Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Blood and broken bones!

Votes: 69 49.6%
  • Death march!

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Mix!

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
i'm playing on the 2nd hardest one I think, no health from meditation. it's pretty annoying sometimes, packs of wolves and wild dogs really hurt lol. i'm gonna try and stick with it though!

Pro tip - the top two difficulties are so much more manageable if you get 1 agility point (level up or place of power) and look under general, there is an ability that recovers health in the daytime!

Playing on Death March, toughest fights so far for me were the large Wolf packs containing what 7 Wolfs and 1 Warg? Just hit Velen, haven't gotten into a fight there yet.
My biggest enemy so far has been myself when getting overconfident and getting killed while going all out on an enemy.
Best advice for the higher difficulties I can give is go at it slow, take your time, study your enemies movements and DON'T get greedy and loose focus, even when it's only 1 mob left out of a pack.

This!

And I love the fact, that sometimes I had to retreat from a fight, because the enemies are too tough. It makes you feel that you are vulnerable, and not a terminator from the future.

I always try to use the environment against my enemies. Damn, you can even use your enemies against your enemies lol
Like when you find a "pack of humans, and there is one of them with a bow. I always try to make the other guys go between me and the bow guy, so he can kill them for me :D I don't know if I gain the exp for that, but it's pretty fun though :p

I have one advice to people playing on Death March!
Use your horse, sometimes running back and forward, throwing your sword.. it's really good.

Also whistling for your horse will running, just whisle'run'whistle'run and get on that horse and escape!

Pro tip - the top two difficulties are so much more manageable if you get 1 agility point (level up or place of power) and look under general, there is an ability that recovers health in the daytime!

yes i got that haha!
I'm very slowly getting the hang of it but man those fast moving animals are hard, they are just so quick and surround you and hit you from all sides it's crazy.

Death March! Died several times in the first battle, was struggling with the controls a bit. Skipping the dialog to get to the fight again was really annoying. Now I'm managing a little better, but I'm still dying every time I think "Now I got this". lol

Went with the second hardest but will for sure crank it up when I am more comfortable with the controls and have a better understanding of everything.

Right now I so love the feeling of being vulnerable if I don't play clever and carefully. It just gives so much to the immersion factor for me that I actually feel squishy and I am therefore "nervous" about walking around in the wild and have to look behind my back to ensure I for example don't get flanked by a pack of wolfs. Happened a few times and before I could say oh S... I was already dead. I really love that and hope it continues throughout the game but since there's no level scaling of any kind that's not likely.

Since I like to fight more than quest and I feel the fighting combat system in this game is hypercritical, I almost tempted to go down a few difficulty levels because I feel like I have to save the game multiple times before, during and after every fight and that's getting tedious.

U guys forgot one thing if u play on easy medium hard or insane if u switch to a different difficulty mode u wil lose your archievement, so becarefull with that.

Started on easiest. In the first room you start in I jumped onto the balcony railing then fell to my death. So much for easy. I'm thinking I may have set the record for W3's quickest death.

:D And there I was so proud of my falling to death from the wall when I followed Ciri LOL. I started on Easiest Mode as well so I can fully enjoy the gorgeous environment without having to reload constantly ;). Since I plan to spend a lot of time with this game, I'm going to raise the difficulty with every playthrough.

Top Bottom