What do the three categories with percentages in the menu represent?

+
Hey there since I couldnt find any proven information I thought about asking here ;)
What do these three categories represent after you go to the menu?

What I think they could mean:
1. All the missions progress (Main Missions, Side Quests, Side Activities)
2. Mood of Johnny Silverhand
3. Vs mental state??? (It doesnt seem to change though)

InkedUnbenannt3_LI.jpg

The first one is very likely to be the progression of the missions. I have done everything I could before the point of no return and I am still at 90% so the main missions have to count (either that or I am still missing sidequests). The middle one is very likely the mood of Johnny Silverhand but I have no idea what the third one could be. Vs mental state maybe? The descriptions if you hover your mouse controller etc over them are not very explanatory.

My take is the first one has some connection to reputation from the main story and street cred, but stays at 90% until you choose an ending. The second is Johnny's story progression or how much of his personality is part of V's body and mind now. The final is the progression of the chip's damage to V since it has the relic logo on it, though I don't think it's super consistent since it seems to stay at 40% mostly, though in some endings
it reaches 0%.

They all must be main story related as well because I've basically been doing nothing but side missions, gigs and activities and the percentages haven't changed a bit. You'd think if you put off dealing with Johnny that V's mental state would deteriorate over time but that doesn't happen... Every morning in game I do get a sequence where V gets woozy and the map gets a bit static-y and she says "Fuck!".. so I guess just a fun reminder that I'm supposed to be having problems and should feel a sense of urgency even though I'm not.

My take is the first one has some connection to reputation from the main story and street cred, but stays at 90% until you choose an ending.

Hmm I have reached now an ending but it still says 90%. Is it dependant on which ending you choose? to be sure I have also skiped time a lot of times but I get no more calls or texts. I also cleared every possible sidequest and side activity I could see on the map.

They all must be main story related as well because I've basically been doing nothing but side missions, gigs and activities and the percentages haven't changed a bit. You'd think if you put off dealing with Johnny that V's mental state would deteriorate over time but that doesn't happen... Every morning in game I do get a sequence where V gets woozy and the map gets a bit static-y and she says "Fuck!".. so I guess just a fun reminder that I'm supposed to be having problems and should feel a sense of urgency even though I'm not.

Just out of curiousity I loaded one of my first saves and the third category is also at 40%. After checking a few other saves it does not change at all, at least for me. At first I thought the second category is needed for the secret ending, but it does not seem so, since many people got the secret ending with only 50%.

I would love to know what purpose those categories serve.

Hmm I have reached now an ending but it still says 90%. Is it dependant on which ending you choose? to be sure I have also skiped time a lot of times but I get no more calls or texts. I also cleared every possible sidequest and side activity I could see on the map.

Just out of curiousity I loaded one of my first saves and the third category is also at 40%. After checking a few other saves it does not change at all, at least for me. At first I thought the second category is needed for the secret ending, but it does not seem so, since many people got the secret ending with only 50%.

I would love to know what purpose those categories serve.

It is dependent on the ending, I've done three so far and there are changes to the percentages. I can only think of one that sends the first to 100%. I think the second (Johnny's friendship? storyline? who knows) can be lower than 70% but that's the recommended, but from what I've seen all that really matters is that you make some very specific dialogue choices in one of his quests. The third does also change in some endings like I said earlier. Thing is you reload to the last save before you go into Embers once you beat the game, so you can't really see the differences unless you look in the missions for that particular ending.

They are probably there for showing story progression, but as stated by other users the false sense of time pressure along with the constant 40% really doesn't do a whole lot lol.

Top Bottom