What Cybernetics do you want to see in the game?

+
id love to see cybernetics that do the same thing but are from different manufacturers and look different.

for example youd have digitrade legs that increase speed but also youd have a more expensive option with legs that look more human like. or just 4 or 5 types of arm blades that just look different for stylistic purposes but are otherwise the same

yeah that would be awesome :)

id love to see cybernetics that do the same thing but are from different manufacturers and look different.

for example youd have digitrade legs that increase speed but also youd have a more expensive option with legs that look more human like. or just 4 or 5 types of arm blades that just look different for stylistic purposes but are otherwise the same

Thats why I suggested that visible cyber, like limbs and what not, should be cosmetic, with several different choices, but no mechanical effect. you buy the mechanical effect separately.... that way you never have to choose between the cool looking arm you really want, and the doofy looking arm that gives you the gadget or bonuses...

Obviously if you get something wonky, like a buzzsaw hand or something, then thats going to have a standard look, because it would be ridiculous to ask them to make a seperate option and animation for each limb style... but the limbs and options, like grapple fist or whatever, should not be oversized or silly looking, instead they should be sleek and look like a fricking arm. Not force you to look like bionic man or some other cartoony bullshit with boxing glove sized fists to represent harder punches or whatever...

"Sleek" and "cool" cyberware with no drawbacks apperance-wise being the only options sounds extremely safe, lame and boring to me personally. Sorry. I just feel like it's been done to death by now. It's also not at all what almost every single Cyberpunk 2020 book has conveyed with illustrations. Cyberware has a humanity cost for a reason.

I for one want Cyberpunk 2077, not Uncanny Valley 2077. Just my 2 euro cents. :cool:

"Sleek" and "cool" cyberware with no drawbacks apperance-wise being the only options sounds extremely safe, lame and boring to me personally. Sorry. I just feel like it's been done to death by now. It's also not at all what almost every single Cyberpunk 2020 book has conveyed with illustrations. Cyberware has a humanity cost for a reason.

I for one want Cyberpunk 2077, not Uncanny Valley 2077. Just my 2 euro cents. :cool:

We must have different definitions of sleek and cool, as I was specifically talking about the vast majority of cyberlimbs seen in the pen and paper game as being examples of sleek and cool. The arms look like arms, and are not significantly larger than their meat counterparts... which is why most can be real skinned.

The grapple fist cyberlimb illustration still looks like a normal sized and shaped hand and arm, the tazer hand looks like a normal sized hand it just has electro mesh on the inside of the fingers and palm.

This is why I said the appearance of the basic limbs should be cosmetic in variance. because there is very little difference from one limb to the next other than appearance.

And most options have very little effect on the appearance of the limb.

But hey, if you want Chrome 3 and 4 style ridiculously oversized limbs like Bionic Commando, then that can be a cosmetic choice as well. One that will prevent you from every being stylish, because you can;t get clothes that fit you, but hey, that's your choice. If you want to live in a wifebeater the rest of your life, go for it.

I'm not in favour of total freedom in limb ior ware choice, either. There should be drawbacks for certain gross modification. Like you have this huge Russkie Hydraulic-ram equipped piston on your arm.

Those are the rare exception, though. Since Cyber is fashionable in 2020, 90% of it looks sleek and snazzy. And most of it can be disguised as human, of course, with believeability depending on how much you wanna spend, chombatta.

I'm not in favour of total freedom in limb ior ware choice, either. There should be drawbacks for certain gross modification. Like you have this huge Russkie Hydraulic-ram equipped piston on your arm.

Those are the rare exception, though. Since Cyber is fashionable in 2020, 90% of it looks sleek and snazzy. And most of it can be disguised as human, of course, with believeability depending on how much you wanna spend, chombatta.

Thats kinda what I was getting at...

Yeah, but you were suggesting picking a cosmetic and mechanical effect separately. I'd rather see a base model of limb with cosmetic options, sure, but some limb base models vary widely and have commensurate obiousnessesesess.s.

Yeah, but you were suggesting picking a cosmetic and mechanical effect separately. I'd rather see a base model of limb with cosmetic options, sure, but some limb base models vary widely and have commensurate obiousnessesesess.s.

Not really.... the base models are all pretty much the same... but as seen in the art have a wide variety of appearances.

And programming in seperate mechincal bonuses for each limb means more resources used unnecessarily, and you get stuck with the problem of havig to choose between the cyberarm you think looks the best for your character concept, and the one that offers whatever are the best stats... It doesn't really fit in with the books either...

Yes their are a few outlier limbs, that have varying options, one could give you better sp/sdp, but at the cost of options, or getting paired limbs might offer a performance boost... but those are options...

Some options might change the outward appearance, pop up weapons obviously woudl have to have their own design that would change the way your arm looks... hydraulic rams and strengthened myomar... but those are all options.

Unless you really want to get nitty gritty and start talking about crappy obsolete skeletal arms, or super high end orbital crystal arms... and even then the differences are minimal...

But yeah, if you want oversized russian arms, or the crap from Chrome 3 and 4, then yeah, sure... have it limit your clothing options, have it cost an increased amount of HL, whatever...

But my point remains, the base cyberlimb models should come in a variety of flavors, but the differences should be purely cosmetic.

I'd expect to see a "Cyberarm" option and then mods. Some mods would change how the arm looked and performed dramatically: rams, for example. Others, cosmetically, realskinn or chrome. "Spyke!" furniture would be another.

Then you might have Russian tech arms, which look different right from the get go, and Orbital Crystal arms, which are waaaaay too expensive for -you- street-scum.

So at least three base models, with different stats and then both cosmetic options and tactical ones.

Is that something like what you were thinking?

I'd expect to see a "Cyberarm" option and then mods. Some mods would change how the arm looked and performed dramatically: rams, for example. Others, cosmetically, realskinn or chrome. "Spyke!" furniture would be another.

Then you might have Russian tech arms, which look different right from the get go, and Orbital Crystal arms, which are waaaaay too expensive for -you- street-scum.

So at least three base models, with different stats and then both cosmetic options and tactical ones.

Is that something like what you were thinking?

Pretty much dead on pal.

I took "looks like an arm" to mean it would obviously have flesh on it as well. My bad. I do think, though, that RealSkinn shouldn't be the option the majority goes for when getting cyberlimbs. As far as the awe-factor, or cool-factor goes, crystal > chrome > metal and electronics > plastic > skin.

Also, pretty much any of the aforementioned options should often have shit like some light glowing through, some wires being visible. Also, judging by the illustrations in the core book alone, RealSkinn for example doesn't always cover the entire arm, but perhaps only the top side. Same with other "plating". You can see the hydraulics and wiring beneath quite often, especially in the joints. Then of course there's the noise the servos and hydraulics make.

If you've got options like the hydraulic ram, plastic covering, armor, thickened myomar and so on, or if your hands/feet have any attachments or weapons that don't look simply like hands, then all of it should be quite visible, and exactly what you'd think it would look like. Not the silly scifi where you can hide a house in a matchbox.

Depending on the situation of course, but having something look 100% human is so boring and pointless in a Cyberpunk world. Unless of course it's 1984 and you're trying to kill John Connor, but then we're not really talking about Cyberpunk anyway.

How plebeian your tastes are!

It is well understood my dearest MacLeod, that when partaking in all things cyberpunk, the drama of seeing an arm or limb that, nary a moment ago appeared to the most astute eye to be of flesh and blood, springing to new life to reveal its electric-mechanical workings when the time calls, is by far the most wondrous and sublime.

Oft have I reveled in this image and the delight it brings- I hence surmise that it will a a good many days before my fascination dulls.

Attachments

• image236.gif
    image236.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image247.gif
    image247.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image259.jpg
    image259.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image280.gif
    image280.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image284.gif
    image284.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 33
Gemini Full Conversion: View attachment 642

Pretty serious, and a chance of remaining human. Vulnerability: you are, except for your brain and nervous system, fully a machine. If that doesn't make you uneasy, you should play 2020 more.

Dragoon Military FBC: View attachment 643

Very serious, you are on a drug cocktail and VR to stay sane-ish and you can mount gatling guns/missile launcher/whatever instead of ( many) arms. You are faster than nearly anything, much, much lighter than powered armour and fearless. Oh, and you can blur into the background with built-in stealth camo.

And I find all the above inferior to this: View attachment 644

But I'm not saying why.

Attachments

• image400.jpg
    image400.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 92
  • dragoon_full___borg_by_tennozeorymer-d5g358f.jpg
    dragoon_full___borg_by_tennozeorymer-d5g358f.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 120
  • cyborg2sm.jpg
    cyborg2sm.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 45
I want a gold-plated, jewel encrusted cyber hand, made by Pimp Hand Industries™.

Keep the Pimp Hand™ strong!

Top Bottom