What did you expect from Cyberpunk 2077 and you didn't get?

+
Look, I'm not here to argue. Some people love the game, some of them hate it, some just don't like certain things. Perhaps it wouldn't be a stupid idea that perhaps we can all list what we expected from Cyberpunk? What did you hope to see or experience and wasn't there? I'm talking about the world, characters, and story really, not interested in dwelling on bugs and AIs (unless it's ALT) since it's a different department. Besides, it was listed by many ad nauseam. What were your expectations when you clicked play the first time?

Perhaps okay shooter with some roleplaying elements and cyberpunk visuals for flavor.

EDIT: I got a way better game than expected and I'm very glad about that. A game an adult can play and enjoy.

Let's see...
- A gameplay similar to WatchDogs 1 ( car-chase, hacking, some mini-game )
- A better story than TW3 ( Maybe It was a bad translation in french but I tough the story slightly shorter than TW3 but not that short...)
- A interactive world...
- At least a true "good" ending...

(But at least this failure made me slightly appreciate the end of ME3 and suddenly I pre-order MEE legendary with RE8 ...)

An RPG as a merc in Night City.

Any side content, or any attempt at just feeling like you're a merc climbing the ladder, is ruined by the inescapable shadow of your protagonists inevitable, time-based death. I'd love to be someone who's looking forward to DLCs that make NC more immersive, but I can't want that until you can play V who isn't doomed.

for me it's a tossup between an epic cyberpunk rpg experience or solid writing/storytelling... i've found myself equally disappointed in both.

---edit) it's hard to tell, but if i had at least one of those i might be completely content. though then again if i had only one of those desires fulfilled it might just leave me craving the other?

Guest 3847602

My pre-launch expectations were mostly met, even exceed when it comes to writing.
About what I expected, but didn't get:
- more branching dialogue and quests having more outcomes
- significantly more of those quests that you could find only by exploring the world (not by being harassed by fixers or just appearing on the map without any explanation)

- significantly more of those quests that you can find only by exploring the world (not by being harassed by fixers or just appearing on the map without any explanation)

there's only really one of those that i can think of, two or 3 if you include any of those car things.
that crashed flying container ship lost out in the badlands

I expected pretty much what I got aside the lack of polish.
But honestly, I'm not worried. CDPR still is nowhere close to EA or Ubisoft
despite what some might say. I also expected a cop system and car chases.
But the Witcher was slightly broken before they patched too.

Until they have MTX's forced in MP they're nowhere near.

There's also Bullets (with Cyberpsycho girl from 2013 teaser trailer) and Highwayman, but yes, they're extremely rare.

bullets, is that the one about the partially fried netrunner below the overpass with those turrets? i didn't really consider that one an exploration mission as, iirc i usually find that one on my way to finish another quest, but i guess terminology doesn't really matter though?

Guest 3847602

bullets, is that the one about the partially fried netrunner below the overpass with those turrets? i didn't really consider that one an exploration mission as, iirc i usually find that one on my way to finish another quest, but i guess terminology doesn't really matter though?
Ninja'd, but to add one thing - that quest doesn't appear on the map by default, you'll need to visit this clothing store first and buy something, wait some time and it will show up on the map.

Sken

Forum veteran
I liked the game for what it was, but I expected:

• A lot more meaty and dark cyberpunk sidequests due to the shorter main story
  • I expected Lifepaths to be integral throughout the game and unique
  • I expected Militech and Trauma Team to be important, dangerous and in your face
  • I expected gangs to be integral to the game, and dangerous within their zones
  • I expected net running to be important
  • I expected cybernetics, cyberphycosis to be more meaningful and impactful
  • I expected Night city to be dangerous with corrupt police
  • I expected fixers to be more than a phone call, face to face, build trust overtime to obtain higher paid jobs (e.g. initial meeting with Dex)
  • I expected upgrades at ripperdoc clinics similar to initial meeting with VIC
  • I expected animations for interactions with vendors, stores etc
  • I expected better fashion, and visual upgrades as you upgrade and modify your character
  • I expected a few more quests which had multiple choices and consequences. Always expected main story to be linear
  • I expected more floors to be accessible in a mega-building
  • I expected Badlands to be dangerous and entering or leaving Night City more difficult
  • I expected varied weather conditions
It really is a shame that it ended up being a cut down version of their original vision. Hopefully the focus on Silverhand is not a part of the expansions, and the expansions are meaty, and the focus is on being a mercenary in a corrupt and dangerous Night City.

Top Bottom