What do you guys think of Adrenaline?

+
Actually seems like that is the case from watching the dev stream again, but I could be misinterpreting it.

The way they phrase Adrenaline in the stream is that Adrenaline checks the status of your hand in the moment of playing the card, which they mention when talking about the new Viper Witcher. The confusing part for me is what you are asking in regards to more passive abilities and if they trigger multiple times provided your hand count is within that range, which they don't really mention at all if Kolgrim will trigger multiple times, or just the once.
Post automatically merged:

If Kolgrim triggered multiple times, that would just play right into tall removal anyway. Unless you play a mill deck and milled or baited all tall removal from your opponent, or just have that huge of a card advantage by some other means, he's near guaranteed to be smitten from the board at that point.

I think Kolgrim does trigger multiple times a turn, otherwise they would have given him a Deploy ability instead of a "at the end of the turn" ability.
He's a big engine at the end of the round, basically. I don't know how viable that'll be, though because as you say he'll get taken care of.

I think Kolgrim does trigger multiple times a turn, otherwise they would have given him a Deploy ability instead of a "at the end of the turn" ability.
He's a big engine at the end of the round, basically. I don't know how viable that'll be, though because as you say he'll get taken care of.
That's still the confusing part to me. Aglais is a boost "at the end of the turn" card, and she only triggers once. While hers is technically a deploy ability, I'd be more comfortable saying he triggers multiple times if they phrased it as "at the end of every turn." Though I do see what you mean by having the deploy tag like the other new cards with adrenaline.

That would also greatly change how I'm interpreting the self poison SY cards.

Last edited:
That's still the confusing part to me. Aglais is a boost "at the end of the turn" card, and she only triggers once. While hers is technically a deploy ability, I'd be more comfortable saying he triggers multiple times if they phrased it as "at the end of every turn." Though I do see what you mean by having the deploy tag like the other new cards with adrenaline.

That would also greatly change how I'm interpreting the self poison SY cards.

Aglais has Deploy: "text", Kolgrim does not.

Aglais has Deploy: "text", Kolgrim does not.
Mentioned those in my wall of text. I'm more so being a stickler for how they are wording it. Plus, compared to previous expansions, they haven't done a great job of describing their new keyword. Last expansion they dedicated a lot more time going in depth as to what each new keyword meant with it's own dedicated section of the stream. This time it was a brief 10 seconds (slightly exaggerating) while talking about a different card, which was the phrase I quoted previously.

I do see that Kolgrim would activate multiple times provided adrenaline is met now. Like how Roland would lose some coin gaining potential once your hand has dropped down enough. Makes a lot more sense now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom