What do you think of the conversations and moments that are continuously repeated within Cyberpunk 2077?

+
This is an issue that harms immersion and gameplay quality and has not been fixed yet.

I'm a big fan and that's why I think it's necessary to open this thread and discuss this issue with you and also in the hope that someone from CDPR will read it.

Loop of conversations and sequences repeated by the same npcs.

Every time we enter or leave our apartment in building 10 we see two policemen with a thief on the ground arrested. How many months are they going to have the thief detained on the ground?

When we enter or leave building 10 we have to listen to the conversation of two seated policemen. And the conversation is always the same. It repeats itself exactly the same every time we pass by it.

If we go to the building where the "cloud" is, when we go up we will find two inhabitants of Night City talking about sleeping with a doll is not infidelity. And every time I go back to the building I run into them and the same conversation starts.

When we enter Lizzie they always tell us "what a pretty face you have".

And I could go on listing repeated dialogs that do nothing but annoy and make you feel like you're in a very limited game on npc dialog options.

Wouldn't it give the game more quality to live those conversations just once? What is the point of repeating them to us over and over again? They are very annoying when you have already heard them once and the animation is already consumed. I would love for them to be generated only once or if you want to give more quality to the immersion that different conversations are generated by different npcs, but not always the same conversation and by the same characters.

What do you think of this defect that Cyberpunk 2077 has?

I am aware that there is still a lot to improve, but this is something that should not be ignored.

agree. The 2 police officers for example, it carries from act 1 to act 2, so at least for weeks they are there analysing that report. Some of them like the clouds one should happen on the mission and that's it...
Yep, I agree, the same for the woman yelling at her husband in JIG JIG Street.
But that's "polishing" work, maybe later they will "rework" that (but there are plenty, so it represent a lot of work).

When we enter or leave building 10 we have to listen to the conversation of two seated policemen. And the conversation is always the same. It repeats itself exactly the same every time we pass by it.
I remember the first time I heard it. I was like "wow, cdpr is pulling a nice quest here"... Such a naive guy...

I agree @LeKill3rFou. But they should only set the sequence to fire once. They create those animations to get a greater immersion in the city, but by letting it repeat continuously they are getting the opposite effect, it is annoying, not pleasant at all.

I want a higher quality of immersion and certainly fixing this helps to improve it.Hopefully it's not so much work, it will make our experience in Night City more enjoyable.

What do you think of this defect that Cyberpunk 2077 has?
Hey,
to put it shortly, I think the things you mentioned - like dialogues, NPC spawns,... - would profit from being connected to something, anything really - like a PoI, quest, new dialogue option,...

The police dialogue could lead to a quest available only (pre) act 1.
The Lizzie security girls could react to V's friendship with Judy (pre-Heist, Evelynn, freeing Clouds, romance, leaving Mox,...) or Susie (comments on the argument), or some quests (there's at least one about getting into Mox warehouse,...)
The horny guy could ask V for money to buy another doll or something - and then he could e.g. just disappear or steal/give away his VIP card to V on a way to Woodman,...

In general, I like when dialogues that imply some (indirect) consequence, option, or enrich the playthrough because of being actually useful/informative/... - I am always kind of disappointed after listening to some quite a long dialogue just to find it doesn't change or mean anything to the player.

I think that e.g. Gothic's system could be a step in the right direction - at least to have localized dialogues with common questions - or dialogues per NPC (group) - e.g. ask NCPD patrols about crimes in a location, which would eventually lead to the already existing quests from yet another angle,...

And what about people who miss it the first time or dont pay attention while in the main quest? Many people complain that the city is empty and leaving it more empty is not the solution... These dialogues are placeholders for something.
You also end up hearing the same dialogue from random npcs on the streets over and over if you play long enough.
Moving those code strings around calls for more bugs too xd.

And what about people who miss it the first time or dont pay attention while in the main quest? Many people complain that the city is empty and leaving it more empty is not the solution... These dialogues are placeholders for something.
You also end up hearing the same dialogue from random npcs on the streets over and over if you play long enough.
Moving those code strings around calls for more bugs too xd.
No, but the problem that I mention is because you stand in front of them and they have the conversation between them and if you come back a few days later, the same conversation is activated again. It doesn't make sense, you shouldn't see exactly the same thing again, it's better that it doesn't happen repeatedly.

I am not talking about the npcs that walk the streets, I am talking about the npcs that are posted in certain places in the city and that repeat the same conversation that they want you to hear and so on to infinity and beyond.

Of course I want a city that is alive and full of interesting little conversations, but if you have already seen and lived that moment with those characters, do not repeat it ad infinitum. I think what you get is subtract immersion with each repetition.
Post automatically merged:

The excellent quality of the game in many aspects makes any situation that is not up to the level make you feel that at some point CDPR considered that this was not important, maybe because they had little time?

So now that they have time to do the development and improvements that are missing, this issue is not something that a capricious fan says, I really think it is wrong and annoying in this game.

I am referring to the conversations they have in certain places in Night City where the same npcs are always waiting for you to walk by them. When you walk past them they always trigger the same conversation and make you want to pull out the gun and end their endless loop suffering.

Hahaha I know what you're saying. I think fans go around the city a lot...and I get the feeling that deep down it was thought of as a one-time experience in development. That explains a lot of things.
Night City invites you to spend hours and hours on its streets, this is not Doom 3 where going back stops making sense.

I agree @LeKill3rFou. But they should only set the sequence to fire once. They create those animations to get a greater immersion in the city, but by letting it repeat continuously they are getting the opposite effect, it is annoying, not pleasant at all.

I want a higher quality of immersion and certainly fixing this helps to improve it.Hopefully it's not so much work, it will make our experience in Night City more enjoyable.
Yeah I agree, that's annoying after two, three, four,... times ;)
I would be definitely better if they are played once (at least, even with a condition : if the player have exhausted the dialogue).
But there are plenty and "modify" each one around the city could take a "good" while honestly :)

Yeah I agree, that's annoying after two, three, four,... times ;)
I would be definitely better if they are played once (at least, even with a condition : if the player have exhausted the dialogue).
But there are plenty and "modify" each one around the city could take a "good" while honestly :)

Didn't the developers know they were creating an open world where players can return to the same places over and over again? I don't believe it, it seems more like unfinished work or that all of Night City is a stage to tell a story and once it's over, goodbye, go to another game.

We would be talking about a totally wasted game. It has unlimited potential, I guess you are already aware of the monster you have created and that the thousands of players ask you to feed and make one of the biggest in history.

@LeKill3rFou we have to continue giving encouragement, thanks, support but also demanding corrections and improvements that are missing.

Listen to the players, after 1.5 I have no doubts, but we are still in the middle of the road, there is still development for sure. And in the final version this corrected detail would be a +1 for Cyberpunk.

If you want my honest opinion the open world is poorly glued to the campaign. There was a moment in development where things went wrong and they decided to make it a 30-hour experience or so where the city is only a big beautiful stage. A stage with optional things to do and shops, but a stage.
Maybe time was an issue, right.
I know a lot of us explore every last corner of Night City, but I don't think we're the vast majority of players.
That being said, it's my favorite game of all time and of course I see the unlimited potential, I wish investors had seen it too.
In the ideal world this game would receive weekly content and updates :cry: .
The latest patch is on the right track at the very least.

Didn't the developers know they were creating an open world where players can return to the same places over and over again? I don't believe it, it seems more like unfinished work or that all of Night City is a stage to tell a story and once it's over, goodbye, go to another game.

We would be talking about a totally wasted game. It has unlimited potential, I guess you are already aware of the monster you have created and that the thousands of players ask you to feed and make one of the biggest in history.

@LeKill3rFou we have to continue giving encouragement, thanks, support but also demanding corrections and improvements that are missing.

Listen to the players, after 1.5 I have no doubts, but we are still in the middle of the road, there is still development for sure. And in the final version this corrected detail would be a +1 for Cyberpunk.
Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for ;)
I just point out that it would require a fair amount of work and it could be at the bottom on the "to-do" list for now.
Anyway, all who could make the game better, I'm for (even what seem to me the least "important").

If you want my honest opinion the open world is poorly glued to the campaign. There was a moment in development where things went wrong and they decided to make it a 30-hour experience or so where the city is only a big beautiful stage. A stage with optional things to do and shops, but a stage.
I know a lot of us explore every last corner of Night City, but I don't think we're the vast majority of players.
That being said, it's my favorite game of all time and of course I see the unlimited potential, I wish investors had seen it too.
Totally agree. I started to have that feeling when I had already played 50 hours. A mix that, as you say, doesn't quite work: a limited number of stories in a city that wants to have a life of its own but doesn't have one yet. These talented guys from CDPR need to prepare the city for endless content from modders. We can live thousands more stories and the conversation loops should disappear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for ;)
I just point out that it would require a fair amount of work and it could be at the bottom on the "to-do" list for now.
Anyway, all who could make the game better, I'm for (even what seem to me the least "important").
@LeKill3rFou you are one of the most active or the most active in the Forum, you have all my respect and I will always agree with you, have no doubts Choom.

Could it be thought that CDPR has created too big a game that it can't handle?

I don't see a better marketing strategy for investors: Do you want a game with content and development for the next 10 years? It has been a success and we will make it continue to be a success. Here it is players and investors, we are going to make Cyberpunk even bigger and better. If they know how to develop this game, they would keep us all hooked on Night City for as long as they wanted, because we all want to have amazing experiences in video games (and in our real lives). And the playground has already been created and I suppose that they have already realized it.

Last edited:
you know when leaving Vs apartment on the way to Wilsons, on the corner before the gym there is a table with 2 npcs sitting and talking. And they have at least 3 different dialogues. I think more. If this is how it was done with the others it would be way better

Of all the repeating ones, the ones bound to be noticed by the majority of players are the ones around V's appartment: the two police officers outside V's apartment building, and Wilson shouting the exact same thing after you each time you get within a city block of his location. Those two really started grating after a while. The two officers (and the thief take-down) feel like an oversight (or an "we're out of time, welp"), I think they were intended to only be there between the initial mission with Jackie (they are not there before that mission) and The Heist.

Most of the other ones are noticeable, but not quite as annoying as there's less reason to visit those locations over and over, quite unlike the place where we live... Of course, wouldn't exactly mind those getting addressed either, but if I have to pick, the stuff around V's appartment would be my focus.

Not sure if any of the new appartment locations suffer the same fate, as I started a new playthrough and do not have access to them yet (taking my time before starting The Heist), but clearly, the same applies there. These are locations that will be constantly revisited by players so any looping dialogue in those locations is bound to stand out like a sore thumb.

Last night I was able to verify something that is not corrected either, it is the npcs that commit suicide in Night City. It is another animation prepared for us to see.

Some of the times that I have found them walking around the city, I have heard the cry of falling but nobody falls, I look up and see the npc floating in the air.

For some reason it gets stuck on the drop and the sequence doesn't complete. The suicide of the inhabitants of Night city is an interesting detail, but seeing it floating in the air is another punch in the face.

Please need fixing, just like the npcs that we find in the air levitating or those that have half their body stuck inside the floor or the wall. Also very annoying to see two npcs merging.

I think it's good that we talk about these little details that make us all laugh but take away from the realism of the game.

Top Bottom