What do you think about V?

+
Hey Guys, Title says it. What do you think about V as the Main Character? I would really like to hear your opinions.

I for myself, think he/she is very good written, relatable, believeable and I genuinely cared for her/him throughout the Story. At first I wasn't really shure about creating a new Character, coming from the Witcher and Geralt. But, it played out really well and now I can't emagine playing as someone else.

What are your thoughts?

Hey,
I think the concept of V is pretty good, but I don't like how (s)he quite literally changes personalities between quests based on hardcoded motives.

V's personality should be merc + selected background, but I feel like it ranges anywhere from being an explosive maniac to an empathetic listener.

Yeah, the Lifepaths are a common complaint. And indeed they are a bit of a let down, but I still liked the dialogue options, opened up some funny Moments :)

I really liked the way V changed over time and bonded with Johnny and others. In most cases reacting like You would. You can be forgiving or ruthless. Acting selfless or trying to make a profit.

Probably my 2nd favourite character in the game

Her ability to be tough when the situation calls for it but empathic towards others she cares for as part of her core character that is truly wonderful

What do I think about V? The script defines V's personality
so, there's really no character devolvement. All of the main paths have already been
pre-selected. There really is no freedom of choice. I want more freedom to choose
V's destiny, such as taking Evelyn up on her offer and betraying Dex. Again, you are
stuck with limited options.

What do I think about V? The script defines V's personality
so, there's really no character devolvement. All of the main paths have already been
pre-selected. There really is no freedom of choice. I want more freedom to choose
V's destiny, such as taking Evelyn up on her offer and betraying Dex. Again, you are
stuck with limited options.

The alternative is morrowind/oblivion where all you can say is one word's sentences like 'map' or 'quest' etc., which I am not sure is better. Or better for character development:) Actually you don't need choices for character development - see movies/books:D
Post automatically merged:

Or maybe you mean pen and paper - in which case, I don't think the technology is here to allow us that freedom. At least I can't think of such a game.

Last edited:
The alternative is morrowind/oblivion where all you can say is one word's sentences like 'map' or 'quest' etc., which I am not sure is better. Or better for character development:) Actually you don't need choices for character development - see movies/books:D
Post automatically merged:

Or maybe you mean pen and paper - in which case, I don't think the technology is here to allow us that freedom. At least I can't think of such a game.
It's not impossible, look at the game Detroit become human. Single player yet a single choice branches out
into at least three to four different outcomes. In that game choices matter and direct the story according to the choices
you make whether good or bad.

Last edited:
It's not impossible, look at the game Detroit becoming human. Single player yet a single choice branches out
onto at least three to four different outcomes. In that game choices matter and direct the story according to the choices
you make whether good or bad. The only thing that makes V your own, is the skills you pick and their appearance.

I see....I have to take your word for it, as I have never played that game:)

In an ideal world, which probably Devs dreams about, where they would have access to unlimited amount of resources, time and money and customers are ready to pay a game whatever the cost, for sure it would be possible.
But it's not the case, CDPR already delayed the release as long as possible and we have what we have. So if all quests would have choices/impacts as the "Pick Up", we currently would still waiting to play Cyberpunk right now and the game at release, would cost at minimum, the double (for a not really longer game, just for have more choices/impacts/outcomes).

It's not impossible, look at the game Detroit become human. Single player yet a single choice branches out
into at least three to four different outcomes. In that game choices matter and direct the story according to the choices
you make whether good or bad.

Yes, you have a lot of different outcomes but you also have no open world, exploration or any rpg elements.

It's always difficult to balance things

I think V was okay. I don't rank V among the all-time great or memorable main characters though.

Geralt, Kratos, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine - those are the types of characters I view as truly iconic. It's one of the reasons I kind of prefer a "preset" main character for games rather than a build your own. Sometimes it can go horribly wrong, but when it is done right it is amazing.

Where as V, Skyrim main character person, Fallout main character person, etc. are just never very memorable to me. The people and places around me always stick more than the character I play. For instance when I think back on a Cyberpunk play through I think about Panam, Judy, Silverhand and Night City... not really about V.

But I suppose that is a personal preference thing. :)

Where as V, Skyrim main character person, Fallout main character person, etc. are just never very memorable to me. The people and places around me always stick more than the character I play. For instance when I think back on a Cyberpunk play through I think about Panam, Judy, Silverhand and Night City... not really about V.
V is somewhere in a middle of :
- "fully blank" playable characters like in Skyrim, Oblivion, Outer Worlds... impossible to quote a name, they don't have any. Generally they're not "voiced" too.
- "fully develloped" playable characters (Geralt, Lara, Shepard,...) which have a past, a background, a back story, and a voice...

So we'll probably remember V, but he/she is not really "memorable" and it's not really the goal in my opinion. Like you said, side characters are way more memorable :)

Top Bottom