What color correction can do to those ugly screenshots

+
another one...

he's right about the sky. what happened? it was a beautiful blue sky and now is light blue/green. is that dynamic weather plus that yellow tint?

That's a huge difference. The orange lighting is just something that doesn't belong in this game. I really have no idea why they made it like this. Because of this change the game at any time of the day looks like it's sunset. How the hell does this get approved? SweetFX here i come.

---------- Updated at 08:15 PM ----------

Not sure what you're on about. The draw distance is still worse than in the 35 minute walkthrough. Check the belltower in the distance in the Novigrad screenshot. The color correction makes the detail on near objects pop a little more though.
>brings up the tower again.

Sigh, no use anymore. Nevermind

---------- Updated at 08:29 PM ----------

You guys do realize that the dynamic weather system is so advanced that it actually creates

DRAMATIC PAUSE

Different weather effects? Such as an OVERCAST SKY?

They amount of..sorry, but inability to think I see here is ridiculous. This guy took a bunch of screenies in one play through. The weather happened to be overcast. Lol. The weather in other footage looms much clearer.

The color and contrast situation regarding the other surfaces I agree with..but come on, lets be realistic..

The orange tint is likely the result of a different time of day. It probably looks untinted at other times.

Btw, you do know that monitors/TVs support a contrast adjustment feature, right? This has been the standard since the days of CRTs.You don't need to mod the game to get extra contrast.

Hmm that PS you have done is great, changes the mood completely and really reminds me of the good old 35 min demo, hopefully it's possible to mod it like that for the whole game, not just a single picture :p

I hope so to. Changing the texture of the sky is not that big of a deal i hope... the problem is the fog that surrounds everything... this is the real problem.

The textures are the same indeed and draw distance is confirmed to be better in the final PC version but we still haven't seen the geometry on the buildings in the example below since the 35 minute demo.

We will find out in a couple of days if that is still in or not.

Well, we are comparing PS4 version with the PC, and there is no proper AO there (HBAO+); so I'm guessing most of those shading differences would come from that. Also when you just take that snippet from the whole picture, it looks the newer version seems better colouring wise. It looks less cool, that's for sure; but more realistic (shadows aside). Because brick walls are not supposed to reflect the light that much, as in the previous version.

And of course, let's check the TOD (for people claiming, oh it's the same time of day!), "Noon - Clear" vs "16:53 - Overcast"...

Last edited:
Just a daily reminder that just because they added more aerial perspective fog does NOT mean that they are covering up the draw distance.

another one...

I guess it's subjective but I actually like the original sky better in this shot. The "corrected" sky seems to me out of place as it is like a sky from a summer day or a sky from a tropical beach. The older sky seem more in line with how the "weather" and "sky" is on that particular day. And I don't know where you are from but the sky here often look like that, especially in early spring time whereas you mostly only get that darker blue colored sky at summer.

That is not to say I am not for color change. I would absolutely love if it's possible to revert back to some of the older trailers.

Last edited:
Here's one I made a bit earlier as well.
Seems like apart from AO which is missing on the bottom PS4 shot, it's identical when you colour correct it.

Attachments

• e24v2gan.jpg
    e24v2gan.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 45
Same Changes

Original

Edited
WONDERFUL.

You MUSt keep these somewhere and give them to ANYONE who is willing to make a sweetfx like this ahaha

---------- Updated at 09:17 PM ----------

There is the boulotaur SweetFX which is DX11 and 64 bit compatible.

ReShade+Sweetfx is also DX11/64Bit

Looks great, precisely the type of colors i was looking for, could you apply it to a couple of other Screenshots in different Time of day and weather conditions aswell?

How do you know?

If you are right I am copying this for further reference haha

I would respectfully disagree. There's a yellowish tint to many of the videos I've seen despite the time of day, and the sunsets are awash with simplistic color schemes, so that the sky looks flat. It honestly is not that impressive and I've seen better in last gen, Go look up Red Dead and its weather effects and tell me Witcher 3 looks better,

Well its possible, I haven't paid much attention to all footage, just mainly speaking about those screens.

another one...

wow thats terrible, the "corrected" version is a total disaster. Looks like what a 3 year old would paint for a sky, no offense of course, just a matter of style, but its painfully unfitting with the environment.

wow thats terrible, the "corrected" version is a total disaster. Looks like what a 3 year old would paint for a sky, no offense of course, just a matter of style, but its painfully unfitting with the environment.

well it's not the best use of photoshop i've ever seen but he was trying to match the sky with the 35 min gameplay demo that in my opinion looks better

Well its possible, I haven't paid much attention to all footage, just mainly speaking about those screens.

Yea. I made it hardcore over the top to match the old trailer. The sweet spor would be somwhere in the middle of the actual one and the earlier one.
I like the blue sky in the earlier footage it makes it so beautiful.

Last edited:

I really can't say i agree with you at all, i think the "puke" sky looks overcast, and it is way to bright there to be overcast. While the corrected one has both a more beautiful colour and a more natural amount of clouds for that amount of light.

Overcast is behind and top of the city, but sun is behind character and sky is probably clear there.

original

Edited
Woop woop, bless you for bringing back that rich, dark wood that I very much loved in the 35 minute demo.
I was planning on doing this as soon as I got my hands on the game, but it is so refreshing to see it before hand.

Top Bottom