What do you think of the conversations and moments that are continuously repeated within Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Well those too but I was referring to the two cops eating at the food stand on the bottom floor of V's Megabuilding. :D
"So, you're ready to talk about last night" or something like that.
That's what I was explaining above. It's not any sort of "bug" -- it's a very intentional design decision. You can find many scenes throughout NC that will repeat like this every time you pass by. They only change when the entire world-state changes at key points during the main quest.

I don't think they had much alternative to a few scripted, repeating dialogues. The voice acting in so many different languages creates a serious hurdle to rich ambient dialogue. In addition, to avoid having the player hear the same line repeated by a pair of NPCs, each NPC (or group of NPCs) would need to maintain a permanent array of spoken dialogue. I guess that would be feasible for the PC version of the game, but it's a big memory tax on old-gen consoles, which already are taxed by the game almost beyond their capacity to handle it.

Tbh most games that has a huge amount of VA tend too "reuse" the same voice actors for non essential npcs and so on. Also some companys try too keep the same VA for multiple games because they are loved by the "community". Jenifer Hale for bioware for example. They also do smaller parts as npcs and so on, you dont need 1 VA for every npc that way and it saves costs.

im actually against translating games into this menny languages. Its cool that they did it but seems like a waste when they could make do with english + subtitles and a few choice major languages. Its the same for me as it is with anime for example. The dub is never as good, so i prefer subs too dubs in general. Thats pretty much how i learned english at a young age.

im actually against translating games into this menny languages. Its cool that they did it but seems like a waste when they could make do with english + subtitles and a few choice major languages.
When it's "bad" (like in ME1), I really agree, VO+subtittles is always way better.
But in my opinion, when it's well done (very well done in CDPR games, TW/Cyberpunk) it's way better and much more confortable to play. Subtittles doesn't really reflect many of language implied/effects/expressions. And it's very hard/impossible to read when you there are actions to do at the same time (during a pursuite/fights in Rockstar games for example).
It's maybe just me, but reading subtitles is damn distracting. I have the impression to miss a lot of thing which happen on screen :)

And about CDPR games, I don't plan to learn Polish, so I'm fine with a french version :)

Last edited:
When it's "bad" (like in ME1), I really agree, VO+subtittles is always way better.
But in my opinion, when it's well done (very well done in CDPR games, TW/Cyberpunk) it's way better and much more confortable to play. Subtittles doesn't really reflect many of language implied/effects/expressions. And it's very hard/impossible to read when you there are actions to do at the same time (during a pursuite/fights in Rockstar games for example).
It's maybe just me, but reading subtitles is damn distracting. I have the impression to miss a lot of thing which happen on screen :)

And about CDPR games, I don't plan to learn Polish, so I'm fine with a french version :)
I can kinda understand that but since i live in a country that has a very small population and a language that isent widespread i hade too learn english or perish. I would not play a game in my native language dub even if it was made. Too each there own tho, but there's a reason most games don't do complete VA translations. Its very expencive and takes a long time too do.

Too each there own tho, but there's a reason most games don't do complete VA translations. Its very expencive and takes a long time too do.
True ;)
It's very expensive, but it's so well done in CDPR games... So if you play a game after (with a story obviously^^), it seem just a shame, annoying and distracting to have to read subtitles :(
(And generally, frenchies like to complains I suppose, but in reviews, it's often "Bad, no french version...")

Just one example, I played Yakuza LAD a little. I started with VO (japanese) because I had read that it was much better than the English version (no French). But no way, I switched quickly to english because I had to always focus on subtitles to manage to understand something (I don't understand anything in Japanese^^).

Last edited:
That's what I was explaining above. It's not any sort of "bug" -- it's a very intentional design decision.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. After all, games like CP2077, Skyrim, Fallout ect. are full of these scenarios.
Hence my original opinion was that it doesn't bother me since I'm so used to hearing the same dialogue repeat in games.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. After all, games like CP2077, Skyrim, Fallout ect. are full of these scenarios.
Hence my original opinion was that it doesn't bother me since I'm so used to hearing the same dialogue repeat in games.
It doesn't bug me, either. I love the scenes the first few times I hear them, and then I have no problem just tuning them out after that. I definitely prefer the approach to the inane, random comments in other open-world games.

Honestly, though, I like the way Assassin's Creed handles it best. Massive crowds of people that just go about their business and only interact with you if you interact with them.

Guest 3847602

No problem whatsoever for me with repeated conversations between unnamed NPCs. I'd hate it if I could hear them talking only once per playthrough. I could get distracted with any number of things and miss my sole chance of hearing the dialogue.
Besides, one of my favourite activities in TW3's Blood and Wine expansion is going to the tourney ground and listening to the bugged barrel lady:

No problem whatsoever for me with repeated conversations between unnamed NPCs. I'd hate it if I could hear them talking only once per playthrough. I could get distracted with any number of things and miss my sole chance of hearing the dialogue.
Yep, and there are already many NPC dialogues which happen only once. I suppose, plenty of players never heard them (or paid attention).
Few examples :
  • The girl (Mox) who discuss with her father in Aaron building and explain to him how she prefer to choke on a stranger's cock with Moxes rather than work in the factory that slowly killed her mother (Gig: Scrolls before Swine).
  • The two guys who argue and end up shooting each other when exiting Fingers clinic on Jig-Jig Street (Disasterpiece).
  • The two guys who said that "see" a doll, it's not really cheating their wifes because dolls don't have a "brain", so it's like sophisticated masturbation (Automatic Love).
  • The two girls who take a photo with Garry the first time that you meet him, if you stay long enough instead of following Jackie in Misty's shop (The Ripperdoc)
  • The two cops at the entrance to Afterlife discussing why they can't do anything about Rogue because she's the queen of Afterlife (first visit to the the AfterLife in Act 2).
  • The group of nomads who want to leave the camp because Saul was kidnapped by the Wraiths, before changing their minds (Riders On The Storm).
  • And so on...........

Last edited:
And isn't it better to listen to an interesting conversation once and only if the player gets close enough to the npc (which assumes that he is interested in knowing more).

Listened to the conversation should be deactivated forever.

Also, if you didn't stop to listen or the chat goes dead after a mission, you always have the ability to replay Cyberpunk 2077 from the beginning and watch it.

There are many generic conversations that it seems perfect to me that they be repeated, because they don't bother, but those conversations that intentionally want to be heard, once I hear them and know them I don't want to hear them again, I want a living city not a loop.

Too bad if people don't wait to listen to npc conversations, but if you do stop and listen to them, don't repeat them to me please.

With the expansions and the development of the modders, Night City will surely be much richer in content, we do not need loops.

Top Bottom