Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Blood and broken bones!

Votes: 69 49.6%
  • Death march!

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Mix!

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
death march, but the bit at the beging where you get like 5 ghouls was annoyinig because everytime i died i had to watch the dialouge again

I started the game on "Blood and broken bones" and I have to say it's perfect for me. In this mode you don't auto regen your life back, so you are forced to actually use the items in the game. The AI is smart and your foes will often dodge out of the way when you attack and even try to swarm and flank you. You have to go into the harder fights prepared like in the former games.

I died quite a bit at first (especially to drowners >8p) but after getting used to the movement/combat I feel both comfortable in fights (but NEVER perfectly safe). I have killed some things many levels higher than me with patience (and multiple tries, lol) and yet have been slaughtered by something my level when not paying attention... it feels... perfect!

The most difficult level, then killed by ghouls again and again, makes me realize that the world don't need a hero, but I am not professional. Sad, have to listen to the begining dialogue many times.

I'm on the 2nd one. First tries, got my ass kicked lol. I'm getting used to the combat and I'm also fighting much better. When I get real good at it, I'll go hard!

Blood and Broken Bones

If you feel like you can't take out certain enemies, notice they might be 5+ levels higher than you.

Rather than going easier, you might find using Roach to be a temporary fix. The damage you can deal with a quick pass is amazing.

did they nerf roach, because I remember you used to be able to go into slow-mo with him when riding past people maybe they thought it was op?

Started on easiest. In the first room you start in I jumped onto the balcony railing then fell to my death. So much for easy. I'm thinking I may have set the record for W3's quickest death.

did they nerf roach, because I remember you used to be able to go into slow-mo with him when riding past people maybe they thought it was op?

EDIT: This is on Death March.

I'm not sure how useful he was before, nor do I know how to go slow-mo with him. The timing is difficult, but if I make a running pass, I get 3x the damage, and it's pretty hard to get hit, although Roach can get scared in large groups, and buck you to your (inevitable) doom.

Last edited:
Started on the easiest just to get used to it. Now at level 4 and on new map, I'm gearing it up to hard. I need to find a way to level up fast.

Blood & Broken bones. Imo it's a perfect setting for a seasoned witcher on first playthrough. :)

Death March for now. Will lower it if it becomes too insanely stupid. I beat the Witcher 2 on Dark on the 360. But it was very frustrating at times. Especially early on. I believe "insane" was only unlocked after completing it, correct? Maybe it was added later? Or did I lower it from there. I don't remember.

Death March.

From what I've heard the game gets easier as you stat up, a bit like witcher 2 and so it's got to be the harder difficulty for me.

So far not so bad:)

Black March! is good practice to learn how you should play with perma-death when it comes as part of a DLC.

There is much to learn and to master.
When to fight, and when to not fight.
Growing strong isn't easy peasy.

Top Bottom