What did you expect from Cyberpunk 2077 and you didn't get?

+
I expected a film noir like story about a merc called V in Night City with some mystery about a main figure of the Cyberpunk universe, Johnny Silverhand.

What I got was a vehicle for Keeanu Reaves.

I also expected a quite customizable character, but was already disappointed in the character creation when I could not establish a cachectic netrunner nor a meaty solo. Imagine my disappointement, that I could not change anything on my character throughout the game.

Oh, and I was surprised that a prime gaming company shells out a product, which is so lacking in AI and physics (Police, NPC, vehicle pathfinding, factions, ragdolls, water, explosions,...) that even games of more than a decade ago outdo this product.

Also I found the promised open world experience somehow lacking. Nicely painted, but totally lifeless and more of a Potemkin village than a stage for an immersive computer game.

* Story somewhat shorter than Witcher 3, compensated with more branching based on your decisions for increased replayability. Instead it is a LOT shorter, and branching ... yeah lol.
* More hard choices between different morally questionable options, various grey-on-grey conflicts.
* More variance in your relationship with Kean ... Johnny based on your choices, where he can vary from best buddy to literally wanting you dead.
* Lifepaths having bigger impact.
* More interaction with various different factions (gangs, corps).
* As for the main storyline itself, I didn't really know what to expect from "city of dreams ... and I am a big dreamer" vs "we have a city to burn", but I sure didn't expect it to end up as "gotta find medical treatment asap". Especially not concluding it with, "ok, now you need to find some MORE medical treatment".
* "Coming: when it's ready"

R66ee4f42c86da2ad7a0c47afa0ece5fc.jpg

The game massively over promised by pulling every pr and psycho trick in the book.
It's my fault I fell for it. At least I did not buy the Xbox one x cyberpunk edition... A console that was not able to run the game it was shipped with...

I expected a deep story, with a satisfying conclusion. Failed
I expected to not find plotholes and retcons the size of a destroyer. Failed
I expected to phase out layers of my clothing to not run around like a clown. Failed
I expected branching story lines and player agency being rewarded. Failed
I expected that the studio learned from the mild ludonarrative dissonance from tw3. Failed
I expected gameplay mechanics to work on release. Failed
I expected a finished product. Failed

FkzAz

Forum regular
I could survive the Bugs, the horrible look\feel of the game in PS5 (the streets are empty), but the one thing I can't forgive or that I miss the most is...

The game does not have Story Branching...It's a linear game.

For me, this is the biggest lie of them all, because it's the concept of everything that was supposed to make this game, different.

I'm not gonna list everything I expected. Based from their interviews and videos. But here:

- A Character Creator that at least matches the features of Saints Row.
- The way the LP choice dialog is fine. HOWEVER, this is a GAME. I expected game mechanics exclusive to each LP.
- Romances provide a GAME MECHANIC. IE: Call for assistance.
- There's Gangs. I expected to have stories with them. And choices to who I want to join. Getting rid of the rest. They should of had been a Fixer option.
- This is Cyberpunk. I expected every body modification seen in game. Usable by the main character.
- LP's affect the intro. I expected the LP's to affect the endings. Not be ignored.
- If a choice is given in a mission. (ALA kill/not kill Sasquatch/Placid) I expected outcomes for both choices.
- A final ending. You die, you win. Not undecided. <--- Fuck this crap. Focus on making a single entry. If it becomes a franchise. Than start sequel baiting.

Last edited:
Skirting dissociative identity disorder with Cyberpsychosis via Empathy score. Proper 'borg cybernetic upgrades, not just implants. And character Statistics behaving like their tabletop namesakes, not as fucking perk categories.

Not another looter shooter.

I really didn't know what I was to expect so my expectations were pretty much open to anything. Although I do wish that character customizations was more customizable during creation and also available during gameplay.

Tattoos are whole body and not by sections of the body. If I just wanted a right and left sleeve tattoo or only a right sleeve and the rest of my body clean I couldn't do that. It was either all or nothing. The sections that should be separated would be face, neck, each individual arm, each upper leg, each calf, each hands, each breast.

I wanted more choices of tattoos for face and body as there were just a few and that's it. The issue I'm seeing is that from a lack of more face tattoos they don't fit the hairstyle, ie., the hair could cover up the tattoo and then your left with even fewer choices. I mean what if I liked a certain face or neck tattoo but then the hairstyle I chose/liked covered it up and the other tattoos I really didn't like that much so I was forced to choose one I didn't like as much.

What I'd really like is to be able to pick and choose each individual tattoo and select where on the body to place it, that would be awesome. This has been done with car customizations in racing games so why not here?

Facial makeup, eye makeup, lip makeup, hairstyle, hair color, nail color should all be able to be changed during gameplay and it's not.

Also since genitalia is an option during customization why is it not utilized during gameplay?

Also eyeball design should be able to be changed as well during gameplay.

These are just some of my pet peeves.

Some things you can actually do in the world. Like going to eat something, visting the cinema, using a flying car. Playing soccer, basketball or anything. Inviting Panam or Judy to some activity. More dialouge and dialogue options that really mean something. More quest like in the beginning with the Stout militech agent....

Using the metro......

NPCs that are not fake, just stand there doing nothing believeable.....is 2021 really bad.

Better KI, they can't even drive past my standing car in middle of the road....seriously?

More accessible buildings. You lied btw in one interview with a developer who was asking, how many buldings are accessible....

More hookers, just one female hooker for the entire city? Are you serious?

Finish the mega buildings, all of them! Why can't I even go to the roof or bottom?

Braindances!!!!!!

Sry for my bad english. But I think you get my point.

Last edited:
Some things you can actually do in the world. Like going to eat something, visting the cinema, using a flying car. Playing soccer, basketball or anything. Inviting Panam or Judy to some activity. More dialouge and dialogue options that really mean something. More quest like in the beginning with the stroud militech agent....

Using the metro......

NPCs that are not fake, just stand there doing nothing believeable.....is 2021 really bad.
Better KI, they can't even drive past my standing car in middle of the road....seriously?

More accessible buildings. You lied btw in one interview with a developer who was asking, how many buldings are accessible....

More hookers, just one female hooker for the entire city? Are you serious?
Having possibility of spending together time with these characters would be great. I would love to hang out with Judy in Night City. Such a shame that it is pretty much dead and you can't really do anything outside of questing there.

Top Bottom