What do I do to get a free copy for my Playstation 5?

+
Hello everyone! Long story short I loved the story, and I luckily didn't experience any game breaking bugs while going towards 100% of acheivements.
Sometimes the game was like my paper cyberpunk2020 sessions from when I was a kid :) and sometime not much so ;P
Anyway I got not 1, but 2 copies of the game for PC (GOG casue I wanted to play ASAP + collector's box with the V statue, and I gave away the code to a friend).
Unfortunately I suffered a major GPU failure this Feb, and I can't play the game on PC anymore (tried GeForce NOW, but I lost saves so many times there, that I abandoned the platform). I do have Playstation 5 now, and I was thinking about playing there, but I don't want buy the game for the 3rd time... That brings me to the famous tweet:

Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades.

What do I do to get a free copy for my Playstation 5 :) ?

Cheers!
Stay safe, stay positive!

Hello everyone! Long story short I loved the story, and I luckily didn't experience any game breaking bugs while going towards 100% acheivements.
Sometimes the game was like my paper cyberpunk2020 sessions from when I was a kid :) and sometime not much so ;P
Anyway I got now 1, but 2 copies of the game for PC (GOG casue I wanted to play ASAP + collector's box with the V statue, and I gave away the code to a friend).
Unfortunately I suffered a major GPU failure this Feb, and I can't play the game on PC anymore (tried GeForce NOW, but I lost saves so many times there, that I abandoned the platform). I do have Playstation 5 now, and I was thinking about playing there, but I don't want buy the game for the 3rd time... That brings me to the famous tweet:

Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades.

What do I do to get a free copy for my Playstation 5 :) ?

Cheers!
Stay safe, stay positive!
I'm not sure, but unfortunately, I think you have to buy it for the third time anyway :(
(Maybe I'm wrong, but Playstation/Microsoft must receive a percentage on the price of the games on their stores... So I think they shouldn't want "to sit" on this income).

I think that policy is only between platforms.
That the ps4 version can be installed on the ps5.
At the same time, for now, you play a PS4 version on PS5. That could be weird to "really" buy it two times.
But after the Next-Gen patch, the "update" will be free for PS5 users who have already buy it :)

(Anyway, it's like, I bought a movie on DVD, so I already bought it, can I get it for free on Apple TV. Nope you can't...)

2 weeks ago the PS4/5 version was sold for 12€ on Amazon here. Now, I don't know where you're from but I think you can find it for similar price pretty much everywhere in Europe. If you have a digital only PS5, on the other hand, shame on you for not knowing that physical is much cheaper on consoles. :shrug:

2 weeks ago the PS4/5 version was sold for 12€ on Amazon here. Now, I don't know where you're from but I think you can find it for similar price pretty much everywhere in Europe. If you have a digital only PS5, on the other hand, shame on you for not knowing that physical is much cheaper on consoles.
Maybe, but the digital version does not degrade (like with my dog who really like DVD or to have left it on a table all day in full sun at the time of a heat wave...) and there is absolute no risk of "losing" it :)

Maybe, but the digital version does not degrade (like with my dog who really like DVD or to have left it on a table all day in full sun at the time of a heat wave...) and there is absolute no risk of "losing" it :)
Never lost/damaged a physical game in over 30 years. I guess I'm a special kid :shrug:

Also, if Sony decides to shut down a store (see what just happened with with psp, vita and PS3) you can still play your game. Not to mention that you may want to sell a game that really disappointed you (like I did) but of course every medium has it's pros and cons. That being said, you can buy 3-4 physical copies of cyberpunk for the price of 1 digital copy to date. I think you must be very unlucky to break all of them. And worst case scenario, you buy 1 copy for 12€, you lose it in 5 years, then you can buy a digital copy for what, 5€? Still way less than 40€ now.

Never lost/damaged a physical game in over 30 years. I guess I'm a special kid
Particularly careful or lucky :)
- 5 seconds of inattention and the box of ME3 was fatally chewed...
- Asleep in the summer of 2007 early in the morning, leaving the box of Oblivion on the table in the sun. In the evening impossible to launch the game...
That could happen sometimes.
I have a lot of games in physic version, which are tidy in boxes in the attic. I'm on a Mac, there is no disk drive and I don't mind... It's the past I think, especially on console (a bit like VHS at the time). There is already an Xbox Serie (S) without a disc drive, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next-gen doesn't have one at all.

Edit : If you manage to find physical copy at very low price, maybe it's because they want to sell their stock as quickly as possible :(

Last edited:
Particularly careful or lucky :)
- 5 seconds of inattention and the box of ME3 was fatally chewed...
- Asleep in the summer of 2007 early in the morning, leaving the box of Oblivion on the table in the sun. In the evening impossible to launch the game...
That could happen sometimes.
I have a lot of games in physic version, which are tidy in boxes in the attic. I'm on a Mac, there is no disk drive and I don't mind... It's the past I think, especially on console (a bit like VHS at the time). There is already an Xbox Serie (S) without a disc drive, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next-gen doesn't have one at all.

Edit : If you manage to find physical copy at very low price, maybe it's because they want to sell their stock as quickly as possible :(
In my experience it's been pretty easy finding cyberpunk below 30€ since February. Resellers made the same mistake as many of us so they bought a ton of copies and the result is they have many unsold.

Future or not, I won't buy digital copies until they'll be cheaper than the physical ones.

Top Bottom