What choices did you make in HoS? (major end-game spoilers)

+

What choices did you make in HoS? (major end-game spoilers)

• Took Iris’ rose, saved Olgierd from Gaunter O’Dimm

Votes: 77 72.6%
  • Took Iris’ rose, allowed Gaunter O’Dimm to claim his debt

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Did not take Iris’ rose, saved Olgierd from Gaunter O’Dimm

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Did not take Iris’ rose, allowed Gaunter O’Dimm to claim his debt

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
I took the rose from Iris because as sad as the situation was, she was already dead. I felt it was the right thing to do, not just to end her torment but also to free the demon cat and dog who had been dragged into the whole thing against their will...

first playthrough I let O'Dimm have Olgierd because I thought him a right git after everything he did or caused to happen to Iris, and Vlodimir. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought that there was no way that Olgierd would have knowingly sacrificed Vlod - O'Dimm knew that the only two people Olgierd cared about were Iris and Vlod so maybe it was a coin toss between them as to which one would die...maybe that's part of whatever contract O'Dimm makes with people, that someone dies - that's just a theory anyway :D I wondered if that was why the guy in the cell next to Geralt died after Geralt made the pact (although of course it's perfectly reasonable to say that he just happened to drown!)

She gave me the rose and i saved Olgered.
Not sure if saving him was the right thing to do, but i was qurious as to what will happen.

I didn't take Iris' rose. It was really tough choice. But I didn't want to "erase" her completely. And I was a bit paranoid about this "cat and dog" guys, thought they could help Gaunter O’Dimm because of some "demons' solidarity". Now I know that my suspicions were groundless. But what done is done. Also, I saved Olgierd and got his awsome saber as a reward, now I keep it in my swords collection in Corvo Bianco.

This time it will be another pact with the devil in HoS.
Except in the first playthrough a year ago, it is always the pact with my friend the devil Gaunter :hmm2:
muuuuaharrharrharrharr!

Gaunter O`dimm is already waiting to give Vampire Geralt that awesome black zombie mare. :D

Because Olgierd is some stupid brainless idiot with endless time, endless money, a wonderful love and immortality - but the brainless idiot uses all his benefits and advantages over "common" people and all his money and powers and the great life he COULD have, only for destruction, excessive alcoholism, destroying statues and burning houses, kicking away his loved one because she was "too boring" (hm maybe she didn`t want to live like some YOLO-drug-addict-raider-hobo-marauder ganglord) and behaving like some ape from the "28 Days later" movie with sword and torch.

Last edited:
It depends on what I am playing like. There are playthroughs in which I will purposefully do things that I perceive as "wrong" choices. I do that to see all the content and to see what happens - sometimes, what I considered to be worst is actually far better than what I expected.

But in my personan canon, I will take the rose and free Olgierd.

- an eternity in that painting seems like hell to me.
- the sympathetic little demon cat and dog asked me to end it.
- I dislike Olgierd, but I prefer to side with him than with that demon.

She is dead. Being a ghost or whatever she was is not a proper resting place. So I took the rose. The cycle must continue. She needs to go to the next plane or where ever the dead finally go to.

As for the other choice no way does Grealt ever get involved. Why would he risk his life for someone that is not paying him and has no bonds to? Add to this the fact that O'Dim can stop time and kill at will would mean any sane person doesn't get involved. Yes it's a game and WE (the player) knows that Geralt will live somehow. But no one with just the knowledge from the game would EVER challenge O'Dim That is also why I said no reward. I want nothing to do with him and just to be away from him.

If this had any "reality" (in the sense of Geralt can actually die) there is no way he ever challenges O'Dim.

Finished HoS over the weekend - I had avoided the von Everec estate for weeks because I didn't want to fight the Caretaker, the Wraith in the painting, and the Nightmares. Awesome fights, though :)

I took the rose because I thought Iris had suffered enough and should move on even with the nightmares cleared. Also, I had promised Olgierd to bring him the rose. When he asked me about it, I told him it was a token of Iris' love which seemed to melt his heart of stone. Afterwards, I decided to help Olgierd simply because I thought Gaunter O'Dim was Evil incarnate and I didn't want him to win. I didn't like Olgierd much; after finding out about his backstory, I did feel a bit of pity for him but not enough to save him. The main reason I helped him was that I disliked O'Dim even more than Olgierd. Also, I thought that saving him would serve well as punishment for all he had done.

I did not take Iris’ rose and saved Olgierd from Gaunter O’Dimm on my first playthrough. I thought Olgierd could help Iris somehow, maybe enter the painted world as Geralt did and bring a better closure for her...but that obviously didn't happen. I was also pretty tempted to let Gaunter have Olgierd, but for me it was chosing the lesser evil in the end...

My Geralt didn't like Olgierd or find him particularly sympathetic, but as I saw it Gaunter is possibly the most powerful, dangerous and malicious monster Geralt has ever faced, and knowingly doing anything to empower or help him further his interests is necessarily an evil act that makes Geralt directly complicit in his disgusting practice. And all talk of neutrality aside, Geralt just so happens to have a conscience.

I took Iris' rose because it seemed as if Iris was in torment and taking the rose would end it, let her move on. I helped Olgierd only because I saw Gaunter O'Dimm as a challenge. I wanted to beat him in his own game. I don't care much about Olgierd. From the point I met with him and his crew I didn't have the best impression of them. They are like rich bandits, doing what they want, paying no heed to any rules.

Also Gaunter O'Dimm might be something else than Satan. Look at the initials. Regardless I think he was a very interesting villain. One thing I learnt watching all his rewards after I beat him on youtube is really cool.
If you finish HoS before you finish main quest, one of the rewards you can get and pretty much only one that's worth anything is he can tell you all the decisions you need to make to get the best ending in the main quest. My mind was blown. Also, top notch acting in his part whoever voiced him. I liked that one a lot.

Last edited:
ottffsse;n2092753 said:
I have a question: anyway to get the venomous viper silver sword without throwing the gauntlet on O Dim at the end? Because judging from the evidence collected I am really suspect that Olgierd is a person worth Geralt "playing" the hero for the end and risking his own soul / well being. There is no indication that Olgierd will actually change his nature, just become mortal again, but still remain a wandering rascal in all likelihood. As for doing it for Iris, well she is already either beyond saving through their reckless actions or is at peace / non existent anyways. Anyways, even when I chose to let o Dim take Olgierd Geralt always says to o Dim at the end he wants nothing from him.

as for defeating o Dim, that is not really a way to really defeat him I am sure, even if you throw the gauntlet at him and win the puzzle you don't really destroy him probably, it is just that you "won" something this time.

Only through console commands.

Top Bottom