What do you actually LIKE about the game?

+
Driving around the City at night on the Kusanagi 3-X while listeing to Pacific Dreams.

Killing stuff with a sword.

Some of the story missions are great.

Hmm, that about covers it.

And this guy is darn good with that guitar of his. I can tell. Tommy Emmanuel's level of good. Wow.

After beating I rate it a 7.5

lots to like (graphics, overall story, small story moments / certain great quests voice acting was really good and OST as well)
lots to hate (mostly glitches, but the story was short and felt incomplete/rushed)
held my interest long enough to beat it
but no inclination for further playthrough until they release all the DLC a year or so from now

I will say I really enjoyed driving around the city with no map/hud or objective to get to the most. and there were definitely video game story telling heights reached in SOME of the quests ( if you read the notes littered around the story/quest area to get the whole story of the event)

PERFECT FIT
The game can be tailored to your personal taste by how you play it. By picking your preferred perks, skills, and loadouts you can sculpt the combat and other game mechanics to your liking. Load up on armor and use weaker guns for Tanky, long drawn out battles. Or use extreme weapons and instead of armor use speed mods for quick decisive one shot kills combat where the loser is the first one to make a mistake.

KILLING TIME
The characters are believable in the sense that they could actually exist in such a futuristic world. And CPDR does not shy away from what the ‘taboo’ and mature subjects touch upon and are done really well.

Cyberpunk often gives you the illusion that your choices matter. On rare occasions it does matter what you choose and it has an impact on the world.

Stealth gameplay is pretty barebones (killing or choking someone unconscious makes no difference) but I still enjoyed using the environment to my advantage. And once you get caught they don’t reset their aggro unless you walk really far away.

There almost nothing to do in night city once you've completed all the quests. But the better than it should be Parkour and the legion of street crimes and the 200 hidden Gems has keep me playing for an additional 50 hours so far and I am still playing a few hours a week.

The Parkour really is very underrated in this game. I HATE platform jumping in other games because even climbing over a fence if not done pixel perfect in the DEV required time window at just the right place ends in Death. In real life I can leap from a a fence to grab a rain pipe 3 feet behind me with no problem and I am an old man! Cyberpunk 2077 reflects this by only killing you for stupid or clumsy Parkour mistakes.

THE STAR OF THE SHOW
Night City is a pleasure for the eye. I played on a mid-range rig and played on mid-high graphics with select visuals tuned off such as lens flares. Even with these reduced settings, night city is graphically amazing to look at. The environment does cause your fps to dip sometimes but generally I was playing 50-60 fps (capped at 60 to prevent most of the bugs I hear others may get).

Night City is one of the best well handcrafted cities I’ve ever seen in a game in my opinion. Each district has its own distinct architecture and feeling which makes you feel like you actually go somewhere else every time. There were countless times where I just stood on a high point looked at the beautiful sights for a while. On the other hand, the npc’s in the city are incredibly lifeless and walk everywhere with no purpose. Night city also does not have even the most basic necessities like a barber or tattoo shop.

EASY ON THE EARS
CDPR paid a lot of eddies for particularly talented musicians and it is evident in the game.

LAST WORD
Cyberpunk 2077 has many flaws but also some aspects that come close to ‘masterpiece’ quality. It’s really sad to see that this game was probably pushed out of the door too quickly. But despite its hunch, slow wit and blemishes this game has soul. With patches and powerful mods, this game could easily become another Oblivion.

Last edited:

That above is few months old, but I enjoyed it really very much when I found it yesterday. After almost 600 hours I still have fun playing CP on my gaming PC and GFN servers on laptop. There is much what I like on CP, below are my favs in no particular order:
  • 1st person play: I'm more than happy that this was chosen for CP. I have played many 3rd person view games and enjoyed them, but in futuristic city environment in postcatalyptic world with all these beautifull vistas is 1st person play imo better choice.
  • Driving in NC: nothing better as to drive motorbike in city centre during day time with busy traffic.
  • Parcour style of play possible. Just so simple, because there can be said too much about this topic.
  • Diverse combat from complete stealth and hacking to full frontal assault with blades or monowire etc using slow motion cyberware. And yes, I also like from time to time use long-range guns. The best is that you can make builds which can engage in all forms of combat, even though you face limitations. Imo they are quite well set, and you can quite easily controll how "easy" you want have your play.
  • Story, characters and many small details found scattered around the city, parts of gigs pointing to another ones, random NPCs chatter related to later found gigs etc, etc. All this binds things going on in NC together and offer joy for players which like these small details.
  • Dark atmosphere of NC which imo really fits well this game.
  • Dressing my V. Heh, I really like to search nice looking clothing (high grades) which is also usable for normal play and fit together :). And 1.2 massively improved this area, I had found numerous nice looking high grade complets and I'm still far from finish my last run.
  • Music, yes I forget add it. I especially like change music to my liking when drive vehicles.
Are there things which I want to be added or updated? Of course are, but I have fun with CP play right now. 1.2 patch improved numerous things, so I really look forward to next updates and hope that CDPR devs will have chance to make this game as good as they want it to be.

My nomadic Valerie loves to be a beautifull but deadly ghost in the city of night ... :)

Last edited:
Yes, that quest packs quite a punch. I expecially liked the religious and moral implications. Seeking redemption by sacrificing yourself... is it really enough? The game gives you no real answer, and you're left with this sense of uneasiness that really shows how videogames can be on par of other media (movies, books...) when it comes to emotional impact.
I very much enjoyed the underlying implecation of him trying to shake the world awake that was presented by parts of the dialogue in that quest and of course the obvious explotation by the corps. The fact that they would exploit someone's crucifixion through BD for profits truly bought home the idea how deeply society have collapsed at that point and that it really needed a serious awakening.

-the city of NC: its artistic direction, its immersion! I haven't seen better
-many quests including act 1 which is exceptional.
-the ost
-the characters, especially judy which I found really realistic and endearing.
-very nice gameplay.
-voice acting is incredible
-the FPS view with the sublime staging
-this game simply has a soul! it is increasingly rare in current AAA games
CDprojekt never stop fighting! we love our game

I suppose I do like the atmosphere in general, and the music in most situations. And most of the voice acting from the named NPCs is pretty good. There's some portions of the main story arc and romance quests that are very well done, they feel organic, "natural" and are cinematic in a good way. You can see the typical good "CDPR questing touch" in those moments, for sure.

And well, visually-speaking the game IS - indeed - very stunning, in general.

Playing "Dream On" whilst roleplaying a hard boiled noir detective.

Watching the Roach arcade game and seeing "Nice!" pop up as he avoids landing on a roof.

In general though, the humanity CDPR deftly weaved into V's tale. Little nuggets of lore left on laptops, an entire poem in graffiti broken across the city, and a love letter to simpler times.

Ultimately, Cyberpunk puts the human condition under the microscope, both in-game and beyond the Fourth Wall (notice the ads in the city?)

Sadly when everything is magnified we don't always show our best,

actually embracing Cyberpunk lore and not watering it down to make it pc

the visual style ... I ride (and walk) around for long periods just soaking it all in ( over 650 hrs. so far)

congratulations on succeeding in creating a game without area load screens.... soooo enjoyable

the weapons are very true to the designs from the Cyberpunk book games...

the society.. both governmental and civilian....the psycho sexual world of Cyberpunk LIVES...( hoping for more character customization options later)

Great iniciative for the post. Yes there is so much.
It's all been said but in my case it's the city and it's setting.
The characters and writing. The mature writing, also in quests where a little bit of information here explains the whole situation over there (hehe I keep photographing emails and names to put together later).
The music and the whole soundscape are amazing.
The whole painting is beautifully designed
...and
We can actually combat in so many different ways and combinations

Edit: and let me add. There is something about the game that must be bioquemical or fisiological or something. There is something in this whole equation that makes it incredibly addictive to me.

The problem for me is my disinterest when I meet a pharmaceutical store employee. I love these places and wish they were more fleshed out. These places break my immersion from the game.
  1. They will sell you items that you do not need. I wish the game managed to create an importance to buy oxygen, increase item capacity, short quests designs like protect the drugs or provide intel on drug shipments ect...
  2. I pray for the day vendors have more purpose then just staring at you as you get excited to purchase noodles or read a magazine while striking up a conversation with a random npc.

Last edited:
In this thread, I'd like to hear what you actually enjoyed, liked or even LOVED about CP77.

The city design, and the visual design for the most part. Thats about it. Everything else is pretty shitty. I could list, but thats not the topic.

EDIT: The soundtrack is ok. The soundtrack, not the songs.

Last edited:
For the moment they're only accessible via mods, but I hope that CDPR will incorporate them as standard chosable options in the game. But currently via use of mods I like also

* Hairstyles of Claire, 2023s Rogue, Lizzy Wizzy, and some others.
* Vehicle reskin styles for both cars and motorcycles. I had the CT-3X Black in use first, but then I discovered the Mox style (blue/silver/ yellow windscreen) for a default motorbike.

I'm sure others have many more examples like this.
My point being: they are already in the game and apparently functional :)
Love to start running and riding around a little like that.

This does bring the complication though of maintaining 4 parallel playthroughs ...

;)

For me its the genre and charactors and story.

Some of the side quests add more conspiracy theories with nightcorp; the likes of the perelez and and sandra dorset and gary the prophet missions.

There is a general undercurrent in the city that there is a puppet master pulling all the strings. Adds an extra layer of mystery to the game,
something out there that needs uncovered. Havent seen it done in any other game as well as this one.

Hoping that they add more of this in dlc

Last edited:
Top Bottom