What do you desire for the first expansion (not DLC) ? Make a list

+
You're right about the bigger picture. I think the sinnerman story itself is very damn brilliant. And it shows the dark undertone of the city that's only interested in profit making with the expense of someone who's become religious in his final hours.

The final act is well executed and all the steps leading into it. You get to know the person and his own doubts.

But when you finally finish the quest chain, there might be a little too much left for just player to interpret what had just happened and you don't have conversation with Johnny about it. You can't call lets say Misty and tell about your experience and get her reaction. You don't hear about Panam calling "WTF V? I just saw you in TV ad about some virtu about guy getting nailed down?" you know... some kind of consequence would be welcome there.

Just a little bit extra touch to truly soak in what had just happened instead of trying to make all these seem less relevant by giving players quick out from the scene.

Just my personal feeling.
I can see your point, though I can see writers point to frustrate the player too. My only beef with Sinnerman is that there's certain continuity issue posted about that in Continuity issues (1.3) and some follow up from here.

What comes to rest of your suggestions, I can get wanting those but they are sort of features that really makes game experience to me, so I'm kinda indifferent what comes to that side of games and can't say but that I guess those would be good enhancements. I'm more about story content and outside of that I have a thing for vehicles, cars particularly. I don't have anything to do with CP 2077 having GTA features though.

I can see your point, though I can see writers point to frustrate the player too. My only beef with Sinnerman is that there's certain continuity issue posted about that in Continuity issues (1.3) and some follow up from here.
There's a way to both frustrate the player and offer satisfying conclusion.

Good example of this is the Peralez Quest line ending, where you get to talk to Johnny and ask his opinion who's behind it all, him just giving his theory on what's going on.

Same thing with the Conspiracy Garry quest line where you go to the secret meeting site and Johnny asks "who do you think is behind this all" and you can say "Spanish Inquisition", Johnny replying "I didn't expect that."

That's genuinely funny, and even when you return back to see Garry gone, there's this inner monologue with Johnny.

I mean it's good that not every quest ends up with talking 5 dialogues with Johnny but there should be something to soak in what had happened, getting an unique item to remind you that you completed that mission, even if you could never sell that. Some kind of memorabilia or progress toward something.

How about new equipment like Necklace and (as I may have already suggested earlier) have option to have V's own necklace there to grant some bonus stats, or maybe have some unique medallion after completing quest with Kerry. There's the gun you get from completing the quest line with Johnny and some legendary item recipes for Johnny's gear.

(going back to loot)
In general, increase carrying capacity and reduce drop rate of common loot (guns, healing items, armor) and give us more things like "gun parts" or something else that's not immediately amounting to more carry weight and can be easily stacked.

Also of course consumables need to be hard looked at. There's currently only 1 good item to consume and that's the 1 extra ram in case your hacking isn't strong enough to execute the Cyberpsychosis quickhack.

(just repeating my opinion from other topic)
As I suggested in my own topic that the crafting tree should be completely abandoned (or made completely separate that's isolated from perks and attribute points) and being replaced by "robotics" and allow there to be Netrunners with drones, or stealth assassins with drones that you can use to distract enemies. Or maybe a healing drone for the beefy frontline high hp juggernaut with full armor set.

1639650166210.png

Netrunner cybernetic fist implants with a cool jacket/cloak.

1639651036661.png

This is what people like to see. Characters specializing in certain playstyle.

1639650541623.png

Show us Johnny Silverhand when he was fighting in corpo wars and wearing a ginormous mech suit taking out Arasaka troops. Maybe he's about to pull some fellow soldier from the ground until the soldiers hand snaps in 2 when a laser cuts through the field. Just a small teaser on what took place before the game starts. I'm not so much familiar with the lore but didn't he lose his whole hand in the wars? Maybe you get to witness that as a part of the memories that you share with Johnny on your journey.

And actually have some high end talents to change how you execute some attacks, similar to how in Star Wars Fallen Order, you can execute a ground slam by pressing strong attack in air.

Specializing in crafting is only good for basically saving money, and same goes for many perks in Breach Protocoll. They just can't work in PvP (whenever that comes).

So TLDR of my past 10 posts: Some tiny quest reworks (in end of quest line). Some talent reworks(among them the ability to control drones). Loot system improvements. New difficulties, and even survival mode. Mercenaries coming after you after finishing the heist.

(In general I'd just remove the whole thing with having to wait a day for shop to restore the items for multiple purchases. It's just taxing and serves no purpose.)

Last edited:
[..snip..]
I don't see carrying capacity as problem but there's one level reward in Body / Athletics tree that is difficult to achieve at the moment as Athletics leveling is bugged.

What comes to loot and that, I actually appreciated a lot that I could play practical mercenary and used whatever. I have three playthroughs and on second one I tried to get on looting / crafting and that and came close to abandoning that run. It's not just CP 2077, it's just not for me regardless of game. But like I wrote, on my first and third playthroughs I practically ignored Tech and what I think would make game more appealing to larger group of gamers is that there would be a way to plan economy of build ahead. Now it's questionable if game economy is about eddies or components, now there's no convenient way to know how much components leveling weapon or whatever from level 1 to 50 takes overall and as game is still being polished these in-game economical factors are also subject to change.

It works for fans of looting / crafting but for others like me, my first playthrough with very few points in Tech was based on taking a risk, see if that would work and just going by that. It would be good if there were easier way for player to figure that out and plan their build when creating their characters.

I could make a long list, some reasonable requests, some not.

But, probably what sticks out to me the most is I would like to see more execute animations. Silent take downs depending on which weapons you have equipped; not always just a choke-hold every single time. There's no need for a choke hold if you have a knife equipped.

Also if they are standing next to a ledge, or kind of close, let me just kick them off the side and let them fall. Especially if they are scavengers. They deserve the worst deaths in the game.
[...] There is PLENTY of reason to put someone in a choke-hold while using a knife. They have less chance to counter when they're busy fighting to breathe/get loose. This also gives you enough chance to put the knife into their lung, or slit their throat without them screaming for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
- More use from existing characters and locations
- Side campaign that is not centered around Arasaka
- Brain Dance side stories
- More character customization features and in game customization tweaks
- Own more than one apartment + customization
- In game companion

I feel most of these mods are things people have asked for. The Nexus Mod community has barely scraped the surface with some of these. One in particular, that I think would be the most fun in the companion. In a setting like Night City; there is tones of advanced robot AI technology. I am very shocked to see that there isn't robot AI companions. This would have been a rather cool in game purchase. To be realistic, it would probably run you a big amount of eddies; but the pay off would be incredible. In my imagination, I picture there being some big company, that V can visit during the game. Maybe it's a former Arasaka engineer that creates his own company. You can buy a variety of things such as weapons, special tech upgrades and other stuff. But one thing in particular that he has is AI robot companions that can stick by your side. You can buy a female or male companion. The fun part of the companion is them helping you in tough combat. For those who have played the hard difficulty, this would come in handy.

Aside from combat, there is a level of depth that CDPR could experiment with. In a world of advance technology, this AI companion would be capable of so much as he/she gets to know V a lot better. Before certain missions, your AI companion may ask if you'd like he/she to carry out the mission for you. In the game this would look like a girlfriend or boyfriend that wants you to be safe. Since there is Cyberwear, V could always just watch through his/her companions view; while waiting in the vehicle.

Last edited:
- More use from existing characters and locations
- Side campaign that is not centered around Arasaka
- Brain Dance side stories
- More character customization features and in game customization tweaks
- Own more than one apartment + customization
- In game companion

I feel most of these mods are things people have asked for. The Nexus Mod community has barely scraped the surface with some of these. One in particular, that I think would be the most fun in the companion. In a setting like Night City; there is tones of advanced robot AI technology. I am very shocked to see that there isn't robot AI companions. This would have been a rather cool in game purchase. To be realistic, it would probably run you a big amount of eddies; but the pay off would be incredible. In my imagination, I picture there being some big company, that V can visit during the game. Maybe it's a former Arasaka engineer that creates his own company. You can buy a variety of things such as weapons, special tech upgrades and other stuff. But one thing in particular that he has is AI robot companions that can stick by your side. You can buy a female or male companion. The fun part of the companion is them helping you in tough combat. For those who have played the hard difficulty, this would come in handy.

Aside from combat, there is a level of depth that CDPR could experiment with. In a world of advance technology, this AI companion would be capable of so much as he/she gets to know V a lot better. Before certain missions, your AI companion may ask if you'd like he/she to carry out the mission for you. In the game this would look like a girlfriend or boyfriend that wants you to be safe. Since there is Cyberwear, V could always just watch through his/her companions view; while waiting in the vehicle.
Why would you need more than one apartment? GTA apartments and/or garages make sense, because you can get so many bloody cars, you need the extra space. Here, there's really no reason. Not being able to customize an apartment too much also makes sense, as most places have regulations about decoration, etc. The only way you'd have full control is if you own it (we don't, f.y.i.) As for your companion idea, why? Sounds like you'd rather have the game do your job for you, which is boring. I want to be in the fight, not sit back and watch. That's why i hate the majority of Johnny's flashbacks. All you can do is watch most of the time, and you can't skip them. (skipping lines and just skipping the whole thing are not the same)

Why would you need more than one apartment? GTA apartments and/or garages make sense, because you can get so many bloody cars, you need the extra space. Here, there's really no reason. Not being able to customize an apartment too much also makes sense, as most places have regulations about decoration, etc. The only way you'd have full control is if you own it (we don't, f.y.i.) As for your companion idea, why? Sounds like you'd rather have the game do your job for you, which is boring. I want to be in the fight, not sit back and watch. That's why i hate the majority of Johnny's flashbacks. All you can do is watch most of the time, and you can't skip them. (skipping lines and just skipping the whole thing are not the same)

Wait there just a momement.

The companion idea, does not allow you to sit back and watch. It would give the gamer an option to play as a different character. I didn't want to type a full thesis on how the AI companion would work. To be brief; the companion would already have some decent attribute points and perks. Again, I crafted this idea for those who have played the harder difficulties. Being able to use an AI companion for harder encounters would be rather cool. It still poses a challenge if your not accurate with shooting; but at least you have some defense. So in reality, it's a choice of weather or not you'd like to use V or his/her AI companion during some missions. Not every mission will prompt the AI companion to ask if you'd like him/her to do it; which is actually you(the player) controlling her.

Aside from gameplay, think of V's finances. From a realistic view, it takes some time and craft to actually build V up. There are a lot of side missions in the game that can earn you eddies; but in reality; it's just a side hustle for the major campaign missions. Eventually you have to progress in the main campaign in order for you to unlock other side missions. I'd like the option of being able to purchase an AI companion that is equipped with some of the perks and attributes. In reality, your paying for it through the price of the AI companion. Furthermore, it would open up deeper side stories in the game, because he/she would have cyberware that allows her to further examine what V cannot see in brain dances. There is so much depth with an idea like this.

First of all, let me be clear.
I wanna pay it.
No free DLC.

We need to show support to this developer, in the end they are our friends!
They never lie to us, and they really care about us, the community.

Yeah, there is no roadmap, and no official statement, and the game was not fixed in 1 year, BUT they care.

I wanna pay it.
No free DLC.

Yeah, there is no roadmap, and no official statement, and the game was not fixed in 1 year, BUT they care.
I don't know if I should :coolstory: or :disapprove:

Honestly I just want an additional ending where I can actually save V and then roam around the city freely until I've exhausted all the sidequests in that playthrough.
Anything beyond that, to me, to me would be just icing on the cake.

A longer game in general. The Witcher 3 was one of the biggest games I’ve ever played. Cyberpunk was supposed to be as immersive and LONG. But the story mission (which was fantastic) was too short. The sides missions (which were fantastic) also, too short. This is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I can say that without batting an eye. I left 100%-ing the game snd getting every ending with all the characters make and female… and I still miss V. They did such a good job making me care about this character and ended it just as quickly as it began. We simply need MORE.

Oh, and Keanu was an absolute hit. Find a way to save Johnny’s construct, and put it in a robotic body that was built to resemble Johnny. MechaJohnny- our new Jackie. Gotta get Reeves back.

More free roam activities, more interaction with the Night city, more diverse side quest,random encounters based of player playthrough, customization, companies. 😎
Agreed on customization I wanna add more tattoos to my character and customize my car lol it would be badass if they added it.

- improve NPC spawing or add more NPCs. Too often I see the same NPC twice.
- Apartment customization
- character customization in the game
- NPC reactions to street cred. Like will they run or call reinforcements? Or up their game by switching to the bigger guns

Another thing I would like are heist like missions like in GTA V. Like a fixer contacts you with a big one, you meet him, hire a crew from his database, assign jobs during the heist, make preparations (like getting some wheels, hacking any alarms or knock out everything inside through hack or chemicals).

Some stash houses (or appartments) would be nice. Or an (underground) safe house outside the city, to stash special weapons, wheels and equiiptment.

Some more cyberware (perhaps some that combine the effects of two implants).

I have wanted one thing and one thing only since the release of the game and, as I have stated before, it is the reason I haven't touched the game in over a year now. Patch after patch after patch after update after update has come and gone and yet still here we are with CDPR not giving even the slightest of f**ks about fixing one of the biggest problems with this game:

Day 407 of there still not being any in-game way to change V's physical appearance after the intro.

:disapprove:

I have wanted one thing and one thing only since the release of the game and, as I have stated before, it is the reason I haven't touched the game in over a year now. Patch after patch after patch after update after update has come and gone and yet still here we are with CDPR not giving even the slightest of f**ks about fixing one of the biggest problems with this game:

Day 407 of there still not being any in-game way to change V's physical appearance after the intro.

Most games you can't change the characters at all, much less mid game. Even most RPG's don't let you do that. Don't bother with Skyrim, because i've played that game. You can't do it without console commands, which are PC only, or mods.

I wanna pay it.
No free DLC.

At the end of the day, a programmer or a scriptwriter tries to do the best possible job. The problem is the corporations. F*ck the corpos!.

Most games you can't change the characters at all, much less mid game. Even most RPG's don't let you do that.

Completely ignoring whether that's even a true or false statement, that's simply not the point and has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Don't bother with Skyrim, because i've played that game. You can't do it without console commands, which are PC only, or mods.

...I literally make mods for Skyrim (and other games) and you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Not only does that game contain a native way to alter physical appearance (the "Face Sculptor" in Riften), there are other methods available via mods that are available on consoles - natively via mods on xbox, and non-natively on playstation and nintendo switch with the use of certain methods. I'm even the author of a mod, Debug Menu, for xbox that specifically implements console commands based on those available on PC for players to use on said console.

But even if, even if you just put all of that aside it still doesn't change the problem that a game whose theme so strongly centers around personal choice and being who you want to be in an advanced (dystopian) future world where people can swap out body parts on a whim, for it to be lacking even the most basic configuration system for the character's appearance post-intro is disgustingly ridiculous.

At this point my expectations are so low for this game and for CDPR that I would happily settle for them just copy-pasting the appearance menu you use at the start of the game and shove in the in-game menu somewhere. I'll give up on ever having immersive ways to do it like barber shops and tattoo artists and an extra option(s) in the menu(s) of ripperdocs; I just want them to put the option somewhere in-game beyond the intro.

It's not an unreasonable expectation nor an unreasonable request in any way shape or form and if you disagree with that you are, absolutely and unequivocally, wrong.

P.s. Day 408 of there still not being any in-game way to change V's physical appearance after the intro.

Top Bottom