What disappointed you about this game?

+
There wasn't enough time with Yen in the game.

What? I felt the opposite. It seemed to me near the end of the game it was just forcing me to spend time with Yennefer and I was sick of it. I had no choice but to go here and there with her even when I turned her down.

Other than the whole "Romance Debacle", there was only a few disappointing things about the game. One is I'm not too fond of most of the armor designs. I felt the Witcher 2 was better in that regard. Another thing is the lack of high level monsters and quests when you finish the game. When you're level 35-36 there are no enemies that can really give you a nice challenge. I was also hoping for some more variety in monsters; something like a Slyzard or a Manticore would be great.
Still one of the best games I have ever played and I think it will only get better from here on out.

Last edited:
I also agree that there isn't a balance when it comes to romance options. I was going to say the lack of Triss content was kind of disappointing especially if you romance her, but i can understand others feeling like they throw the Triss romance at the player before they see more of Yen. Also i though certain characters like Iorveth and Saskia would at least get some mention or a side quest, but unfortunately carrying choices from the Witcher 2 was lacking.

Also these topics are good to have because it is constructive criticism and a way for players to say what they felt the game should of (or could of) had.

I am disappointed that my two favorite character from W2 in both lorveth and Saskia is not in this game.

Exactly, these can be constructive criticism and since this is on the official board, the devs may glance and read over these depending how long this thread gets.

I don't understand what they did with the inventory system. There was nothing wrong with TW2's system. I don't want to have to memorize items based on what they look like, considering there are dozens of different plants and the bombs all look the same.

Getting quests that are greyed out and red at the same exact time also annoys me. The whole XP system is nonsensical.

No levelscaling, thats the only i can think about ................. :hmm: Still enjoying the game though.:cheers:

I think the most disappointing thing about games are GAMERS. Games would be so much better if there were no gamers, but then we'd have no games, so we have to put up with Unreasonable expectation syndrome from gamers. Gamers are without a doubt the worse customers of any product. They think any conversation with the development team pre release is a contractual guarantee of what is in the game instead of a snap shot of where development is at this very moment with no guarantee that anything seen will be in the final product. Even when they are told this they still feel lied to when the finished product isn't exactly like what they saw during development. You don't see car enthusiasts converging on car companies with torches and pitchforks when the factory model of a car isn't exactly like the prototype. You know why? because they are not immature and self entitled.

Is Witcher 3 flawed? Sure all games have them but it is worth the money I paid for it because I am enjoying my SUBJECTIVE experience. I can't speak for anyone else if they enjoyed the game. But so far the biggest disappointment I have experienced related to the game has been gamers.

That was not the point of this topic though. Your disappointed in gamers who want an even better experience? Who want to make the game all it can be? You know a lot of mods start out from such threads like these. These threads also give modders ideas to created mods that benefit everyone.

Only things that disappointed me are the really low the difficulty and the frankly lame leveling system. Progression ends way too soon and doesn't feel satisfying at all. The monster variety is also very disappointing. Most of them are just pallet swaps.

Last edited:
low detail texture in npc's in cities, very few elves/scoia'tael and dwarves, and the technical problems, settings/changes don't get saved

Spoilers follow, of course.

Putting the 970 crashes and numerous bugs aside, things that disappoint me are world inconsistencies.

Listening to the woman in the village keep talking about her husband going back to see the witch long after you've killed her.

Raising the buried botchling in its guardian form the people of the keep were supposed to all be shut indoors. Not only are there soldiers and others outside while you do this, not a single one of them took any notice about you following this ugly glowing spiritual creature through the keep.

People who have already met you and know who you are keep saying "You're a witcher aren't ye?" As you pass them by. This is ultimately strange when Jutta says it to you not long after you just got done bedding her. Also along these lines are people you just helped and then if bump them accidentally suddenly they yell at you about how you have no respect for their ways and customs.

I find it amazing that almost every single monster has advanced combat tactical training where they know how to dodge and fight just like I do. Even mindless animal can dodge with the best of them. Most of their combat tactics are all the same too.

Not being able to get rid of quests in my quest log. I really have no interest in any of the Gwent missions yet there they are, forever intermingled with all of the quest I am interested in doing.

Those are but a few, but the ones that bug me the most.

It is weird how this game seem to run better on AMD than Nvidia hardware even though it made for Nvidia hardware and especially the GTX 960, 970, and 980.

And agree with everything you said. They are not the biggest flaws of this game but they are still there nonetheless. The random NPC have very few lines, mostly spitting, puking, or erm, umm...line. That was disappointing.

What? Yen has a lot more lines than Triss. The entire forum is complaining that Yen gets a lot more content than Triss.

As for the sex it simply is not worth the trouble the developers could get in to.

Alright my list:

-forcing Yen on us at every opportunity and shafting Triss

-in general pandering to book fans in general and making TW3 a sequel to them instead of the games

- TW2 choices being retconned in the laziest way possibly

- Bioware-esque if not worse politics

- underwhelming main storyline (same old doing favours for people,very fetchy and not nearly as exiting as TW2 story

- Wild hunt were silly antagonists

Whats great:
-phenomenal open world (best in any game), full of detail
-great side quests
- awesome characters
- some great writing (Baron questline)

I think they did it (in bold) to drag out the story longer then it could have been but it sure wasn't exciting as Witcher 2 quest. Open world quest just can't be as good as linear quest I'm afraid.

Game is not even finished. 12 more DLC's and 2 expansions left to go.

Nothing disappointed me. The Developers raised the bar.

What? Yen has a lot more lines than Triss. The entire forum is complaining that Yen gets a lot more content than Triss.

As for the sex it simply is not worth the trouble the developers could get in to.

She's as invested as you are in Ciri, so it makes sense she'd be there for the main story more, but she's thrown in so late and There's nothing you can really do with her outside of the story missions, and there's no conversations or anything really.

I felt pretty lonely myself, even having romanced her.

Game is not even finished. 12 more DLC's and 2 expansions left to go.

Nothing disappointed me. The Developers raised the bar.

How do you feel about these things?

1. Roach not able to gallop at full speed?

2. There is literally no different between light, medium, and heavy armor, and all the stats are the exact same and they are all listed as medium armor. Not in terms of movement, abilities, techniques, etc....

3. Most monsters are re-texture, re-skin, and re-color and you spend most of your times fighting wolves, bandits, and drowners.

Just to give some example. They are not game-breaking but they are there.

51 hours in and this is a great game. I don't overreact like some people here to say this is the best game ever. There are so many genre of games you can't compare.

I know the developers work hard to make a game of this scale but there are some things that are a disappointment since no game is perfect.

With that said, what are some of the things that disappointed you about this game?

For me would be the combat mechanics - it's vastly an improvement over TW2, however, I would wish that Geralt can manually initiate combat mode by drawing his sword and sheathing it to exit combat mode. The way the auto combat mode makes the combat pretty awkward as there are times where Geralt sheaths his sword even when there are enemies nearby.

I disappoint I can not make sex with Priscilla. I wanted so bad to put my pig in her blanket she very beautiful and face and breast is agree with me. Very much.

I hope nude mod will come soon like Skyrim so i can see Priscilla as God made her, and I give to her most horrifying two minutes of her life.

Last edited:
She's as invested as you are in Ciri, so it makes sense she'd be there for the main story more, but she's thrown in so late and There's nothing you can really do with her outside of the story missions, and there's no conversations or anything really.

I felt pretty lonely myself, even having romanced her.

I guess I just don't agree with you (Triss appears in the middle and vanishes fairly quickly) but I'd like more scenes with Yen as well. (And more scenes with Triss)

Tuco

Forum veteran
Overall I think the game is outstanding, but if I have to list two things that disappointed me to some extent:

- the loot system didn't improve much from TW2 and, being the world far more massive, having in place a system that endorses compulsive looting putting things to pick up every few inches is pace-breaking.
- a quest design that sometimes relies a bit too much in trackers and markers (also known as "following the GPS"), rather than leave them as an option to the player with good, detailed dialogues and journal description about what you have to do and where you are supposed to go.
With a landscape so beautiful, detailed and diversified they could have made some effort to let the player manage questing just with visual landmarks and contextual indications (es. hints like "there's a hidden treasure under the mill on top of that hill" rather than a Journal barely saying "Find this treasure" followed by a yellow mark on the map pointing exactly where it is).

I had to skip most of this thread because it started feeling spoilerish with the Triss/Yen talk, but I have to say I hate threads like this. What disappointed us? This game is great, it is a great build on the previous two entries in the series. Where Witcher 2 was exponentially better than the first, so too is this game. There are a few things I wish were different, but why would we come here and complain? I just don't get the insistent whining and complaining on this game. If it was Dragon Age or Bioware--fine. I get it. That is a terrible company who continues to tank itself. That David Gaider guy? Total blowhard! But CDPR have been awesome to the fans, made a great game, and then the majority of threads have been non stop complaining. Do we create the Gaiders of the world? I mean, CDPR had the sincerity to not change things substantially lorewise game to game. Think of the Qunari for example. One game they're like big humans, the next they're horned demons. At least Zoltan stayed aesthetically similar throughout because there was a respect for the fans from the company.

I am not disappointed in this game. When did it come out? Last week? I've put in 40 hours on it. I've put in a full work week on it. My social life has suffered, I haven't seen the sunshine, and when I went to the park the other day, forcing myself to get out of here for some exercise, I went to the park map which is on a giant board and for a second thought I was searching for Witcher notices. This game is great.

It IS the greatest game ever. That isn't hyperbole. CDPR have been building to this for a long time, they've earned the right to hear it, and I hope one of devs browses through here and sees this. I'm going to go read my Witcher books because I'm afraid what will happen if I play any more of the game. I have to take a break. But I don't want to--it's a wonderful game, and I'm not disappointed. I'm disappointed other RPGs can't get it right like this one.

TW3 is way better than TW2, but it does still need more help before it's what it should be.
Maybe by patch v1.08 things will be peachy ;)

Top Bottom