What do you think about V?

+
V is definitly not me. Most of the time it's embarrassing, to hear him say things, I'd never, ever would come up with. Many years ago I played a game called Blade Runner, and it has the same system, kindda like the text-based stuff of some Dungeons and Dragons-games in DOS: I'm still not into it, and probably never will, but I do get how difficult it would be to change that into something more realistic. They need to hurry up with that AI-project, I guess :) - plug it in there, so you can speak into the microphone, and start having a personal conversation with whatever!

Guest 4412420

I wish the dialogue options were a bit more flexible and offered more varied responses, but other than that I really like V. They're a struggling underdog and it's the kind of character that's pretty easy to relate to or at least feel some level of sympathy for.

While I enjoyed Hale's Shepard immensely, I genuinely don't think it compares to Cherami's performance. I honestly think Cherami's is miles ahead and, like I said, I think Hale did an amazing job with Shepard. Both were amazing from beginning to end but I can't think of a single moment in ME1/2/3 where I can say I felt genuine pain and desperation in Shepard's voice whereas Cherami's performance was full of these moments.

A great performance.

Yeah, with CP, Cherami Leigh just did a bang up job of making her performance nice and naturalistic. Even with tiny things like saying "OK". I think my favourite bit is when she's talking to Johnny at the Pistis Sophia. Chef's kiss acting there. Carla Tassara and Matt Yang King were the other major standouts for me and I could go on and on about all 3 of them. It just blows my mind how far they can change their voices AND not fall into the trap of going overly theatrical but still maintaining a naturalistic performance.

(That being said, there were some performances that felt heightened/theatrical, which I liked too - mainly minor characters like the Scavs e.g. "I DON'T GIVE AN ASSLICKING FUCK WHAT THEY CALL YOU!")

I liked V. Though his story and personality was overshadowed by Silverhand. Which ultimately ruined the entire game for me.

It took a me a while to really let the character set in, but I like V. Both male or female, they are charming and witty enough to make me smirk. I'd say the rest of the cast you interact with are the bigger stars of the show, but so long as the vehicle isn't annoying or obnoxious I was in the clear.

In theory V is a blank slate for the player to take over and sort of role play themselves, or someone they would like to be(with). In practice, V's personality is kinda all over the place and you can see all the cut corners by CDPR.

Truly in my opinion Cyberpunk 2077 is not about V or Johnny Silverhand, its a story about how a studio can go from being on top of the world to loosing 75% of their stock price and the respect of the gamer community in a single year, quite the fall....

Last edited:
Top Bottom