What disappointed you about this game?

+
It is, if this remains Witcher three series of the last game. Because the game is WONDERFUL, some defects with the exception of.

So I have to play the game very slowly and sparingly, that it does not run out.

My two most major complaints.

*The complete lack of an alchemy system and the woefully pitiful, MMO like state of potions, bombs and oils.

The horrible enemy placement and level selection, when both previous games had expertly crafted curves and great enemy variety without sacrificing immersion.

My minor complaints:
All of the UI
The armor designs
The application of exploration music
The removal of content from the previous game - dice poker, traps etc.
The quest objective design - all of it is A to B and Witcher sense to win, where are the cool puzzles from TW2?
The itemization - naked hag monster has sword up it's ass for some reason, again smells of MMO
The skill tree - most of the skills are rather boring and same-y, little diversity
The trophies - visually most of them are just a sack, they don't have interesting stats
The automatic everything - potion re-filling should have been an option, sword drawing shouldn't be automatic
Horse teleportation - like WTF

if we keep talking about disappointment, we'll make the devs fell bad, they worked hard on this

Having actual complaints, instead of just spamming the forum with "game is shit" is a good thing though. Like I said in another thread, I might be one of the harshest people when it comes to criticizing the game, but I love it to bits and only want to see it and CDPR reach it's potential and I'm not even talking about graphics, who give a flying griffin fuck about graphics.

The Combat while very fun at times can become very clunky and cumbersome and there have been numerous times I've found myself fighting the game to get Geralt to do what I want him to do. This becomes most apparent when fighting larger groups of enemies, where Geralt will attack people I'm not trying to attack, when trying to get towards archers, Geralt will stop running and start slowly circling around whatever melee person is closest to him. If the enemy moves away not even that far (like 10+ meters) Geralt will leave combat stance even if the enemy is coming back in for an attack or pummling Geralt with arrows. Because the combat is also "Flashy" yet uses a more Dark Souls damage and enemy system it means I can be hit mid animation despite I started my attack before the enemy. I'm level 30 on Death March, but often find myself killed by level 5 drowners or bandits because I get stunlocked by drowners pouncing one after the other or arrows just fly into me and I can't do crap because the game won't let me move towards the archers because I'm around melee characters. Also the manual aiming is very "off" and the lock on is just flat out broken.

Also the UI and inventory system is literally the worst I've seen in a video game ever, you can't even sort items by name and quest items are often just thrown anywhere in the inventory aside from the quest tab (then I have to go through dozens of notes not in alphabetical order to find the note that should be in the quest tab that I should be able to easily pick out by name)

Last major thing I'm disappointed with is Gamebreaking bugs that still haven't been acknowledged by CDPR like the Eye for an Eye quest bug, despite being known about on day 1. I can't continue with the story because of that bug and it's been 4 patches now.

1st The alchemy:
It felt like a dumb down version of alchemy in Witcher 2. Witcher 2's alchemy is almost perfect except you need to drink some pots while mediating. The best part w/ Witcher 2 alchemy drinking pots have side effect like drinking rook increase my damage but lowers my defense to upside that side effects i need to drink another pots but have a side effects. Yes Witcher 3 punished me if i drink quite a lot of pots but it just poison me compared to Witcher's 2 mechanic.:look:I think the pros w/ Alchemy in Witcher 3 is not that so grindy compared to dragon age inquisition. Seriously if you played DAI you need to collect freaking 50 herbs just to upgrade a potion.

2nd Animation and Combat
I am not a Dark soul fanboy blabbering about that this game is too easy and some signs are op. Personally i found those Dark Soul fanboy roaming this thread quite annoying like they really want all action game to have Dark Soul combat.:sad:Back to topic, problem w/ combat is that animation is not fluid and quite limited. Like seriously doing some quest after the cut scene, I am surround with mobs and my room to maneuver is quite limited due Geralt is fighting near a backyard of some peasant w/ fence. Problem is that i cannot jump during combat. Also just going down stair, i just notice if your walking a long ass down stair Geralt would do some back flip and if i am sprinting down stair, he doesn't do this animation. Combat in underwater felt like underwhelming due crossbow are quite powerful under the sea.

Pros w/ animation of this game will be the facial animation. The attention of detail of facial animation is the best. Combat using different signs to defeat any mobs is just really good:victory:

Ai:
Problem w/ Ai have small perimeter of attack and its quite exploitable and also cause poor path finding in some certain areas and annoying due after the Ai past there perimeter my sword will just sheath automatically. Also Ai not responding w/ crossbow attack. Ai doesn't have different move set and lack of variation. Just look witch hunter those mobs have potential. If you gonna look at there equipment they look like they carry bombs and able to do some alchemy. Those guys have capabilities to hunt mages and magical creature but they have the same Ai as a bandit.

The biggest disappointment for me waa the inventory system. Its one of the most important parts pf any rpg and its just cluttered as hell in this game.

My mext disappointment isnt with the base game but the patches. My experience with the game has only gotten worse with the patches unfortunately.

1. Post ending situation, I'll keep it at that to avoid spoilers.

2. NO STASHING LOOTS. They made 5000 doors openable in novigrad but didn't bother to give us room for stashing loots. Kaer Morhen or Dandelion's Inn would be a good place.

3. Trophies should be kept permanently without adding up weight or hang them on the walls at Kaer Morhen.

4. Combat needs SERIOUS balancing. It went from fun to not fun real quick after outlevelled the enemies.

5. Give us more skill slots, damn even passives have to be put into the slots to be in effect, DA:I has 8 limit but passives are ...well...passives duh.

6. Inventory management lacks a lot of filter. Divinity Original Sin with better inventory management like various filters to sort items still sucks, imagine this with less filter, sometimes I want to know which item I pick the latest especially letters or books, but it's placed weirdly in the inventory.

7. New items such as important books with bestiary or unread letters should have more flashy indicators, how do we know if a book will contain new bestiary or treasure locations, the information is inside Geralt's head and Geralt should notice it when going through his inventory, the player should be notified clearly without clicking manually all those books/letters in inventory looking for the ones we missed. I don't know if merchants can have the same diagrams for sale or not, again the info is in Geralt's head, he should notice it and the game informs us the players. I just buy them all.

8. Point of interests on the map should ALWAYS be ON, doesn't matter if they're closed or Geralt is not nearby. They can't expect us to remember places we already visited like in real life even though it's a 3d world. No matter how realistic a world in a game is created it will always be bound by limited textures. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes just to find a barber for haircut/shave and end up googling it.

9. Jump down from not too high places hurts Geralt a lot. Even normal humans like Jackie Chan or parkour practitioners can jump from higher places, why can't Geralt ? He is a witcher with genetic mutations and superhuman strength.

10. Random crashes/freezes. What's the point of making the world without any loading time but random crashes/freezes happens all the time, sometimes it's frequent, sometimes it's less, sometimes not at all, but when it happens in the middle of something it's really annoying.

11. Why not put ALL usable stuffs in 'TAB' menu, but instead we have to equip them first. The same with oil and decoctions and other potions, they deserves their own tabs in inventory. I rarely use oils because I'm too lazy to go through inventory, should make them accessible quicker onscreen using something similar to 'TAB' button or put them in the same window.

12. etc....I will comeback when something pops out. ]:->

It's an absolutely amazing game in so many ways. The only thing i'm being vocally critical of is the poor treatment of Triss post Novigrad and the needless feeling of forced Yenitude.

1. Post ending situation, I'll keep it at that to avoid spoilers.

2. NO STASHING LOOTS. They made 5000 doors openable in novigrad but didn't bother to give us room for stashing loots. Kaer Morhen or Dandelion's Inn would be a good place.

3. Trophies should be kept permanently without adding up weight or hang them on the walls at Kaer Morhen.

4. Combat needs SERIOUS balancing. It went from fun to not fun real quick after outlevelled the enemies.

5. Give us more skill slots, damn even passives have to be put into the slots to be in effect, DA:I has 8 limit but passives are ...well...passives duh.

6. Inventory management lacks a lot of filter. Divinity Original Sin with better inventory management like various filters to sort items still sucks, imagine this with less filter, sometimes I want to know which item I pick the latest especially letters or books, but it's placed weirdly in the inventory.

7. New items such as important books with bestiary or unread letters should have more flashy indicators, how do we know if a book will contain new bestiary or treasure locations, the information is inside Geralt's head and Geralt should notice it when going through his inventory, the player should be notified clearly without clicking manually all those books/letters in inventory looking for the ones we missed. I don't know if merchants can have the same diagrams for sale or not, again the info is in Geralt's head, he should notice it and the game informs us the players. I just buy them all.

8. Point of interests on the map should ALWAYS be ON, doesn't matter if they're closed or Geralt is not nearby. They can't expect us to remember places we already visited like in real life even though it's a 3d world. No matter how realistic a world in a game is created it will always be bound by limited textures. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes just to find a barber for haircut/shave and end up googling it.

9. Jump down from not too high places hurts Geralt a lot. Even normal humans like Jackie Chan or parkour practitioners can jump from higher places, why can't Geralt ? He is a witcher with genetic mutations and superhuman strength.

10. Random crashes/freezes. What's the point of making the world without any loading time but random crashes/freezes happens all the time, sometimes it's frequent, sometimes it's less, sometimes not at all, but when it happens in the middle of something it's really annoying.

11. Why not put ALL usable stuffs in 'TAB' menu, but instead we have to equip them first. The same with oil and decoctions and other potions, they deserves their own tabs in inventory. I rarely use oils because I'm too lazy to go through inventory, should make them accessible quicker onscreen using something similar to 'TAB' button or put them in the same window.

12. etc....I will comeback when something pops out. ]:->

I feel that this is sadly the future of pc gaming, meaning a game will never truly be polish and finish until all the patches come out. Your suggestion are very good but a little bit too much hand holding for my taste but they all make sense. Change my mind, your SUGGESTION are awesome. I love the idea of having storage in Dandelion's Inn and Kaer Morhen if Geralt doesn't have his own place, which kind of does not make sense, would mean Geralt is HOMELESS?

Your Trophies idea is well kudos to you! You also bring up a lot of good point, I forgot that passive also need to be put into a skill slot. You know people complain a lot about Inquisition but they did a lot of things right such as better or next gen looking character face, passive that don't take up slot like you mention, abilities that are fun to use, best crafting in any game I have ever played, and the most varied environment of any rpg up to date, and probably a lot more as well.

Anyway back on topic. You can tell this was a console port since filter is the same thing that happen to Vanilla Skyrim. It got so much better after Sky UI. This game definitely need a Hunt UI. I agree with jumping down though it hasn't affect me yet since controller does one thing better than mouse and keyboard and that is in its precise movement and movement speed which can't be replicated with mouse and keyboard.

Also agree on your TAB idea. Right now the inventory is just a clutter mess and without the 9999 weight mod, I would have taken a break cause I am a hoarder in game.

Combat
Atmosphere\Graphics
Optimization
Animations
Leveling System
Not enough reactivity and dialogue options

1. the free roaming and the AI behaviour in the open world isnt.... what i hoped for. i barely see animals or bandits or monsters free roam the land. they spawn where they are meant to and stay there. i hoped to see groups of bandits walk from one place to another, interact with wild life (as in - fight monsters on their way to somewhere etc) and change locations.

2. the AI. the tethered issue. the fact that certain AIs will not leave their spawn point is a very very artificial expoiltable and ugly way to solve whatever problem there was that made CDPR to tie them down in the first place.

3. the none-scaling universe. though most ppl believe that this is better than a scaling world, the state in which TW3 is means it is impossible to balance the game. whether it's too easy or hard depends on how much side content you do and if you do plenty than you outlevel everything and levels mean a LOT, so a level 20 gerlant will always own numerous level 15 enemies. there is too much difference between the levels of the enemies.

4. no organic and random missions. there is a lot of weight into the amazing hand crafted sidequests, but i hoped for certain randomly generated quests that would keep me playing even when i dont want (or cant) do main quests. i mean quests that drop a group of monsters or humanoids somewhere random and there is a simple contract to eliminate them for a small amount of gold.

5. the lack of news about the REDkit. the REDkit is 10 times more important to me than the expansions.

overall i think the game is amazing, but these are the things that detract from it.

1 thing lack of enemy designs and what sea monsters well cause harpys and echidna dont count as sea monsters come on cd project

I feel that this is sadly the future of pc gaming, meaning a game will never truly be polish and finish until all the patches come out. Your suggestion are very good but a little bit too much hand holding for my taste but they all make sense. Change my mind, your SUGGESTION are awesome. I love the idea of having storage in Dandelion's Inn and Kaer Morhen if Geralt doesn't have his own place, which kind of does not make sense, would mean Geralt is HOMELESS?

Your Trophies idea is well kudos to you! You also bring up a lot of good point, I forgot that passive also need to be put into a skill slot. You know people complain a lot about Inquisition but they did a lot of things right such as better or next gen looking character face, passive that don't take up slot like you mention, abilities that are fun to use, best crafting in any game I have ever played, and the most varied environment of any rpg up to date, and probably a lot more as well.

Anyway back on topic. You can tell this was a console port since filter is the same thing that happen to Vanilla Skyrim. It got so much better after Sky UI. This game definitely need a Hunt UI. I agree with jumping down though it hasn't affect me yet since controller does one thing better than mouse and keyboard and that is in its precise movement and movement speed which can't be replicated with mouse and keyboard.

Also agree on your TAB idea. Right now the inventory is just a clutter mess and without the 9999 weight mod, I would have taken a break cause I am a hoarder in game.

Yeah, DA:I deserves praises of its own, but like you said a game will never truly be polished. We can make a list of pros and cons for every game out there, a long one each lol.

About controllers, PC can also use console controllers, will the analog stick for more precise movement works as well if used on PC ? PC controllers are sad really, keyboard and mouse for life without any significant improvements other than comforts since forever lol.

Most games suffer from inventory manipulation/management, DA:I, D:OS, Wasteland2, Witcher 2, Witcher 3. It's never done right. We can only expect them to listen to player feedbacks, like DA:I in the end they add stash, +1 for them, I hope CDPR will listen and I have high hope they will, looking at their reps. They really need to expand though. Bioware has like ~800 employees from wiki page, CDPR has like 230.

1 thing lack of enemy designs and what sea monsters well cause harpys and echidna dont count as sea monsters come on cd project

Imagine if we had real sea monsters...like lockness monsters, Megaladon, and other prehistoric sea creature that were giant and REAL millions of years ago. This game would be soooo EPIC. I'll probably be out at sea all the time.

That was not the point of this topic though. Your disappointed in gamers who want an even better experience? Who want to make the game all it can be? You know a lot of mods start out from such threads like these. These threads also give modders ideas to created mods that benefit everyone.

You asked me what I was most disappointed in with Witcher 3. I told you. I am most disappointed in the community and i provided elaboration as to why. If you don't want to hear the answer to a question don't ask. Yet another reason why gamers make the gaming experience poorer.

XP-gate. After learning you only get XP if you are within 6 level of a quest, it just take a beating the freedom of doing quests & exploration. More exploration, more side quests->more chance you outlevel main quests & may not even gain XP. Do too much main quests, you outlevel side quests & may not gain XP.

I am not leveling or XP freak, but getting exp doing quest is the hallmark of RPG. The game just 'force' you to do quests in certain order to be effective. Its not deal breaker, but it just take some fun & freedom out of the game. Main quests I caqn understand the need to do in order, but main quest come on.

Its counter intriutive design, they wanted you to explored, but then worry you outlevel main quests so they find ways to 'slow' you down by not giving you XP, & give very little XP for side quests.

Problem would have been solved/improved if they impremented a soft scaling like Dragon age Inquistiuon where there is a range for monster ( a bear could be level 8-12), giving you more flexiblity & not being too overlevel or underlevel to do certain quests or fight certain monster. Or they could have progressive higher expe required per level, & higher level quest/monsters give more experience. That way, they do not have to worry about player power level by doing level 7 side quests at level 19, & have to disable XP for the quest.

Very few women to sleep with.

I have played for so many hours and haven't met a single one, plus I have so many thigns to do still and I am still in Velen trying to do stuff.

There should be one in every other town, c'mon. It's the thing of Witcher games.

Top Bottom