What do Gwent Teams do?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
There are some age old Teams and new teams pop up every now and then. I don't understand what it means to be in a Team. I am not looking to join a team or something. I am no where near the level of time commitmment it may need to be a part of the team. Just wondering. I have a few questions and if someone knows the answer, please reply.

1) What do the teams do? I know they create Meta Snapshots. Anything else?
2) How does it incentivize players to join a particular team? Do pro players get paid to be part of a team?
3) How does a Team make money? Or do they even make money? Or it is just a group of friends discussing the game and helping each other in tournaments and creating meta snapshot?

I know that not everything is about money. I was wondering if it is just like a clan in some games where friends and like minded people play together and being friends and having fun or if it is like Astralis in CSGO where the company hires pros to play in their team and if the team wins the money it will go to the company and probably they pay the deserved lion's share to the players.

Well i am not 100% sure about my answers but as far as i know The teams were created by players and to be part of a team you need to be invite.

Also i dont think they make money, despite some publicity in their own site and youtube/twitch. And, of course, some of them win money in The oficial tournaments

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I don't follow them closely, so I'm sure I've missed the finer details, but I always assumed they were just a sort of 'fan club', which like-minded players could join to be part of a group of Gwent friends.

• RED Point

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, i havent been a Partner for very long (in fact i still havent got that sweet cardback :cry:), and im not a member of any team either, but i can share my answers, although they're based on my opinion and not on privileged information.

I dont think players in Gwent teams get paid directly. There are revenues from ads from youtube or on their websites, but i think they look for sponsors, the biggest/oldest teams may already have those, then i can see the members getting a share.

Regarding the players, i think most want to be part of a community, specially if it already has other famous players that they admire or follow, but i think only the pro players in these teams actually play and discuss gameplay together.

rrc

Forum veteran
Thanks for the replies everyone. So, my guess is also in alignment with everyone else's. That it is like a fan club for friendly like-minded people to help each other and discuss the games (and even personally). The teams get money from sponsors, and individual players may also get money from sponsors, but the team itself doesn't pay the players to be part of their team. (Players may get sponsors of the team if they are known figures, but still paid directly from sponsors).

I may be wrong here, but this was my guess and most of you are also guessing the same.

@DRK3 I was so proud to see your name in the last TWIG and I was rooting for your name to get selected for a reveal. For every single roll. Unfortunately you didn't get any reveal this time. I hope you get one next time which will help you to get more known and join a team you like the most.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Thank you. I actually was in doubt whether i should put my name on the list for the reveals, since they announced it only like 2-3 days after i joined the Partners Programme, so i was feeling i didnt deserve it yet, or that the reveals have a bigger impact with video creators.

Sidenote: that list you saw on TWIG were not all the partners, only a small fraction, the ones that entered the 'contest' until the deadline, there are many more than those.

Anyway, i did end up putting my name, as i thought this forum users would like to see a reveal here, and i started getting ideas of cool stuff i could do if i got selected. Alas, i didnt get lucky this time (i actually missed the TWIG and only saw it later), but that's OK, it would be even cooler to get a reveal on the last part of the expansion, i'll try again. :smart:

All the best @DRK3 ! Would love to see a forum first person in the forefront. Do you have YouTube/Twitch streams that we can cheer on?

@rrc been very interested in this thread. Would love to see someone on a Gwent team confirm the theories put forward so far.

• RED Point
@rrc Thank you. I actually was in doubt whether i should put my name on the list for the reveals, since they announced it only like 2-3 days after i joined the Partners Programme, so i was feeling i didnt deserve it yet, or that the reveals have a bigger impact with video creators.

Sidenote: that list you saw on TWIG were not all the partners, only a small fraction, the ones that entered the 'contest' until the deadline, there are many more than those.

Anyway, i did end up putting my name, as i thought this forum users would like to see a reveal here, and i started getting ideas of cool stuff i could do if i got selected. Alas, i didnt get lucky this time (i actually missed the TWIG and only saw it later), but that's OK, it would be even cooler to get a reveal on the last part of the expansion, i'll try again. :smart:
How did you become a partner?

since everyone's guessing i will, too.
Thanks for the replies everyone. So, my guess is also in alignment with everyone else's. That it is like a fan club for friendly like-minded people to help each other and discuss the games (and even personally). The teams get money from sponsors, and individual players may also get money from sponsors, but the team itself doesn't pay the players to be part of their team. (Players may get sponsors of the team if they are known figures, but still paid directly from sponsors).

I may be wrong here, but this was my guess and most of you are also guessing the same.

[...]
Amature sports club. This I would call it.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@SphinxRage Thank you. I am afraid i dont have a youtube or twitch to share, but im preparing something for later today or tomorrow that will function as a sort of presentation of myself as Partner. :coolstory:

@zBleach25 I contacted CDPR, saying i was interested in being a part of the Programme, explaining i was a written content creator, and not video creator (by then i knew other players got the Partner status with written content, so it wouldnt be a first), and showcased some of my content, all shared in this forum for the past 4 years (ive been playing Gwent even longer).
They were very busy with partner applications, but eventually earlier this month i got a response from Ryan Schou saying i was accepted.

@SphinxRage Thank you. I am afraid i dont have a youtube or twitch to share, but im preparing something for later today or tomorrow that will function as a sort of presentation of myself as Partner. :coolstory:

@zBleach25 I contacted CDPR, saying i was interested in being a part of the Programme, explaining i was a written content creator, and not video creator (by then i knew other players got the Partner status with written content, so it wouldnt be a first), and showcased some of my content, all shared in this forum for the past 4 years (ive been playing Gwent even longer).
They were very busy with partner applications, but eventually earlier this month i got a response from Ryan Schou saying i was accepted.
Cool. It's fair you get some recognition for your work for this community

Quite much of what has been mentioned is correct from my observations. You should differntiate being a team for content or competitive reasons.
For content it is usually a matter of exposure, shared assets like one graphic designer who could do a stream layout and everyone uses it, maybe with slight adjustments, a joint place to host content

For competitive reasons? zBleach25 named it.
Money can be a bit of a touchy subject - if there is prize money involvd, the team may or may not get a certain share. Sponsoring is a thing for sure. You probably should not think of wages in that regard, as Gwent is simply too small right now to grow teams much bigger than beyond the current status of that 'amateurs sports club' which has been mentioned above and should describe it fairly well.
[...] by then i knew other players got the Partner status with written content, so it wouldnt be a first [...]
I wonder who might have been the lucky one...?

[...] or that the reveals have a bigger impact with video creators. [...}
Nonsense.
In my opinion it is all about what the person revealing a card decides to do with the opportunity. Personally I consider a one-liner on social media quite underwhelming, but we also had gems like this one with custom animations.
When we did a reveal on our blog, some people on Reddit complained that it was too much text, and too pink - this faction is probably more pleased with the aforementioned one-liner. Meanwhile we considered it an opportunity to spotlight the current events back then with the political introduction on top of the actual text connected to the reveal.
As usual there is not a correct way to do it and you cannot please everyone - at least the card itself is well received information in any case.

[Removed an inappropriate link.]

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Quite much of what has been mentioned is correct from my observations. You should differntiate being a team for content or competitive reasons.
For content it is usually a matter of exposure, shared assets like one graphic designer who could do a stream layout and everyone uses it, maybe with slight adjustments, a joint place to host content

For competitive reasons? zBleach25 named it.
Money can be a bit of a touchy subject - if there is prize money involvd, the team may or may not get a certain share. Sponsoring is a thing for sure. You probably should not think of wages in that regard, as Gwent is simply too small right now to grow teams much bigger than beyond the current status of that 'amateurs sports club' which has been mentioned above and should describe it fairly well.

I wonder who might have been the lucky one...?

Nonsense.
In my opinion it is all about what the person revealing a card decides to do with the opportunity. Personally I consider a one-liner on social media quite underwhelming, but we also had gems like this one with custom animations.
When we did a reveal on our blog, some people on Reddit complained that it was too much text, and too pink - this faction is probably more pleased with the aforementioned one-liner. Meanwhile we considered it an opportunity to spotlight the current events back then with the political introduction on top of the actual text connected to the reveal.
As usual there is not a correct way to do it and you cannot please everyone - at least the card itself is well received information in any case.

[Removed an inappropriate link.]
Thanks for the information! Helping with the content with layouts and assets is a huge help. Money part, I was just curious and didn't mean to ask in any bad/negative way.

And sorry to hijack the topic, but when you said Gems in reveal with a link, I was seriously hoping it was this one. This one is one of the best reveals ever in Gwent and IMHO, nothing comes close to this. The link you shared was also really really cool, but this one is actually too damn good not to be mentioned when we tell about Gem Reveals. I have never seen the tweet or a video of a card reveal more than 10 times, but this one, I have.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, it seems we're going a bit offtopic here, but i guess that's OK since the OP question has been answered and we've come to a consensus (kinda).

This is another card reveal i loved, released just yesterday, but its not the first he does of this type. It has no cool edits like the ones you posted, instead just relies on his great sense of humour:

• RED Point
Top Bottom