What do you actually LIKE about the game?

+
Aah, a topic where we can discuss on the things that contribute to a good experience.
I knew it had to be a new topic, otherwise I would've found it boiling to the surface long ago ;)

So here goes choom!
0,5) I agree with you, there's many thing that are still on a wishlist, but also very much no longer aswell.
Which brings me to my actual points.

0,75) Immersion: only Xenoblade Chronicles X has ever done what Cyberpunk makes look like an everydays event. Immersion in this game is nearly unparallelled for me.
Below come some points that build towards this.

1) [My] V: my first run of the game was like orientation, so from my second run onwards I made myself a V that I can also no longer see in a brand new body. Just yesterday I posted an image of my first streetkid origin V, but she's basically the same V yet again. A that makes I now have all lifepaths going strong that is the same V at its core.
Also, the Voice actress for female V is awesome and she really brings V to life.

2) Story: its not perfect, but the experience is great. Super even. The main mission narration is compelling and you really feel part of the events that take place. The emotions it conveys are powerful and the payoff (or payment) therefore hits hard. If you thought you cared for Lara Croft in the 2013 reboot. Then V slamdunks it with both arms tied behind her back. But its not just the story as how you live it through V. Also the other characters are likable and enjoyable. They also feel like they fit in this world.

3) The World: which brings me to the world itself. Whats not to like. When I first started I had to be a Nomad, 'cause badlands... And while the time you spend there at first is relatively short. Even Yucca Telecom Tower had become a special place when I went on and did some shenanigans there, but also the subtlety in the silence there, you really want to just stand still for a moment and soak it in. And then ultimately follows the rest and the people you meet out there, yes talking to you Aldecaldos. Then as sheer contrast Night City, the city that never sleeps. And I believe it. The heavy amounts of neon, dense highrises sudden change in decore between utter slums or the pitoresque elevated penthouses. Its all so beautifully claustrophobic and at the same take appealing like a powerful magnet. It also extends to the various vehicles and other stuff you can find in the city. I've made no secret of my love for the CT-3X motorcycle and the Mizutani Shion. I will go as far as to say I would say yes to the question if I ever would want to live there.

4) Vehicles: I will keep this one short but I love the design. Specifically that half of all vehicles have this asymmetrical element which makes them feel highly customized or cobbled together. This in contrast with the high end vehicles that are uniquely sleek. They fit the world seamlessly.

5) Weapons and combat: I stick more or less to a similar style, but oh my. Whats not to love about a combo between SPT32 Grad (or Overwatch), Electric Mantis Blades, Defender LMG and a Crusher Shotgun. Or the brutality of a Carnage, or the Nekomata. The design of those weapons is awesome, and the various unique methods or workings equaly so.
Want to take heads off from 300 meters out with a portable tankgun? Sure! Want to strike true at the heart from behind a wall, Sure! Want to carve open and slice and dice? Sure!
Cyberpunk managed really well to make other weapons that is not the standard M16-ish rifle very interesting. More than enough toys to play around with and its always useful in one way or another.
And then I'm not even having said anything about the hacking yet.
Combat becomes so much more than a simple shoot-it-out or tug-of-war thing.
You can choose between a lot of ways how to deal with enemies and each approach allows for seeking unique aspects in the world to cater to your advantage.

6) The Music: Vexelstrome, Principales, Pacific Dreams, Night FM, Morro Rock... All these radio stations have killer tunes and I love to sometimes just ride a car or motorcycle and take that in. A night in Night City can pass and all I have done is just drive, crash and drive some more. But it doesnt end there. Also the music during other parts of the game feel like a carefully crafted setting to add to that immersion.

And with that I leave it there for now. Safe to say: I enjoyed this game toroughly from the very start and continue to do so. With every instance I play I allow myself to roleplay short stories in my head (often recreated through the photomode images afterwards)
And I am excited to see what is just beyond that neon-bright horizon.

To steal a phrase: " Cyberpunk: Keep on, keeping on!"

Last edited:
Also, the Voice actress for female V is awesome and she really brings V to life.
On that note, really like the work of the male V voice actor, suits my character perfectly and is done with real heart. Now I can actually play and enjoy the game, i'm really liking the free-form approach to missions, the flexibility of the leveling system and the general atmosphere.

On that note, really like the work of the male V voice actor, suits my character perfectly and is done with real heart. Now I can actually play and enjoy the game, i'm really liking the free-form approach to missions, the flexibility of the leveling system and the general atmosphere.
Totaly agree ;)
In french it's also very good, which is (too) rare. The only game where I looked for who made them :D

Edit :
And for the fight, (with Synaptic accelerator or Kerensikov) When you see your bullet go straight into the enemy's head in slow motion and it explode like a balloon... it's pretty damn good :D

Last edited:
I can't remember being this obsessed over an RPG since the Black Isle days.
Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal is impossible to beat for me, but this game comes REALLY close.
Aah, a topic where we can discuss on the things that contribute to a good experience.
I knew it had to be a new topic, otherwise I would've found it boiling to the surface long ago ;)

Yes, i felt like this forums really needed an injection of positivity. People who love this game tend to stay silent (for the most part), detractors are much more vocal about their disappointment. Anyway, team "i actually like the game" really needed some backup, because team "i played for 200 hours and then i realized this game is crap" was gaining the upper hand.

I managed to play about 150 hours on my first playthrough on my base Ps4, so I obviously found the experience good enough to keep playing. I really enjoyed the story and the cyberpunk aspect of the game. Sure I would have wanted more customization options and a longer prologue, but what was there was already excellent. The characters were also amazing and I really enjoyed spending time with them. There's still a lot to fix and polish, but also time to do that. It really hasn't yet been a long time since the release date. In the meantime there are also other games to play. I'm currently playing Disco Elysium, which in my opinion is one of the best crpgs ever made, with real emphasis on innovation and originality.

Good post.

To give you some perspective, I'm playing the PC version and I've put more than 400 hours in the game. That alone should tell you that I absolutely love the game. However, from a technical point of view, I'm not afraid to admit that the game is an utter mess, amateurish even. Fortunately, it's a very narrative-driven game, so the technical issues are not that big of a deal to me.

I like to think that Cyberpunk 2077 is more of an experience than an actual game. It's closer to the likes of Death Stranding and Metal Gear Solid V than to GTAV (I couldn't care less about the wanted system). In fact, when the game tries to be like GTAV, it's when it fails miserably. I love it when it sticks to what it does best (immersion and narrative), which is most of the game fortunately.

I absolutely love its retro-futuristic and extremely detailed setting, incredibly ambient soundtrack, likeable characters, and their jargon. It's a very gritty and politically incorrect game, something that this industry desperately needs. I also love how expansive, emotional, and dramatic the game can be, especially towards the end. I absolutely love the Star and Temperance endings.

I've been playing video game for nearly 30 years and I have never played anything like it. It made think that video games can be an incredibly powerful narrative medium.

Good post.

To give you some perspective, I'm playing the PC version and I've put more than 400 hours in the game. That alone should tell you that I absolutely love the game. However, from a technical point of view, I'm not afraid to admit that the game is an utter mess, amateurish even. Fortunately, it's a very narrative-driven game, so the technical issues are not that big of a deal to me.

I like to think that Cyberpunk 2077 is more of an experience than an actual game. It's closer to the likes of Death Stranding and Metal Gear Solid V than to GTAV (I couldn't care less about the wanted system). In fact, when the game tries to be like GTAV, it's when it fails miserably. I love it when it sticks to what it does best (immersion and narrative), which is most of the game fortunately.

I absolutely love its retro-futuristic and extremely detailed setting, incredibly ambient soundtrack, likeable characters, and their jargon. It's a very gritty and politically incorrect game, something that this industry desperately needs. I also love how expansive, emotional, and dramatic the game can be, especially towards the end. I absolutely love the Star and Temperance endings.

I've been playing video game for nearly 30 years and I have never played anything like it. It made think that video games can be an incredibly powerful narrative medium.
Interesting take.

Like you, i've put more than 400 (500+ even) into CP. Like you, ~30 years of PC gameplay here. Like you, absolutely love CP for what it is. But, unlike you, played quite a few "like it" in the past - assuming by this you meant "incredibly powerful narrative medium" with certain features you mentioend in the post.

Perhaps you just missed 'em? Here's a few outta the top of my head.

Wasteland 2. Has that same "things went to hell and now small folks do big things" vibe to it. And lots of "politically incorrect" little bits once you get well into it.

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. In fact, one can very much consider CP2077 being very much spiritual successor to those, in terms of narrative / themes / stories. Note, Fallout 3 and 4 - lost it; too groomed, too "ain't touching really sensitive stuff".

Rimworld. Man, this is a gem unlike any other, in this regard. You gotta try it. And it ain't just quests it does, it's very game mechanics it has, also - the way you treat your own colonists, as well as all the other factions / NPCs. The tools / means you have to deal with 'em. Choices you do. Consequences. It's just impossible to fully describe what this one does with that "no words used narrative - stories through actions". A faint glimpse of it - perhaps can be understood via this short video, but really, unless you dig much into Rimworld, you won't really "get it". Highly recommend. :)

Last edited:
It's great to see so many people loving this game. I was starting to get lonely, heh. Keep 'em coming :)
Its like you say. Many of us who love the game will just happily continue playing and remain undisturbed while doing so. Its when we visit.. say, forums... Or other media where we are confronted with an overload of disappointment, hate and god knows what. And then 2 things can happen. We voice our side of the coin in 1 to 10 equality (meaning 10 opponents) or we just quietly go back into the game and continue living in our CP world undisturbed.

I show my 'love' for the game with posting the photomode stories and other generic activity on these forums because I care.
But I also often just stay away from media (specifically YT or supposed news outlets) and spend several hours in the game. While I'm yet to hit 250 hours of total play (currently averaging 50 to 60 hours per character, 4 in running) playtime is increasing steadily with every week :)
And I see no reason to deliberate stop.

The immersion. Feeling like a merc, and doing 'biz' - even the small jobs I enjoyed - just being efficient and being "in and out" in a couple of minutes after killing the target or stealing the data, before getting the call to close the contracts and get the money.
I didn't worry about the choices either. I actually struggle with the RPGs where choices matter, because I agonize over each little thing and have to keep Google open on my phone, which is more immersion breaking than anything.
The story was great, I was just hoping to sail through, shooting and hacking, enjoying the storyline.

Its also the atmosphere and attitude, the swearing and gangs, cyberpsychos, fast cars and tech weapons, and I like it when the stealth goes wrong and fuck it, just blast 'em - and having to get the job done, one way or another. (Usually the blast' em method, but it was nice to have the option.)

I didn't read every shard, but I did appreciate the fact that so many characters had stories, even if they were a few lines of dialogue that you would have missed if you walked past too quickly or didn't hang around long enough. (like dexter on the phone while you're supposed to be washing your face or random conversation from kids outside the ripperdocs in the badlands,)
I think I prefer the beginning of the game over the ending. Probably because the possibilities are still being anticipated, and I think they focused more of the 'polish' there, but that's okay - I replayed recently after the patch and found that the immersion and excitement of becoming an established merc was still present for me, and that says a lot for the beginning of the game being well done.
I know some people wanted a witcher game and fantasy type RPG with consequences, character progression etc that's fine but I personally wanted a FPS with cyber hacking, with decent gunplay and options in combat.
(btw I have zero problems with a "call of duty clone" being made, by anyone, anywhere - those have been some of my fave games over the years, keep the clones coming!).
So yeah, I didn't miss the RPG or GTA elements, in fact the trailers I watched for cyberpunk actually gave me the impression that the game would be like a futuristic COD with cyberware and hacking - I must have missed the ones where they promised cyberwitcher3...?

Other highlights : music, aesthetics / graphics, the city, humour, Ozob
Post automatically merged:

Oh and poor flaming crotch man!
I took him out for a nice sight seeing drive, at a snails pace, for ages. :D

Last edited:
I like the story and the characters, although I think the story is too short and the characters could be more developed. The endings are good although I would prefer

Not having the 6 month death sentence and having the bitter taste of being an engram

I liked the romances. I didn't expect that because I'm more of a Bioware kind but they were believable and beautiful. Too short and abrupt sadly. I wanted more.

I absolute love roaming the city and the badlands. Sometimes I go walking long areas and discovering things. Graffitis. Shards. Lore. The design is great.

Love the items' descriptions. I collect every consumable.

I'm in love of the story and characters involved in it. Also the general setting is.... strangely compelling.

it's one of the few games that makes me want to return to it as soon as I have free time.

And another thing (who can divise):
All the "Sinnerman" quest line (You like or hate, whatever, it's not the question).
But when i first play this quest, i said me "No, impossible, they couldn't do that..." and when i finish "Yes they did" :D

I don't remember in any game a quest like that. I will remember this quest for a long time (not because i love/hate it), just because they had that "borderline" idea and they put it in the game.

All the "Sinnerman" quest line (You like or hate, whatever, it's not the question).
But when i first play this quest, i said me "No, impossible, they couldn't do that..." and when i finish "Yes they did" :D

I don't remember in any game a quest like that. I will remember this quest for a long time (not because i love/hate it), just because they had that "borderline" idea and they put it in the game.

Yes, that quest packs quite a punch. I expecially liked the religious and moral implications. Seeking redemption by sacrificing yourself... is it really enough? The game gives you no real answer, and you're left with this sense of uneasiness that really shows how videogames can be on par of other media (movies, books...) when it comes to emotional impact.

Hi all,

Wanted to share also my opinion after 200h of playing +- and started my 2e game:

First time i play a game like Cyberpunk and i can't stop playing... t's not just a single game for me, i like the development of it and i enjoy to play.

1) Story: Stroy i'st'n too short i think , i schould like to have another mission to see V after they deleted the biochip in her head and to be with her love, judy or what ever you choose :D

all think are good and the emotion touch me easily and i like all in the game ^^.

When i thinking i finished all mission on the game , another character showing up xD (kerry and the japanesse team)

1. 5 Emotion of the story and character: You take part of the story trying save V ( really sad when you do the evelyn mission to the konepi plaza then jacky give you the biochip coz the box are damaged and after he die in a car after that ... my heart has been broken after that, then now you know you are dying litlle by little coz of this mission and the relic :(

In the ending, specially when you leave with judy and with the help of panam and Aldecaldos, you have Six month to live before the end , i want to see what V she doing trying to live more than 6 month or if she find a solution , idk ...

2) Character, the design and customisation of charcter is really good, they loock by far a real person you can meat in our real life (except cyborg technologie but nvm i prefer to have them in my real life than single human :D)

3) Romance: i'm thinking all romance have their own limit but Specially with judy, after the pyramid song and the romantic scene, when you come to the judy appartement every days, it's always the same dialog " i'm thinking about you and you were not clowth", it's a little sad coz they can devellop their rellation between Valérie and judy same after that. more dialog then always the same text :(

4 )Vehicle: nothing to say , i like all design of them and the driving is really good ^^ depends of the vehicule you are using :D

5) Musics: i like all song from Cyberpunk, like to heard that in my car :D

I do not have so much issuee with the game, except some times i 'm drinking with no bottle in my hand ^^' when i was with panam on the firecamp

- Sorry in advance if i don't use the right word :D-

I'm done with my opinion ^^

have a nice day evetyone.

I agree with alot of what's already mentioned here, story, characters, quests I love them all.
What doesn't get mentioned as much as it should though is the OST for this game. Some of the tracks are truly amazing and i'm not just talking about the ones on the radio (although there are some awesome songs on there). Some of the tracks they've made for the main characters are so good! Special mention goes to V's Theme that plays over the main menu and Johnnys theme (Rebel Path) that plays in the mission Love Like Fire as your flying towards Arasaka Tower.
However my two favourites are Outsider No More which is Panams theme and Bells of Laguna Bend which is Judys theme. If you haven't listened to them there are plenty of clips on youtube where you can hear them without any of the background noise of the game. Words can't describe how great those tracks are, they fit the characters so well.
The devs and the sound designers should be incredibly pround of what they created as I would go on record as saying this is the best OST i've heard for game, I like it that much.

Top Bottom