What do you think if EA is thinking of acquiring CDPR?

+
What do you think if EA is thinking of acquiring CDPR?

OK this is not to inspire spark or provoke anyone. I remember Bioware was once a lone developer like CDPR.. after looking at TW2, what IF EA is actively seeking to acquire CDPR?I don't know if it's possible but it's probably gonna be suck if it's true. EA has killed alot of franchises and developers by spamming games sequel each year. Bioware is no different in my eyes.What do you think?

I don't know much about this business, but I think CD Projekt Red Studio can do really well without such a thing. Just looking at TW2, the game seems like a real pearl, and what's in it for them aside from money? I don't think that's really important for them right now since they have different goals at the moment, and are they really to risk all those goals they have? They seem to handle really well with the help of their publishing company. I trust them for now that they don't only pay attention to where the money follows, but still retain their goals for the sake of the gamers that they seem to want to please.

This is a bit like speculating when the world is going to end, if either the topic or the example were to happen, it realy is a bad thing for us.

Isn't there any good games EA published lately? I can think of one but my tastes and what games I play may not be in accordance with the other people here.

e-ahmet said:
Isn't there any good games EA published lately? I can think of one but my tastes and what games I play may not be in accordance with the other people here.
You shouldn't let other people's opinion influence what you dare to say or not.I like companies to be independent that doesnt mean I dislike EA. I have enjoyed a lot of their games and a lot of people here in my country enjoy the FIFA series. I personally liked Dante's Inferno very much. I played it on my psp, although I didn't get past that greedy pervert Alighiero. :(

The only 2 EA published games that i have bought and are happy with, was the first crysis and black & white 2.

Will never happen. They don't need to get bought out because CD Projekt is already a large company and their values are the complete opposite.

I didn't name a game because that's not the point. I think it is not all EA's fault, there are still good games published by EA. My theory is that after some time a developer saturated with money and fame so much that they don't really care much about their work anymore. They think "well, we have a name, we're big, this game will sell anyway" so they stop trying.

e-ahmet said:
I didn't name a game because that's not the point. I think it is not all EA's fault, there are still good games published by EA. My theory is that after some time a developer saturated with money and fame so much that they don't really care much about their work anymore. They think "well, we have a name, we're big, this game will sell anyway" so they stop trying.
Yea, unfortunately that something that happens a lot. It's in human nature unfortunately. Just look at the last FIFA world cup in South Africa 2010 when Brazil lost from the Dutch. They were so full of themselves that they didn't show enough dedication to win again, so they lost. :)So all in all mistakes are good from time to time to remember your goals and values again.

From what i've seen with EA they are mostly interested in annual profit and by churning out repetitive yearly games. Look at Sims, Need for Speed, Sports game and more.They probably PAY more attention to big money grabbers like the Call of Duty franchise and they openly compete now with Battlefield 3..Honestly i'm really bored with most of the good titles are shooters.. At least thank CDPR we have a good RPG like the Witcher 2.

These days, it seems that if a corporation waves enough cash in front of someone's face, they'll sell out. I think that's what Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk (co-founders of Bioware) did. Can I blame them? Probably not. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I can pontificate and say that I'd never do that. But, I don't know what their financial situation was. It could have been a necessary evil or just plain greed. Am I disappointed? Yes! Therefore, if CDPR were to sell out, I'd be disappointed yet again. But, I would also "wait and see". If CDPR were to make the same mistakes as Bioware, it would be a long time before I'd consider buying their games again.

EA is not half as bad as people portray it. But CD Project is not likely to get bought. I don't think they need it and wouldn't want to anyway.

archaven said:
From what i've seen with EA they are mostly interested in annual profit and by churning out repetitive yearly games. Look at Sims, Need for Speed, Sports game and more.They probably PAY more attention to big money grabbers like the Call of Duty franchise and they openly compete now with Battlefield 3..Honestly i'm really bored with most of the good titles are shooters.. At least thank CDPR we have a good RPG like the Witcher 2.
You sure?Coz in this case, they wouldn't financing a game like Alice Madness Returns, which is more than elitist and I'm afraid it won't bring them so many bucks.Also, EA is still publishers of an awesome RPG like ME.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
You sure?Coz in this case, they wouldn't financing a game like Alice Madness Returns, which is more than elitist and I'm afraid it won't bring them so many bucks.Also, EA is still publishers of an awesome RPG like ME.
The first ME was not published by EA if i'm not mistaken. Honestly, ME2 was not much better in my own opinion. ME2 graphics, mostly Shepard's crew look detail and beautiful but apart from that all others NPC doesn't look that good or detail. Most of the locations in ME are small and the game is very linear to me. It has choices, i agree but the overall level design of each area are really small to what i've portray it. I much like ME storyline on how the Shepard first became the SPECTRE!. I actually shed tears when i first saw such a brilliant cinematic and motivational leader. I don't have that same feeling with ME2 though.

The same way I feel about when another polish developer "People can fly" got fooled into the chuckles of horror by Epic game and what we got from a fun game like Painkiller, we then became "rewarded" with a game like Bulletstorm.So yea... Not too much love. I would also point out that both Amnesia Dark Descent and Minecraft are both two games that was one of the best games released in 2010 (if you can consider Minecraft a game) and they were made by extremely small companies.You don't have to study too much marketing to realize that monopoly is bad (in general) and free competition (I'm not sure that free competition is the proper term in english, I just translated it straight of.) is good for both the economy and the customer.

Amnesia Dark Descent is probably thee most scary jumpy game that i have ever played, i think the fact you cannot attack adds so much more to the sheer horror of being chased down a corridor by someone intent on ripping your throat out.Minecraft is very good although i am yet to buy the full version, i have only watched videos :)

secondchildren said:
Nope. ME is published by EA.
I remember Mass Effect 1 was originally xbox360 exclusive.. After a couple of years then it was ported to PC probably before EA acquisition. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

archaven said:
archaven said:
I remember Mass Effect 1 was originally xbox360 exclusive.. After a couple of years then it was ported to PC probably before EA acquisition. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
your partly correctyes it was a 360 exclusive, ported to pc 6 mths later, microsoft published the 360 (which is why no ps version), EA the pc (they'd bought bioware 2 mths earlier)

archaven said:
archaven said:
Yes, but it's still a good RPG. One of the greatest actually (I mean lately done by Bioware). The fact that EA is more console oriented or just publishers or some games like DA2, FIFA, Need for Speed, doesn't mean that EA is devil. It's just a publisher like many other. Some games are nice, some are simply awful. It's up to you to decide which one choose.And again, EA is the publisher of American McGee's Alice too, which is more than an elitistic game.

Top Bottom