What do you think is gonna be first to get a hotfix?

+
To those complaining about Viy decks, i got something prepared for later today to help you all out.

You guys are sleeping on the most OP card and the most toxic. Vypper

Oh, you think I'm joking?

There's the most evil and hatefull combo with Vypper which is so OP and broken I can't even comment about it, just so nobody else figures it out.
Judging from the number of times I had to see it, I think people figured it out

Judging from the number of times I had to see it, I think people figured it out
Funny and creative deck, but definitely not meta-breaking :)
Requires a significant amount of setup. Just as Viy decks, it builds on one single card, however this one has a lot more weak points overall.

Seems our ideas of "funny and creative" might not be the same.
Well, certainly, fun is a subjective term - however I believe it would be harsh to deny the creative thinking behind this concept. A difficult combo to pull in R1, but if successful and and all the constellations are there, it more or less autowins a short R2 and R3. A true meme deck.

Funny and creative deck, but definitely not meta-breaking :)
Requires a significant amount of setup. Just as Viy decks, it builds on one single card, however this one has a lot more weak points overall.

It is memey and draw dependant, but going 8 cards down in R1 and then winning up to 4 card advantage in R2(or 2-0), should not be possible.

viper witcher mentor is the most broken bronze in the game change my mind
Most of the time this card plays for a 10 for 6 which is in line with a greatsword, and sometimes fallen knight last patch found way further value. couple that fact with the fact that you need to set up the top deck a turn before, and opponent has a chance to counter for a turn (unless you use location order and a vpm on the same turn) these facts make it, imo, not the most broken bronze in the game.

It is memey and draw dependant, but going 8 cards down in R1 and then winning up to 4 card advantage in R2(or 2-0), should not be possible.
This might come as an odd question, but why shouldn't it be possible?
As long as it is hard to pull off, and comes at a crippling deckbuilding cost with 90% useless cards outside this scenario, with mutiple points for the opponent to stop the whole story - I believe a few of these unique plays are tolerable :)

This might come as an odd question, but why shouldn't it be possible?
As long as it is hard to pull off, and comes at a crippling deckbuilding cost with 90% useless cards outside this scenario, with mutiple points for the opponent to stop the whole story - I believe a few of these unique plays are tolerable :)
What are the 90% useless cards here? Stefan and Damien? Coup de Grace? Idarran? Siegfried? And going down to zero cards after your opponent passed to get 50 points carryover doesn't really qualify to me as "hard to pull off." It's a toxic deck, which admittedly fits the faction.

how does the squirrel do anything when you have 7 vipers in YOUR Graveyard?
The opponent can use it to banish your first Vypper after you discard it. I'm only basing this on what Gyg wrote as I have yet to encounter a single Vypper so I'm not entirely sure what the gameplan is.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, you're missing something :D.
Please enlighten me then.

The opponent can use it to banish your first Vypper after you discard it. I'm only basing this on what Gyg wrote as I have yet to encounter a single Vypper so I'm not entirely sure what the gameplan is.
Post automatically merged:

Please enlighten me then.
When you discard it, there's no other card in your graveyard, so it pops at the end of your turn onto your opponent's side of the board. There's nothing to squirrel.

When you discard it, there's no other card in your graveyard, so it pops at the end of your turn onto your opponent's side of the board. There's nothing to squirrel.
And then you need a sequence of at least 4-5 steps flawlessly to build up the "dreaded" scenario of 5+ Vyppers. If your opponent can remove a defender, OR your draw was suboptimal, you just lose, easy as that.

What are the 90% useless cards here? Stefan and Damien? Coup de Grace? Idarran? Siegfried?
Yes, exactly. You won't win a single game against anyone with just those in hand if your Vypper copy-chain gets disrupted right at the start (killing Damien being the key part in this).

Long story short, as long as it is not getting meta-dominant (which it never will), it will not be changed in my opinion. You have all the rights to hate it though.

Ah right, Vypper is similar to Kolgrim another "Pass and you lose, unless [insert super answer like Yrden]", Swim would be proud.

There's only 1 counter, to kill the snake on your side of the board, but with 7 power and 2 armor, few things can. The absolute best counter would be to run decoy and just decoy the snake, since it's doomed you will get another unit and banish the Vypper

Oh okay I see so you just discard it from hand 1st turn. I guess the Squirrel still works if the opponent didn't draw the Vypper and is forced to tutor it out. Another counter would be dealing with it similarly to NG Operator decks so somehow removing the initial Vypper from your side of the board with stuff like consume, Vilgefortz even a Curse of Corruption could work.

There's only 1 counter, to kill the snake on your side of the board, but with 7 power and 2 armor, few things can. The absolute best counter would be to run decoy and just decoy the snake, since it's doomed you will get another unit and banish the Vypper
Heatwave or any consume card.
Also identifying those decks is not difficult, if they just play a -7 card that should give it away.

And then you need a sequence of at least 4-5 steps flawlessly to build up the "dreaded" scenario of 5+ Vyppers. If your opponent can remove a defender, OR your draw was suboptimal, you just lose, easy as that.

Yes, exactly. You won't win a single game against anyone with just those in hand if your Vypper copy-chain gets disrupted right at the start (killing Damien being the key part in this).

Long story short, as long as it is not getting meta-dominant (which it never will), it will not be changed in my opinion. You have all the rights to hate it though.
I think you mean killing Stefan, though I personally feel like killing Idarran is the key. But yeah, between defender, Idarran, who spams Vyppers and Skellen, who spams echo cards, which spam Vyppers, you have just about as many things to disrupt as the NG player steps to build. The trouble with this is that NG player's deck is built for that, and yours is not. Anyway, it annoyed me enough to make me tech Igni and Ida into the deck, but like other similar toxic decks, it's just not enjoyable to play against. You either counter it or you don't. There's no "chess match," no battle of skills. That's why I personally don't like these decks.

The absolute best counter would be to run decoy and just decoy the snake, since it's doomed you will get another unit and banish the Vypper

Doomed units can be placed in the deck though, they only get banished when they move to the graveyard while doomed. That's how I use my coated weapons and viper witcher to put doomed tokens on top of the deck to mess up draws.

Doomed units can be placed in the deck though, they only get banished when they move to the graveyard while doomed. That's how I use my coated weapons and viper witcher to put doomed tokens on top of the deck to mess up draws.
That is wrong.
Decoy will banish it.
The cards you mentioned do this by spawning new copies in those specific locations, they do not involve a doomed unit leaving the board.

Top Bottom