What do you NOT want to see in the game?

+
Some more (i knew i forgot stuff ;))

10. Don't let us just be a 'floating head' in first person - give us a Torso, arms and legs (similar to FEAR).
11 .Don't forget killmoves - rare but still there (similar to this).
12. Don't skimp on the textures - playing Skyrim without this is never a good idea... If we have the Pc we'd like to crank it up.
13. Don't forget modders. You'd be surprised how much they can accomplish over time (my Skyrim got more than 150 mods installed), and you might even get some stuff to include in a later patch for the game... (mod of the month or so) ;)
14. Don't make endings of quests to linear - often enough there should be others interested in the outcome too - let the player choose which one to support.
15. No just 'black & white' - instead give us enough shades of gray. Often enough it should just be the choice between some evils (which could influence the continuing story later on).
16. Third person only!

- Don't appeal to the "casual" gamer. Make it hardcore.
- No fetch quests alla Skyrim.
- No combat based ONLY on stats
- No combat based ONLY on being fast with your keyboard, mouse or controller.
- No exclusives, let everyone enjoy the game.
- Don't make the game on console and then make a lazy port to the PC.
- No silly DRM or you have to be online to play.
- Don't make a huge city where you can't enter any buildings.

Can't think of more things at the moment. I trust CDPR with this game.

I don;t want the game to make major changes to Canon world, for example...

I don't want the game to make it possible to bring down Arasaka, Militech, Biotechnica,etc.... If we have to bring down a corporation in the game it should be something new.

I don't want to destroy large sections of night city (ala the nuke bullshit from Firestorm)

I don't want to see something in the game I can't get and keep.... for example a mission specific vehicle piloted by the enemy, or a gun that only some NPC has that you can never attain. Clothing worn by NPC's.... It doesn't have to be easy, but it shouldn't be impossible. And modding doesn't bloody count.

I don't want not to have a jump button.... not having a jump button makes the game suck, no matter how good the rest of it is.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but - quick time events!!! Especially the ones in the Resident Evil series are really bad - Press X not to die.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but - quick time events!!! Especially the ones in the Resident Evil series are really bad - Press X not to die.

Oh crhist how I hate that...

I especially hate it when it is presented int he form of a rhythm game... because I am white, and have the rhythm and grace of a spastic water buffalo. Do not ask me to hit x/b/a/c/a/x/x/b/c.... because I will just end up screaming FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT and throwing my controller across the room until it shatter into satisfying but ultimately depressing pieces...

Not to mention, I am so focused on trying to do that, I can't even watch what my character is doing, which is the entire goddamn point of video games.

I don't want not to have a jump button.... not having a jump button makes the game suck, no matter how good the rest of it is.
Nonsense. Jump button can actually break the game due to all sorts of glitches and AI pathfinding problems and stupid combat tactics (constant jumping). Moreover, there is always a risk of turning jumping into a standard method of movement and on its own, a jump button adds little to the game. The devs should tread carefully here...

well I can jump in Real life my character should be able to jump as well

If its THAT big of deal if a player over uses it attach some sort of Body /MA modifier so you can jump yes but not repeatedly without issues

it irks me when I cannot jump over reasonable things to get to my objective

it irks me when I cannot jump over reasonable things to get to my objective
This can be contextual. It's actually "safer" that way, it's less ridiculous and the animations are usually better.

This can be contextual. It's actually "safer" that way, it's less ridiculous and the animations are usually better.

Oh bollocks... unless for some reason the character you are playing is whelchair bound or otherwise physically handicapped, there is never a game, where you play a human being, that jumping should not be an option...

Or are you really meaning to tell me you dig 2 foot high obstacles that are impossible to cross.

If people use jumping as a combat tactic, that means they are wankers... that doesn't mean the game is faulty. As for the animations, in a game created with third person perspective, I have never seen a jumping mechanic that looked inherently problematic... the only time it does is in a game designed for FFP, in which case every bit of character movement looks uniformly stupid to me.

I'd prefer contextual simply because jumping has little place outside of hurdling objects and platforming. Sleeping Dogs or Arkham City both do a great job of allowing character movement and freedom. Dishonored did a hell of a job with it for a FP game.

Anything to do with Cybergeneration on a grand scale..... maybe a lone experiment gone wrong.
The story/outcome after the 4th corporate war (V.3 stuff)
Lack of meaningful choices in the story.
Being able to take down a megacorporation alone, though with another corporations help or at least something that makes sense then maybe.
Tons of cyberware without repercussions.
Stuck playing one type of way or skillset to accomplish the story or majority of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, they can include anything as long as it is introduced in a way that makes sense.
DX had Greys, but they did a good job at introducing those into the plot without coming off as goofy. Since there's no Area 51 in Cyberpunk 2077, least not to my knowledge, having aliens there is probably not a good idea.
Otherwise, I don't particularly want to see the so called cancers of modern gaming: cover-based combat, regenerating health, and a poorly optimized physics engine.

I forgot the most important thing at all:

17. Lack of teddy bears! Willow and i had around 200 teddy bears in our bedroom (FO New Vegas) - i want to start my collection again!

Teddy..what? What?

Well, good news and bad news. Good news is, this isn't FO New Vegas. Bad news..yeah, I got nothing.

With lots of money you could..turn yourself..into a Teddy Bear, I think? Exotics?

Feh. I dunno. I need a drink. And a cyberarm.

Teddy..what? What?

Well, good news and bad news. Good news is, this isn't FO New Vegas. Bad news..yeah, I got nothing.

With lots of money you could..turn yourself..into a Teddy Bear, I think? Exotics?

You know, you can get a leg instead, and get a wetbar option for it... then you are never without booze....

Cigarette dispenser in the arm, thumb lighter...

Vid screen tattoo on your chest...

You would be a walking party...

You know, you can get a leg instead, and get a wetbar option for it... then you are never without booze....

Cigarette dispenser in the arm, thumb lighter...

Vid screen tattoo on your chest...

You would be a walking party...

Please. Of course I know that. Cyber Wet Bar was all the rage for Rockerboys for awhile. "Never Be Sober Again!" the satiric response to Samurai "Never Fade Away". Sold hundreds.

Got ugly when our Rockerboy tried to have one put in the Solo's leg when he was under for surgery. "Oh, yeah, Doc, he totally wanted this. And have it stocked with the following, cause I run low on Sundays.."

Rockerboys. I swear.

Will never ever happen!

*hands Sardukhar a single malt*

18. Having no quality levels for equipment.
19. Not being able to modify weapons. I'd love to tinker with them... (explosives are fun too ;))

Oh, good, I needed that.

Not having drinking animations.
Not having smoking animations.
Not having drug-using animations in all their horrid detail.

a game and world like this will be rife with advertising/spam. massive skyscraper sized animated 3D holographic billboards etc, it's a part of the neon-lit, 80's homage art style that cyberpunk embraces, however, considering the title is set over 50 years into the future, i really DO NOT want to see current real-world advertising in the game. i'd much prefer more creative, original ideas, and also some tongue-in-cheek products splashed across the billboards, zeppelins, storefronts, digital frontiers etc. rather than using this kind of game as a tool for real-world companies to wedge their products into gamers living rooms.

Top Bottom