What do you think the next witcher tale can improve from thronebreaker?

+
^This
Personally I feel like the story isn't tied too good with the battles. Like when the story describes "The soldiers are tired, you lost half your men etc etc" and here you are doing absolutly fine in the battles.
Second is the unbeatable combos. The NPCs are suppose to be good, but some of them can form combos that are impossible for AI to beat.

What do you all think?

I was very disappointed with thronebreaker. The gameplay itself was sooooo much more dull than I thought it was going to be especially with the puzzles. It felt so childlike in difficulty that I was usually shaking my head at how dull the game was. It was so weird how this was supposed to be gwent gameplay and yet battle after battle only had 1 round?? That isn't Gwent and it felt really inconsistent.

I also got really annoyed at how the game seemed to tell me that I made a bad decision whenever it asked me to choose something. It said something like "You chose one evil for another". I'm not sure what the game meant by that but every time I saw it was annoying because it always felt like I was being criticized for what I chose.

Oh and I was playing on the updated Bonebreaker difficulty. It didn't feel difficult. Looked like they just slapped armor and some points on the enemies and expected that to work out.

Definitely there should be repercussions for certain decisions, like storming a fort FTGJ (apart from losing morale at times, which is hardly an impediment) or taking a round-out route in the swamps in order to beat up another monster and loot corpses. I kinda get why CDPR have done otherwise, but it feels more fairytale-like than it should be. Also, the "human" resource (don't know how it is called in the English version, I played all Russian, voices aside) seems to be inexhaustible, unless maybe you constantly try out new decks and max all your cards up to 5. I understand why they chose this design over others, but then again, it is a bit unrealistic, given that you lead a relatively small band of rebels and insurgents and not an army. I think that in this instance the game should make a player to be more picky and strategic about their choices. I think maybe the whole morale concept should be reworked and maybe transformed into a scale of some sort so that your decisions would have a more lasting effect and you'd have to modify your modus operandi accordingly, just like any ruler or leader, in that regard, must do to stay afloat. When you send out a reconnaissance command, maybe it would be best if sometimes they didn't return due to various scripted reasons (like being killed by a Squirrel arrow or something) and you'd lose a couple of recruites. And finally, while some puzzles are very enjoyable, some (especially in endgame) make an impression of having been put together in a great rush to fill space no matter the quality.

However, despite all of my criticism, this is still a great and enticing game that made me consider starting to play Gwent standalone for a change, which, after all, was the chief reason it was designed in the first place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom