What do you think would be the focus of FT patch coming in April?

+

rrc

Forum veteran

So, we are getting 12 faction cards - should be 2 for each faction - and 9 Neutral cards :eek:. So, what do think will the faction cards support? And why so many neutrals? If the focus is on neutrals, would Devotion get a buff? If I have to guess:

ST: Dwarves - lets be honest here. 'CDPR hates harmony' is meme come true and I think the focus would be on Dwarves.
SK: Warriors. Self wound, Alchemy, and Rain all has powerful decks and are competitive. Warriors were the devs most favorite archetype when they dominated for months and months and was only made weaker due to more broken/op cards, not because they were nerfed.
NR: Something for Inspired/Boost based decks? Uprising was bloody strong for several seasons, but then it is no where to be seen. So, may be something for this archetype?
SY: Anything for Cutups may be? Bounty has enough support (and still it sucks though), Tribute, Intimidate, Firesworm all have had their attention (successfully or not is a question though).
NG: I don't know what else can NG have which an overtake Assimilate. They would have to introduce a much broken card than Artard for NG players to play something else. Spy had had its support. May be Warriors?
MO: Swarm? Vampires, Wild Hunt and Deathwish all had got the attention (again, not successfully I might say so). So, time for AQ to shine?

But 9 Neutrals is a concern for me. Already Devotion sucks and the payoff is very small. I would think they would be 4 Legendary, 4 Epic and 1 Bronze (or all 9 being Legendary/Epic). I think they would add a new keyword for this expansion. I was wondering if they keyword would be something like "if this is the only neutral in your deck, win one round" something like that. Discouraging to put Oneiro, HW in all the decks. Just guessing.

What do you think?

Focus? There will be no focus. :coolstory:

Instead, it will be a drop of a bunch of OP cards that will break the game once again and will be gradually balanced for the next few months.

Also, in my mirror ball I see that new cards for a faction will not support a specific archetype within that faction. It will be more like a few individual cards that could be applied, for example, to both dwarves and elves decks in ST.

Last edited:
More decent Dwarf support would be very welcome.
Warriors would also be cool to return to the spotlight (although not above the other archetypes).

[...]

MO: Swarm? Vampires, Wild Hunt and Deathwish all had got the attention (again, not successfully I might say so). So, time for AQ to shine?

[...]
The Wild Hunt and Deathwish support/changes did nothing though, so I would prefer it if they fix those before moving to something else.

These new cards better be f-ing amazing! This is supposed to be the biggest card-drop this year, so i'm afraid we're in for a boring year. Hopefully next year they'll finaly realize that reworks don't make up for lack of new content.

I suspect they'll introduce some new neutra-focused mechanic: neutral devotion or something like that. Which means the new neutrals should have some synergy with the old ones = bandits or witchers or armor. Maybe Renfri gets added to the game? :)

NG - soldiers? Please? Or maybe reveal? And nerf Assimilate ffs!
MO - swarm seems like a safe bet, devs haven't touched it in a long time and the deck is already pretty neutral heavy.
NR - shields or deckbuff?
ST - harmony, it has to be!
SY - i hope for some armor shenanigans.
SK - could be anything.

Top Bottom