as you say. Kind of over leaders getting nerfed to the point where they are unplayable, far too many leaders in game like that already. Keira was nerfed last patch and I think shes fine as she is. Other than that I think you're mostly right.

Definitely like to see thinning be made a bit more expensive to do though, so yeah definitely an increase in provisional cost for portal.

Better to see how the other faction overhauls go before they get too nerf happy in my opinion.

Why should thinning be more expensive? The game's already heavily in favour of getting a good deal, don't make it worse - this is what puts new players off, the fact you can look at your first hand and know it's going to be a struggle. Made worse when your opponent gold-slams you into next week with their final hand of blessed good fortune.

I'd like to see obsolete cards replaced with decent silvers/golds. Not enough decent choice from the top table and once you pick a leader, most of the deck picks itself - this is a problem.

rrc

Forum veteran
So, you basically want to nerf every thing that is good and strong? Except for your Portal changes, I don't agree with anything else. I also wish Portal becomes 14P and Summoning Circle become 10P.

Francesca is strong I agree, but 13P is too less given that she is useful now only with three cards. Call of Forest, why the hell should it be 12P? While all other tutors are much lesser provisions. CoF is a solid card which is trying to put ST in a good spot and you want it to be unusable? Difference between Poison and Bounty is, Bounty gives huge amount of resource back when you kill the unit while Poison doesn't. It needs two cards to achieve it and if you draw odd number of cards in your hand it is quite embarrassing. Weeping Willow is being used after several months, first time after it was printed and you want to send it back? Come on!

Sigrdrifa is an 8P restore, but making it to 11 is too costly and would make it only usable with a couple of cards as it can't be used with Hjalmar, Heimdal, etc. May be she is fine as she is useful only with a few cards. Hjalmar is a 10P card which can kill any other card in R3. He has his weakness and 10P is good. At 9, he was a little too strong.

Calanthe is still questionable. I wish she gets to have 15 provision but only be able to draw NR card. Keira is fine now.

Ardal, I agree (because I hate him), 16P is too much for such an oppressive leader. YenCon is faction card and having -1 P (than Heatwave) is OK. Tourney Joust is one of my most hated cards, but at 5P it will be the same as Assassin. It is the necessary evil against engine decks.

MO I like the Jotumn suggestion, the pre-HC ability, right?

What I want in the next update (only ST changes, as other faction fanboys can come up with what they want for their faction):
1) Ele'Yas: 5 strength, 8 provisions: Boost all boosted allies by 1 and damage all damaged enemies by 1
2) Isengrim's Coucil: 6P
3) Hattori: Change him to something completely different
4) Dol Blathanna Sentry: Whenever an ally moves, boost it by 1. Bonded: In addition, whenever an enemy moves, damage by 1.
5) Xavier: 5 strength, 7 provisions, whenever this unit receives boost, give a random ally vitality for 2 turns.
6) Yerpen: Change him to something different
7) Malena: 5 strength, 6P, same ability

Leader changes:
1) Filandrevel: 17 provisions. (In no universe Fila with the current ability with 15 provisions makes sense. He has many inherent weakness; 50% of the matches he is at a disadvantage - when he gets blue coin; he can't add the strongest of the ST cards as they are special and will make his ability weaker; everyone and their grandmother knows to bleed him and make him have a maximum of 7 values put on board. Currently he supports only two bronzee cards in the entire faction and both are also just meh). Until he is reworked and get a new ability, he should have 17 provisions.
2) Brouver: 15 provisions. He is a good leader with a versatile ability, only to be crippled by the provisions. 14P for him is too low.

ST is strong this is meta, but all I see is Francesca (at least and not the same deck like NG, so kudos to CDPR! She has at least 3 different variations. Dwarf, harmony, Gord). I tried many variation of Brouver movement, but the win % is too low against Francesca on any of her variations. With some support to movement and higher provisions, Brouver can also be good.

Why should thinning be more expensive? The game's already heavily in favour of getting a good deal, don't make it worse - this is what puts new players off, the fact you can look at your first hand and know it's going to be a struggle. Made worse when your opponent gold-slams you into next week with their final hand of blessed good fortune.

I'd like to see obsolete cards replaced with decent silvers/golds. Not enough decent choice from the top table and once you pick a leader, most of the deck picks itself - this is a problem.

Yes, a strong overhaul of obsolete cards would also go a long way in helping.

Yes, a strong overhaul of obsolete cards would also go a long way in helping.

CDPR have a tendency to focus on the wrong thing; they tend to be more of a "put a band-aid on it" rather than perform a biopsy and get the medication sorted type of company.

They kind of think that because we have to include so many bronze cards, we need more to choose from, which is actually the opposite of what's required. To add variety, they need a far better spread of expensive cards to really vary the gameplay. I don't mean the HUGELY expensive ones, more the 6-11 range. They started to bring in a variety with SY, but need to go back to their other factions and add better cards.

The huge volume of bronze is more suited to a set hand-size model (Gwent Beta), which is why I think it feels a bit confused and unnecessary. You could literally half the number of bronzes and it would make no difference to the playability of the game. But instead of doing that, use the space to create a bunch more expensive and interesting cards. Make some of the organic cards a bit stronger, like Hideous Feast, add a good deal more traps to add variety to ST decks, add more discard mechanics in SK, more row effects in neutral or faction specific, more spies in NG deck, armor effects in NR and NG decks, many more bonded cards (Dol Blath Sentry, for example), bring in cards that block damage temporarily (protect all units on a row for 3 turns, for example) and my personal goal MORE CARDS THAT UNLOCK OR PURIFY!

The specific last (few?) points are really important - Gwent shouldn't just be point slam/destroy. If you have a lot more ways of blocking, purifying or bonding units it becomes much more strategic. Critical point alert...

Gwent should be about defence as much as attack - that's what makes a game strategic.

Gwent has practically NO defence, it's all attack - whether that's damage, seize, or boost it's all about an assault. It's like cricket being a game of batting only, makes no sense.

CDPR have a tendency to focus on the wrong thing; they tend to be more of a "put a band-aid on it" rather than perform a biopsy and get the medication sorted type of company.

They kind of think that because we have to include so many bronze cards, we need more to choose from, which is actually the opposite of what's required. To add variety, they need a far better spread of expensive cards to really vary the gameplay. I don't mean the HUGELY expensive ones, more the 6-11 range. They started to bring in a variety with SY, but need to go back to their other factions and add better cards.

The huge volume of bronze is more suited to a set hand-size model (Gwent Beta), which is why I think it feels a bit confused and unnecessary. You could literally half the number of bronzes and it would make no difference to the playability of the game. But instead of doing that, use the space to create a bunch more expensive and interesting cards. Make some of the organic cards a bit stronger, like Hideous Feast, add a good deal more traps to add variety to ST decks, add more discard mechanics in SK, more row effects in neutral or faction specific, more spies in NG deck, armor effects in NR and NG decks, many more bonded cards (Dol Blath Sentry, for example), bring in cards that block damage temporarily (protect all units on a row for 3 turns, for example) and my personal goal MORE CARDS THAT UNLOCK OR PURIFY!

The specific last (few?) points are really important - Gwent shouldn't just be point slam/destroy. If you have a lot more ways of blocking, purifying or bonding units it becomes much more strategic. Critical point alert...

Gwent should be about defence as much as attack - that's what makes a game strategic.

Gwent has practically NO defence, it's all attack - whether that's damage, seize, or boost it's all about an assault. It's like cricket being a game of batting only, makes no sense.

You get an upvote for mentioning cricket lol (Currently enjoying the ashes results)

But yeah, the bronzes seem to be dead weight, very few seem to be applicable to decks. As most people use decks that have specific archetypes and strategies that really limits the bronzes that can be used.

I do however feel like CDPR may have realised this but they are so focused on the ios version of the game and the one by one faction overhauls that maybe they simply don't have the time to address the bronze issues?

That was the case in the past, hence the overhaul of bronzes. Now, a lot more bronzes are pretty good and no longer junk to be discarded.

Still too basic. Boost by x, damage by y. Nowhere near enough focus on bonded, protection, defending, etc. However, can an iOS version be strategic/complex? Probably not. Maybe in future - CDPR have shown, via coins, they're not averse to major change.

Back to the OP, what is expected/anticipated in the next patch? Changes, or new factions/gameplay?

So, you basically want to nerf every thing that is good and strong? Except for your Portal changes, I don't agree with anything else. I also wish Portal becomes 14P and Summoning Circle become 10P.

Francesca is strong I agree, but 13P is too less given that she is useful now only with three cards. Call of Forest, why the hell should it be 12P? While all other tutors are much lesser provisions. CoF is a solid card which is trying to put ST in a good spot and you want it to be unusable? Difference between Poison and Bounty is, Bounty gives huge amount of resource back when you kill the unit while Poison doesn't. It needs two cards to achieve it and if you draw odd number of cards in your hand it is quite embarrassing. Weeping Willow is being used after several months, first time after it was printed and you want to send it back? Come on!

Sigrdrifa is an 8P restore, but making it to 11 is too costly and would make it only usable with a couple of cards as it can't be used with Hjalmar, Heimdal, etc. May be she is fine as she is useful only with a few cards. Hjalmar is a 10P card which can kill any other card in R3. He has his weakness and 10P is good. At 9, he was a little too strong.

Calanthe is still questionable. I wish she gets to have 15 provision but only be able to draw NR card. Keira is fine now.

Ardal, I agree (because I hate him), 16P is too much for such an oppressive leader. YenCon is faction card and having -1 P (than Heatwave) is OK. Tourney Joust is one of my most hated cards, but at 5P it will be the same as Assassin. It is the necessary evil against engine decks.

MO I like the Jotumn suggestion, the pre-HC ability, right?

What I want in the next update (only ST changes, as other faction fanboys can come up with what they want for their faction):
1) Ele'Yas: 5 strength, 8 provisions: Boost all boosted allies by 1 and damage all damaged enemies by 1
2) Isengrim's Coucil: 6P
3) Hattori: Change him to something completely different
4) Dol Blathanna Sentry: Whenever an ally moves, boost it by 1. Bonded: In addition, whenever an enemy moves, damage by 1.
5) Xavier: 5 strength, 7 provisions, whenever this unit receives boost, give a random ally vitality for 2 turns.
6) Yerpen: Change him to something different
7) Malena: 5 strength, 6P, same ability

Leader changes:
1) Filandrevel: 17 provisions. (In no universe Fila with the current ability with 15 provisions makes sense. He has many inherent weakness; 50% of the matches he is at a disadvantage - when he gets blue coin; he can't add the strongest of the ST cards as they are special and will make his ability weaker; everyone and their grandmother knows to bleed him and make him have a maximum of 7 values put on board. Currently he supports only two bronzee cards in the entire faction and both are also just meh). Until he is reworked and get a new ability, he should have 17 provisions.
2) Brouver: 15 provisions. He is a good leader with a versatile ability, only to be crippled by the provisions. 14P for him is too low.

ST is strong this is meta, but all I see is Francesca (at least and not the same deck like NG, so kudos to CDPR! She has at least 3 different variations. Dwarf, harmony, Gord). I tried many variation of Brouver movement, but the win % is too low against Francesca on any of her variations. With some support to movement and higher provisions, Brouver can also be good.

1. francescas restriction doesn't matter, only thing that matters is how many points she can get, later in your post you even mentioned she has 3 playable decks, why is that? because she is op
2. i gave you 4 reasons why call of the forest should be nerfed, you gave 0 counter arguments, it will be far from unplayable for 12p
3. i'm happy Weeping Willow is being used, but they over buffed it
4. Sigrdrifa is already only usable with a couple cards, getting 12 for 11 is still very good, or another olaf for 11, maaaaybe 11 is too much, but that's only because of heatwave and yencon, also ozzrel to some degree
5. hjalmar doesn't have any weakness
6. yencon is better than heatwave
7. tourney joust is flexible and it's a tactic, it's killing every 4p and 5p engine and order card, i would much rather have NG use locks, and get some more cards that synergize with it
8. your ele'yas would be super op, it's sooo easy to get 10 points with that, and obviously ceiling is much higher

- Francesca, back to 13 provisions. Maybe, revert the call of the forest card, back to its original and unique design. Justice and Waters are still super good options for Fran. No need to nerf ST more, after reaching a playable state.

- Calanthe should get the same treatment as all the other leaders. When using her ability she should be restricted to play only NR cards. Right now there isn't abuse with neutrals, because NR golds and bronzes are super cheap and with high value.

- Ardal shouldn't be a 16 provisions leader, especially when you have shitty ones like Unseen Elder, Filavandrel and others at 15p or less.

- In general, they should rework all the leaders and their provisions cap. After all that's why they introduced the provisions system of leaders in homecoming. As an extra tool for balancing things, besides nerfing and buffing cards.

- Unlock casual mode or lose even more ppl playing gwent. I'm not bying the PR BS that it was done to help newbies. Just check your rank (no matter what it is) and see how high your global position is compared to previous seasons. The ppl who are playing gwent for some time, will get it. Regardless if that's the case for locking casual, it's another bad choice for the game.

Last edited:
I want the devs tracking what the hell they have done and release a mid-month repatch.

This month is upsetting and annoying with half of the people playing Francesca. I am very upset with the game this month.

I want Francesca to at the very least go back to 13 provisions, however changing her more by restricting the provisions of the targets she can get and giving her a passive would also be nice.
Scoiatael needs far more nerfs than that though, the issue is not just Francesca (and addressing her by overnerfing Fran is not the answer, in that case another ST leader will just take over), the entire faction is currently overtuned.

Beyond that I would like cards, such as Ice Giant, Jotunn and Yarpen to be completely reworked.
Yarpen was only degenerate or just plain bad in "no-unit" type of decks and with the rule of 13+ units that is not even do-able in any desirable form.
The same goes for Ice Giant and Jotunn, only that those would not even be good if they would work.
The reason Keltullis works is due to the fact that Keltulis actually has a presence, immediate high value and playing more units, just to get "no-unit" triggers on them as well is contradicting that condition.
Keltullis is a nice anti-bleed card and potentially still a 9 for 11, which is tolerable for the worst case.

I would also see Weavess: Incantation go to 4 or 5 base strenght, so the card is actually worth playing with targets, such as Griffin.
Also Vivaldi's Bank could go to 8 provisions (It should at the very least be better than The Last Wish).
Ele'yas could also be reworked to be playable.
Morvuudd should be changed, given that Monsters just does not play a beast theme deck, in fact the card would only fit in SK and would mend some of Beast SK's wounds (though not enough and switching factions is not what I want to suggest).
Lambert: Swordmaster could be changed into a playable version (e.g. add a second mode or rework him completely).
Hym could get a buff, given that the game has moved beyond it. (e.g. 1 provision)

Beyond that an important change would be for The Crimson Curse to boost vampires at the end of one's turn, so the card would be worth the massive investment and finally be ok/good.
In fact this should apply to all beneficial wheather, The Crimson Curse and all beneficial wheather released in the future should work at the end of one's turn (like cards, such as Svalblood Priest and the beta Greatsword Ship interaction).

Last edited:
I would not like any change in the next patch before we get a chance to see how the new mechanics work. Fran is surely very strong now but I would not like to see her nerfed and then relegated to not being played in the new meta.

I would not like any change in the next patch before we get a chance to see how the new mechanics work. Fran is surely very strong now but I would not like to see her nerfed and then relegated to not being played in the new meta.
Reverting her to 13 provisions is pretty much a must though, the provision buff was obviously a mistake.
Not to mention that with Justice and the large focus on Dwarves there is no doubt she is still going to be the best leader in ST.

Edit: It is also about time that Gascon gets changed to be actually playable (I would prefer a complete rework of his skill).
Gascon hits an average of 5.5 and thus is on average a 7.5 for 8, which is just awful and sad, given that Reynard has been changed to be playable.

Last edited:
Return of the old Black-listing system. Blacklisting means that if you mulligan away a card, you wont redraw into it or the copy of it, during the current mulligan phase.

What we see from time and time again is this wide frustration, when not being able to draw certain cards, or drawing them at the wrong time, and being forced to keep them. No one actually wants to mulligan away a gold card, say Renew, despite it being useless in the first round, as the chances of drawing into the card again is low, or 1/10, for each mulligan, based on number of remaining cards in your deck. It feels bad to be forced into a decision that was predetermined by an RNG factor.

Return of the old Black-listing system. Blacklisting means that if you mulligan away a card, you wont redraw into it or the copy of it, during the current mulligan phase.

What we see from time and time again is this wide frustration, when not being able to draw certain cards, or drawing them at the wrong time, and being forced to keep them. No one actually wants to mulligan away a gold card, say Renew, despite it being useless in the first round, as the chances of drawing into the card again is low, or 1/10, for each mulligan, based on number of remaining cards in your deck. It feels bad to be forced into a decision that was predetermined by an RNG factor.

Honestly if I get a card in the first round that I absolutely want to have later in the game I just don't mulligan it. If I have to pass early because of that decision then I will do that. The blacklisting issue really doesn't bother me that much. The game is already extremely consistent. Just cram in a bunch of thinning and you can play basically your entire deck.

Remove the Lvl 7 Cap for Casual.
I'm sure you meant the rank 7 restriction for casual, not level. I do hope CDPR realises that grinding to rank 7, and having to do it every season, is quite the opposite of casual play. If my experience i anything to go by (barely played Gwent this season), then it's quite likely that it hasn't solved their player retention issue.

Top Bottom