I watched and I've unfortunately had to agree with most of his points, there was a great opportunity with TW3 combat and I feel as if CDPR didn't fulfilled it at all, it even feels sometimes like a clunkily controlled AC combat
I have suggested in the comments idea as to how to fix it, ill paste it here:
- fix the targeting Uhm...there's nothing to fix. The hard lock is meant for 1 vs 1 fights. For 1 vs multiple enemies fights there is the soft lock.
- make the enemy AI more aggressive, and in groups will be able to flank (I mean really, Skyrim did this I'm sure The Witcher can) I agree.
- make the enemies able to riposte after couple of Geralt swings (like in The Witcher 2) I agree
- blocking should cost stamina (or another additional bar for that matter), and be less and less effective after each enemy consecutive swing I agree
- maybe even a make the dodges cost stamina I disagree. The entire system is based on dodge, and if it is cost stamina, there it would be really slow and a real pain in the ass. It would be better make the roll cost stamina
Agree with you Moonknight , however i could go with somethink to make Dodge Less spamable, or at least make the frames for the enemy to hit us be much much lower. Game gives you a whole second to think, if you go alchemy path it even slows down time, plain ridiculous.