• Blood and broken bones!

Votes: 69 49.6%
  • Death march!

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Mix!

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
what difficulty is everyone playing on?

I tried deathmarch at first then I got to the first real fight and lost like 6 times, I then went to the second hardest beat that fight easily then played for a while. towards the end of the first zone I went back up to deathmarch and now since I got my feet wet the difficulty feels pretty good for me. I beat the boss of the first area on deathmarch on my third try.

I hear the game gets easier later on due to the level disparity, but I also hear you get less exp on deathmarch do you guys think this will eleviate this problem and even later on the game will still be challenging?

---------- Updated at 12:25 PM ----------

I wonder if on deathmarch I can do all the sidequest and hidden stuff without breaking the mainquest by leveling past it.

I play on second hardest, but im leveling so slowly i thnik im doing something wrong.. finished quests firestarter,devilbywell,lostbrother, kileld tons of monsters/humans.. picked up 2 treasure hunts.. i just picked up the griffin quest BUT IM still level 1.... wierd

I am also on death march and it is perfect for me. I also had problems at that first fight same as you but glad i stuck with it. Every encounter feels dangerous but not insurmountable, its just perfect, pretty much like the rest of the game so far. I just finished the second boss (wont spoil anything don't worry) and it was easier than the griffin but that's probably down to the fact that i am now very used to the fighting style. I would stick with death march if I were you it will also make the game last longer, this game is so good i almost don't want to play it because it means that i will be that much closer to finishing it and i never want it to end!

Death March. (hardest)

I died 3 or 4 times on the first fight, but I stick with it.
I'm lvl 3, right now, after the griffin.

I'm on hard, as I intended. I'm very satisfied with it. Died once in the first fight. Quite the warm welcome. The hardest things for me were getting used to the limits of the parries (I think I'm understanding them, now) and the freaking quick menu.

I'm playing on Hard but I'm getting my ass kicked (I had trouble defeating Drowners that you pass by in the beginning of the game!) - I guessI'm still getting used to the K&M controls.

I'm also playing on "Blood and Broken Bones" (Hard Difficulty)... and I'm dying a lot. However, the same happened in my first playthrough in The Witcher 2. So I guess I'm good to go. :D

"Blood and Broken Bones" and it is hard. You really have to time the sidesteps and attacks. The fights are extremly skill dependend. You can just breeze through a fight. But when you do it again and you play not as good as before you get crushed in seconds. But it is doable so far. Although I died quite allot ^^

Guest 3790055

Do you get as much xp on hard difficulty (blood and broken bones) as on normal?
Because fights on normal are not enough challenging but I don't want to level up slowly.

Thanks!

At the moment im playing on hard. If i switch now midgame to the hardest, will i still get the achievement for completeing the game on hardest mode ? Or does it have to be since the start

2nd hardest difficulty and getting my arse handed to me. In TW2, Dark Mode wasn't overly difficult for me. This is much much harder. Not sure if it's just not being used to the new system or what.

I am doing well so far on the 2nd hardest difficulty. At the beginning of the game killed a minor boss in one try, 2 levels above me, though almost choked by honey. I am still kind of nervous about the griffen fight. It's said recommended level is 3 but I am still at the very early stage of 2.

Death March

If you feel like you can't take out certain enemies, notice they might be 5+ levels higher than you.

Rather than going easier, you might find using Roach to be a temporary fix. The damage you can deal with a quick pass is amazing.

Last edited:
Blood and Broken bones. Very nice. Got a nice difficult, but very manageable. Almost got killed some times, but got the pace preety fast. The wolves are the worst though

Top Bottom