What Cyberpunk 2077 "2013 version" might have look like in UE4/5

+
It's so easy that after 8 months there is no correct mod for the third person. That's really strange for something "easy" :(

Seriously?

There is currently no proper third party animation tool for CP2077. The fact that a TPP mod even exists for it this early on is impressive in it's own right. Such is the nature of "WIP" mods. Ever play a more 'ahem'..... "adult" version of Skyrim or Fallout 4? Those mods were a couple of YEARS in the making because of the time it took to crack the Havok animation systems for those games and make tools for modifying them. If modders are moving this quickly with this game, where do you think we might be 2 years from now?

One thing is for sure..... we ARE going to find out :ROFLMAO:

To quote myself elsewhere:

CDPR choose the first-person point of view for a few reasons. First, in the thick of action gameplay, it allows players to see things happening up close as the character, so that V can really interact with things in a visceral manner. Also, there were narrative-based considerations to make. The FPP camera helps to place the player into the interactive dialogue, the story and the environments that CDPR are creating. To really experience that verticality of Night City, you need a first-person perspective. Finally, the HUD is incorporated into the FPP so that V is seeing everything the player sees.

I definitely appreciate the work here, but I do think the narrative considerations of moving the game to TPP are pretty serious. How does one create the same sense of foreboding in all the segments portraying V's cyberware malfunctioning within her head? I don't think animating her holding her head and hearing the dialogue would have the same effect as seeing the camera move since it hurts so bad, and the static on the screen. Also dialogue would be less visually interesting back over the shoulder ... meaning you'd either be forced to switch into FPP for conversations or do cutscenes, which they explicitly said they didn't want to do since they wanted it to be a seamless experience in world. A lot of the other stuff can be worked around and is comes down to taste, but some of the narrative, HUD and mechanical aspects are baked into FPP. I don't really expect full set of modding tools to get released, probably something more limited like in TW3, if anything.

Also, be careful not to advertise kickstarters and such, because it's explicitly prohibited in the Forum Regulations to "place any commercial offers or advertisements in forum posts."

I definitely appreciate the work here, but I do think the narrative considerations of moving the game to TPP are pretty serious. How does one create the same sense of foreboding in all the segments portraying V's cyberware malfunctioning within her head? I don't think animating her holding her head and hearing the dialogue would have the same effect as seeing the camera move since it hurts so bad, and the static on the screen. Also dialogue would be less visually interesting back over the shoulder ... meaning you'd either be forced to switch into FPP for conversations or do cutscenes, which they explicitly said they didn't want to do since they wanted it to be a seamless experience in world. A lot of the other stuff can be worked around and is comes down to taste, but some of the narrative, HUD and mechanical aspects are baked into FPP. I don't really expect full set of modding tools to get released, probably something more limited like in TW3, if anything.

Also, be careful not to advertise kickstarters and such, because it's explicitly prohibited in the Forum Regulations to "place any commercial offers or advertisements in forum posts."

In actual gameplay (combat, cutscenes, npc conversation, etc.) I definitely prefer the FPP for exactly the reasons you listed. Because it leans into the perspective of being "part of the action". Having said that, I just want to make clear that I in no way expect a complete overhaul of the perspective system to include an "in-depth" or "all around" TPP system.

But given the existence of TPP while driving/riding in the game, it only stands to reason that the current TPP system "could" be moderately expanded to add walk/run/sprint animations to the 3D TPP model that's already there for moments when the player is moving around on foot.

I still think FPP was the right way to go, but they should've implemented TPP cut scenes - Deus Ex style.

Top Bottom