What do you enjoy the most in new Gwent?

+

What do you enjoy the most in new Gwent?

• Playing the game (classic mode)

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Playing the game (arena mode)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Unlocking reward book

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Single player witcher tales (Thronebreaker)

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Deck building

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Deck building has never been my favourite part of the game, but I really enjoy everything else. The Reward Book is addictive; I want more and more and more Reward Points. :p

I quite enjoy the challenge of Deck Building now. You can't really rely on a single strategy to win as there is so much removal, not only versus control decks, but with cards like Xavier Lemmens (been on the end of this a few times with my SK deck) or Kambi, and then you have to deal with Artifacts. It's hit and miss, but when it works I find it very rewarding, plus I'm sure there a lot's of card synergies that are still untouched and untested.

If CDPR get the removal balance right in coming updates I think it'll change a lot of minds over HC.

If CDPR get the removal balance right in coming updates I think it'll change a lot of minds over HC.
What is wrong with removal? I personally find it good as it is. What I find troublesome is manipulation with opponents deck. In MtG, discard and mill are the most oppressive tactics and some Nilfgard cards are quite reminding such tactic. At example
Isbel of Hagge, Traheaern Var Udyffir, Cantarella. If some players mind removal, those cards are one step above removal. At example, why Cantarella can not play copy of my card instead of card itself?

What I like in Gwent?
I like to open kegs and let me surprise with cards in them. I do not know all cards from homecoming and so many cards I see for the first time when opponent plays them or when I open them from keg. Then I like to make my decks with new cards or if I already have deck, where that new card would fit, I like improving my decks. Thinking what card would fit there and if there are more, sometimes it is hard to chose which card should be there and which card has to be returned back to collection. Yes, it is new player experience, which will not last for long time, because eventually, I will learn all cards in set and I will see the most used ones in opponents deck, but so far, Gwent is very entertaining exploration for me, so I try to enjoy it, while it lasts.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
These are my favorite changes compared to the beta:
  1. Being able to perform several actions during your turn instead of just playing a card adds a lot to the game.
  2. The rows are more interesting now.
  3. The option to save mulligans for later adds depth.
  4. The new visual style looks better, especially on stream.
  5. The new ladder and mmr system makes more sense.
  6. Provision cost makes deck building more interesting and seems like a reasonable way to balance cards.
  7. The reward book is very nice.

And by "Playing the game (classic mode)" I actually mean "crushing my opponents" (if only I draw well enough ofc;) xDDD
Totally addicted to multiplayer "thing":)

I don't particularly enjoy a R3 against two Mastercrafted Spear plus Sihil. Or playing against a Crach deck filled with Dimum Warships, Haymaey Spearmaidens and Sihil with Renew and Caretaker.
Too much removal was one of the problems with old gwent. Broken cards like Viper Witcher. No one liked it then. Many people hate to have engines or your deck strategy destroyed as soon as you drop the cards. Even worse now in homecoming.

I like the sound it makes when I close the game.
Touche.jpg

Playing Usurper + Letho of Gulet round 1 and see him take away 4+ mulligans, then give my opponent a 4 point golem, and 2 infiltrators, then see 1 in round 2 (as i dry pass) and the other 2 in round 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom