What do you actually LIKE about the game?

+
There are many threads criticizing this game for nearly every aspect of it: for its story, for its technical shortcomings, for the certainly not excellent AI, for the "lies" everyone and their mother think CDPR said prior to launch and the expectations that weren't met.

While i see a lot of things that could (and should) be improved, and the game has this feeling of "roughness" about it, like a rough diamond or a sketch on a canvas before the actual painting... i actually like it. I like it VERY MUCH.

In this thread, I'd like to hear what you actually enjoyed, liked or even LOVED about CP77.

Please, to everyone who wants to criticize the game and point out its shortcomings: there are better threads for that (quite a lot of them actually). This discussion will be all about the GOOD things.

I'll start. I've actually grown to love the combat in this game. It has this Doom-like vibe all over it: it's fast paced, straightforward, and expecially once you unlock things like Sandevistan or Berserk it makes you feel awesome, running and shooting while everyone is moving in slow-mo, or jumping from a container and squashing three goons like you were some sort of badass superhero. And the weapons? Should i even start? Revolvers that make people explode with a single bullet, blades coming out of your arms that would make Wolverine proud, katanas cutting arms and heads like you're some kind of japanese demon... There's something for every taste. You can approach every fight in a lot of different ways, from "silent assassin" style to a raging frontal assault that would make Rambo cry in a corner in shame. And all of this while you make people literally KILL THEMSELVES, make the grenades in their pockets explode or make them go completely psycho and assault their own allies, thanks to the variety of quickhacks.

So, your turn. Name the best aspect of the game, or the thing you enjoyed the most, and elaborate.
Things I really like, but which comes with a minor but :)

Night city - Really like it, its very cool just roaming around in it and looking at all the great designs etc. Wish that it was a bit darker and sinister.

The idea of style matters - Think its an awesome idea to focus on styles, that it doesn't matter if you fail, as long as you look good doing it, kind of thing :D I do however think that the game could integrate it a bit better in the game, and really push the point that style is important. And obviously, the ability to really customize your character on the fly, but I think that will be added at some point. And honestly I really miss 3D cutscenes of V, even if they are just small ones. I think it would help make you feel that he/she is more than a couple of hands and a weapon :)

Setting - Cyberpunk is awesome and i think CDPR have done an excellent job in creating the illusion of a functional cyberpunk world based on the tabletop game. But also how they have manage to blend in all the "sexsual" undertones, in the ads and billboards etc, without it being childish or stupid, it fits the world in a cool way and honestly, I think it does a lot to give the whole setting some character, rather than it just being some standard dark evil place.

Combat - I like it, the weapons for the most part behave nice, sounds cool. I do however wish they were slightly more balanced, especially the tech and smart weapons as they ruin combat a bit I think. And in general, im not much into the melee stuff, but it works fine for me at least, as its not my primary way of playing. I like the sound of guns, explosions and bullets flying :D

Cyberware - I like the idea of cyberware and those things that are in the game are cool, but I would have like a lot more variety. I personally didn't use any in my playthrough, like the gorilla arms, double jump etc. I wanted my character to stay rather human and see how that would work out.

Hacking - This is cool as well, at least the idea, there are some very fun abilities, but again, its a bit out of control in how OPed it is. With some balancing I can see it work very well.

Characters - Pretty much like all the characters, whether they are evil or not, they seem believable to me and for the most part do excellent acting. I would like that some of them stayed a bit longer and some more content were built around them. Especially Jackie was cool. I would have loved for Dexter and T-bug, to have stayed longer, thought that Dexter by far was the most interesting bad guy in the game. Well acted and just overall extremely cool character. Adam smasher could have been awesome, I mean, he looks cool and all, but I think he is to underdeveloped in my opinion. Would have been cool to have interacted with him more, so you learn more about him.

Silverhand - Will take him as a separate part as he plays a huge role in the game. I liked him and it was interesting at least in my play through to see how their relationship developed. And in the end, I really felt that we were on the same team and a trust between the character existed. Whether that was just because I was lucky in how I did things, so it felt natural I don't know. Because have heard others express that it didn't work to well, when their character at one moment are enemies and the next seem like they are good friends etc. But for me it was fine.

Cars - Love the car designs and driving around the city in the start can be a bit difficult. But once you get used to it, its pretty funny, to high speed it through the city in FP :) I think it works fairly well. Obviously the mini map not zooming is bad and it would be even better with a road indicator.

Stories - I think the stories in general are very good and interesting, I would have loved for more branching, its a bit to linear, which to me makes a second playthrough slightly hard, because when I know exactly what is going to happen, Im not as invested in it. But simply looking at the stories, they are good and have a lot of variety, both in characters involved and different topics etc.

Graphics / sound / music - I think it is good for the most part.

Phone calls - Really enjoyed this to be honest, the fact that you got SMS, phone calls seemed to me like a good way to make the world appear alive and as things going on while you were doing stuff. I would have liked an option to simply call people back. And have to mention that I absolutely hated how all the fixers constantly call you every time you get near one of their missions areas as if they all have a tracker on you, that did not work at all for me and I think it ruined the direct head to head interaction with them. They become more like mission computers than actual characters with an agenda, motive and story.

But I think that is about it, some of the other things, I thought was ok, but not good enough to make this list and a lot of stuff is on the bad list, which I obviously haven't added here. :D

Last edited:
What i love about the game is, the story, gameplay (on HARDEST MODE), graphics, the crafting/upgrade, the cyberpunk vive the lifestyle of game, i mean i think there is really nothing i don't like, if i list what i like ill be here forever. But most of all that its not an MMORPG been there and done that, i'm 40 and don't have time to be working around my real life schedule to come to an notorious boss fight with 4 alliances and wait hours..

Cyberpunk is just the game i been waiting for decades. Beautiful, just Beautiful game.

1. No more looped animations! This is something that really helped with immersion, the animations were of great quality and never looped after a while like in most games.
2. Night city is visually well designed (apart from the same vendor machines everywhere)
3. Gunplay works well, and what I personally find very important: Bullet penetration!
4. Design wise this game is done very well, especially well designed guns and vehicles

I like the freedom it offers in terms of gameplay. I started out as a Blade wielding Samurai, slicing my way through the opposition only to realise that the depressing theme of the game coupled with my character being a mass murderer had a very negative impact on my mood, so I started a non-lethal netrunner which has been a great experience so far. I also like the graphics especially the lightning effects and overall architecture of NC.

The OST, a few beautiful locations here and there and some side quests like the ones with Judy/Kerry really made me enjoy this game but unfortunately I'm kind of disappointed about the dialogue system.
I've been playing wasteland 3 recently and I realized the dialogue options that can be triggered only if you have specific perks is really efficient in RPGs, just like Fallout or KOTOR for example.
Anyway i'm on my second playthrough in CP2077 and i still enjoy running/double jumping around and hacking things. I really hope that the npcs will get some kind of fix that'll make them look less dull !

I kinda liked the minigigs (aside from the cyberpsychos) littered all around the city. They didn’t drag on like the main missions and story bits, and seemed far less linear due to their size, which then made the gameplay more bearable.

Guest 4571258

It saved a bunch of money as there was no need to get a new graphics card after the cat was out of the bag. It made me realize how well crafted other games are.

*cracks knuckles*

Grab a bed and snacks because this might be a long list, but probably not. Let's get this started...

I like character creation. Choosing what my character looks like is a very enjoyable experience to me.

Voiced protagonist. V does not sound like me nor does he talk like me... I don't care. I love hearing V talk. Protagonists that talk feel more alive than silent protagonists. I love Link, and Red from pokemon, but hearing protagonists talk is a personal preference.

I love Jackie, Victor the ripper doc, Misty, Mama Welles and so many more people.

I like the side missions and picking and choosing what order I do them in. The loyalty side quests were fun. Brawling missions as well.

Quick hacks are loads of fun. I love nonlethal quickhacks takedowns.

Implants are super cool. Very interesting. Implants are like level up skills... but rather than leveling up and magically gaining the ability to double jump, you have the ability surgically built onto you.

I prefer walking over driving cause parkour...

Driving is fun to. The beast races were cool. Except the last one when you find out claire or whatever her name is was using you to get revenge... If revenge was that important, you could have done it with a gun any time and more than likely got away with it. Don't get mad at me when I win the last race... Always bragging about how great her ded husband was too. Please... I'm V. Killer of Adam Smasher. Your husband ain't the best. I'm way better than he will ever be, err... was cause he ded... jokes on me cause V went bye bye too... To anyone reading this, I'm joking around. I don't hate the lady. She's alright. I'm just poking fun...

The dark gritty techno future is a very cool scenery. I wish I knew more about the table top game so I could appreciate the lore more, but on the other hand I have a lot of hobbies already so adding table top would be super difficult.

Easter eggs and the lore written here and there. Messages between gang members, corporations, and everyone in between. These are neat little added details.

The three life paths were appreciated.

The music was also great

I'm gonna stop here. Theres probably more forgot about but I listed more than enough stuff.

Edit; fixed grammar

Last edited:
350 hours in and I can agree with most people here, the design and atmosphere of Night City is what I love about the game and what makes me keep coming back. I've played all relevant open world games before, but CP is the first one that makes me feel like I'm walking around in a real metropole, thanks to the massive amount of detail and a realistic sense of scale and proportions.
I was disappointed with atmopshere. It should have way more "attidude" or "Cyberpunk slang". Panam is way too pretty for Cyberpunk too.

Im like 110% sure Cyberpunk 2 will be much better.

Guest 3847602

Main story, dialogue, V, all major characters (Johnny, Rogue, Kerry, Takemura, Jackie, Judy, Panam, River), voice acting, music, Night City and worldbuilding, environmental storytelling, level design, quest design, how 1st person perspective is utilized, number of supported playstyles, stealth and gunplay, driving... It excels in all the things that are vital for me.
Most of all, I love it for taking inspiration from The Witcher 3 and Deus Ex (the original) instead of GTA5 and Skyrim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea and the setting more than its conception. The music is great though. I really like Jackie...but his death would have been even more impactful with a little more time together. That kind of almost is symptomatic for so many things in the game.

Where do I start? In order to save me typing out a dissertation, I'm just going to make a point and use a link to previous posts which expand upon the point. There are a lot of things that I like. I'll admit there are things that irritate me at times, but mods have resolved most of them on 1.12 for me. In no particular order, things that I like are;
  • Judy, as a representative of the character development and story writing as a whole. Exhibit A Exhibit B Exhibit C
  • The last sentence of exhibit C above - signifies choice, which I appreciate 😝 Seriously though, the choice is pretty good in terms of character customisation and composition (helped by mods and cyberCAT of course)
  • The various features and mechanics of the game; many are familiar, but with a fresh spin on them, that come together in an altogether unique but fun way, which creates good replay value in my opinion. Exhibit D
  • The fact that this is cyberpunk; the technological enhancement of a human being is pretty well delivered though the more obvious features and the more subtle ones too, be it for the player character or the NPCs.
  • The music; it's been almost ten years since a game has been produced with original music that I actually want to go and buy from a store (NFS The Run, 2011, with score produced by Brian Tyler), Cyberpunk 2077 is the first title I've played ever where that music that I want to buy is originally composed and isn't score music.
  • Risks that were taken. I'm disappointed that the game's delivery was bungled to an extent, because it really does represent some impressive decision making which almost certainly will have sparked healthy discussions about contentious issues which ultimately need to be discussed more for progress in society. Exhibit E
  • Sort of tying in with the choice and mechanics points made earlier, the weapons system, (while a bit lazy in terms of modelling in places) means that depending on your character build, you can essentially become John Wick and spend ages coming up with new ways to kill people. This is helped along by the fact that there are endlessly spawning enemies of different gangs to try out different tricks of the trade on... Exhibit F Exhibit G
  • The vehicle design *_* I've been doing CAD models of vehicles for about six years now and even I'm very impressed by the quality of vehicle models that are featured in the game. Full 3D modelling for both exterior and interior design and it looks pretty beautiful for the most part too. Rockstar Games could learn a thing or three from whoever CDPR has designing/ modelling their vehicles.
  • The communities that have spawned; take these forums and Reddit communities that centre around characters for example. Healthy discussion aplenty and some really cool individuals gathered together (yes not directly game related, but a by-product counts, right?)
  • Nibbles :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom