What do you want from Cyberpunk 2077 Expansions? (Spoilers)

+
All I want is the world it was sold to me in the book "The World of Cyberpunk 2077"

Braindances. I want to see the consequences of character watching too much braindance or raw-braindance.
I want to be afraid of Scavengers trying to steal my cyberwares or my organs.
I want to see crazy people attacking me because cyber-psychosis or any other addiction
I want to be able to purchase Trauma Team membership and see them trying to rescue me when I need it
I want to be able to exterminate an entire gang just to see a rival one take its place

I want to Night City punish you if you are naive

I want to play all the "6 months later" that was compressed in that montage

Then they have plenty of time to patch up this game from the piece of coal that it is to the diamond its supposed to be.

I think that all Expansions are on hold until they get it back on Playstation's store.
Post automatically merged:

That actually happens in the game.

I want to see crazy people attacking me because cyber-psychosis or any other addiction

You have 19 fights with cyberpsychos.

All I want is the world it was sold to me in the book "The World of Cyberpunk 2077"

Braindances. I want to see the consequences of character watching too much braindance or raw-braindance.
I want to be able to purchase Trauma Team membership and see them trying to rescue me when I need it
I want to be able to exterminate an entire gang just to see a rival one take its place

I want to Night City punish you if you are naive

I want to play all the "6 months later" that was compressed in that montage
Actually, that's the game I wanted in the first place.

I think that all Expansions are on hold until they get it back on Playstation's store.

That actually happens in the game.

You have 19 fights with cyberpsychos.

I played for 87 hours and I never had a random guy trying to attack me because he had cyber-psychosis or was a scavenger trying to steal my cyberwares

I am talking about random events... immersion

Well. I actually expect nothing anymore.

What I would like to see is the rest of the story.

Our act one is more like a prologue that sets us up for the real story. The "Cyberpunk 2077" splash screen appears after act 1 - such things usually appear after the prologue.
When the journalists had their hands on demo (4 hours), they all reported that they only scratched the prologue. If they did not finish the Sandra Dorset mission within 4 hours, how could they report about cyberware?
Being restrict to just Watson is a sure sign for act one originally being the prologue.

Act 2 and the open world don't fit due to massive pacing issues. Pressing main mission in contrast to open world exploration.

The epilogues are not really of the same writing quality as the rest of the game and feels kind of rushed.

For this they just need to open up the door and fill them with interesting content

There's a lot of empty space on the map is all I'm saying. Just imagine getting rid of the notthingness above Watson and putting in:

* A military base
* A new gang
* A corporate base for Biotechnica or someone other than Arasaka and Militech
* A park for dinosaurs
* A massive chanty town for cyborgs

The possibilities are endless.

More Evelyn.

What? I can dream.

* More hookups
* Focus on gritty street level stories
* Arasaka being cartoonishly evil
* Militech being the same.
* More dialogue options
* New Endings if you successfully complete the DLC.
* More Night City, no space or Badlands. Maybe add an entire new district to the city over Watson.
* The Thermal Katana

You had me at,"gritty street level stories."

The only bullet point I didn't get into was "new endings."

I would like for CDPR to pull a Fallout 3 and choose their canon ending and then to come up with a brilliant way to continue and add onto existing story lines.

Expansions, multiplayer, and other stuff aside, I just want them to recover from this mess, and to have the opportunity to deliver us the game they obviously WANTED to deliver before someone made an obviously reputation damaging bad decision.

I can completely believe the rumors that a major decision was made to impact the original vision and direction of this game. What I cannot believe, is that the team that put this much devotion and attention to detail into the perfect world this travesty now resides in, is the game that team really wanted to deliver. The "game" simply doesn't line up with it's "world" in either regard.

I am certainly no stranger to lambasting a game company for delivering a "problematic" game. And CDPR is no exception. I've never played the Witcher games, but I have every confidence that if/when I decide to, I'll find a similar level of devotion and attention to detail in them that I see here in Cyberpunk 2077's world. With gameplay that DOES "line up".

I do NOT however, enjoy witnessing the financial ruin of any game company. So I'm rooting for them to turn this mess around. Be it through some level of overhaul, or through patches and expanded content that brings it closer to their vision for the game BEFORE whatever decision was made that sent the game's development off the rails. Consider ALL feedback. Not just the positive stuff. Look at the negative stuff in an equal light. And between the two, they'll find everything they need to satisfy most everyone and right the ship.

I'm going to leave fixes out of my list, because those will likely come as separate patches and not necessarily "DLC", but here are my top ones:

- Post-game DLC. Allow V to find a cure, or at least some solution to keep persisting in the game world. I feel like the ticking-time-bomb doesn't work well for an open-world structure, just feels limiting.

- More romance companion content. I like that Judy does a little text message sequence that leads to The Mox shotgun, but maybe some more interactive bits that lead to other questlines, like helping Judy settle some biz with the Moxes she leaves. Even some basic stuff like being able to crash on the apartment couch, or a sleeping bag at the Aldecado's camp, etc. Maybe even just a basic "Spend some time" chat option, and elapse the game world by 3 hours. If they give post-game DLC and lift the restrictions on the ticking-time-bomb this could be more motivated.

- Corpo Warfare! We don't get enough of this. There's only a brief bit in the Corpo start that has you witnessing a little bit of corporate espionage, but I'd like to see a whole storyline build off of this. They could introduce the skyline more comprehensively, more usage of the City Center and Corpo Plaza districts. More equipment could also be added, like more Biotechnica MaxDocs or different gun platforms from Militech/Tsunami depending on who you side with.

- More Badlands content, some real raids, random open-world carjackings that occur by bandits, an Arizona expansion would be perfect since it's already hinted at in the story.

- Gang factions, reputation, things that can drastically affect the story or be affected by the story such as relationships with The Animals in VDB territory, or the Maelstrom. This can lead to different chat options that result in peaceful resolutions to conflicts, or potentially starting a shoot-out between gangs.

- Open-world street racing, boxing matches, shooting contests, etc. An expansion of Beat on the Brat and Beast on the Highway could be great, like someone probably recognized you at those events and a whole storyline could sprout out of that. Simply having more street races or boxing matches that appear regularly in the game world could be really fun just as a past-time. This could also lead into two separate street cred gauges that could open new gigs if you are known as a top-notch driver, or get contracted for a big league boxing match contract.

I’ve said this in previous forums, but I still think this should be a thing as a story expansion: Give us an option to join organizations in Night City like the NCPD, Trauma Team, MaxTec, or even the gangs. Your could have different cosmetic items or bonuses based on your allegiances, get different responses from organizations (varied hostility based on how you react towards certain gangs), maybe some of your decisions can overlap (like being a mole for the NCPD by infiltrating a gang, giving preferential treatment to a specific gang by targeting their rivals, or simply getting kickbacks by getting on a gang’s payroll).

In terms of storytelling, the one I’ve thought the most on would be in regards to the NCPD (and how it could possibly tie into the current story), where you and Jackie could decide to go legitimate after the All Foods incident (or earlier, when you could decide that Dex will most likely stab the two of you in the back regardless of how the job would have gone). You get your badges and travel around Watson, taking on Tyger Claws and Maelstrom members and maybe even raid a few of their holdouts, leading to you eventually being sought out by Saburo Arasaka himself (not as a “hero cop,” but as a mercenary for one last job) to find the Relic, which he has reason to suspect that his son might be involved in the chip’s disappearance. Events from this point could play out similar to the main story where you get your hands on the Relic, Yorinobu lashes out at his father, but you can decide to intervene and potentially save Arasaka’s CEO, you having to fight or otherwise make your escape from Konpeki Plaza, leading to a confrontation with Adam Smasher where he supposedly finishes off Saburo (if you saved him) possibly kills Jackie (depending on something like a QTE), and brings you in to be questioned by Yorinobu, where he is unaware of your possession of the chip and decides to have you taken out (you can possibly influence this by stealing his pistol from his penthouse, where he’ll either shoot you with a guard’s sidearm or by setting his father’s AV to be destroyed to make it look like you attempted to rob him and kill his father, but were destroyed by the AV’s kill-switches (or something to explain Yorinobu’s fabricated story). Somehow, you manage to survive the attempted murder and the story can play out similarly to how it does in the main game, only this time, you can decide whether you should seek out as many resources as possible to save your existence while plotting your and Johnny Silverhand’s revenge against the Arasaka Corporation, or attempting to spend the time you have left cleaning up the streets of Night City to ensure that life in the city would be better when you leave than what it was in the beginning of your journey. There could also be an option where Jackie is the one who has the Relic when they get flatlined, and you would be helping him with the race against the Relic to either save his being or by helping him go out with a blaze of glory while taking Yorinobu or the whole of Arasaka down with him.

And then again, you could also refuse Saburo’s offer, which would kick off a completely different story involving cleaning up the rest of Night City (as your actions have made it to where the lockdown on Watson is lifted), while also investigating a rabbit hole of corruption, sabotage, back-handed deals, greed, murder, and in-fighting involving the megacorporations, the Night City government, the gangs, and even the highest members of the NCPD.

There’s a list of other ideas that I would hope to see in later updates/expansions, but it is currently late at night where I am, and I am at the brink of total exhaustion.

Customisable / modulr weapons / vehicles

House Decor

Buyable housing

For the street cred system to have more of an effect on the game: Some fixers / npc's will only talk to you if you have a vehicle and clothing worth XYZ amount.

An example being you show up to Judy's apartment in a Caliburn or the Aerodyne Rayfield all decked out from meeting a fixer downtown or in Charter Hill and she says "wow, you came here in that thing, you're braver than I thought" the same could apply to a Charter Hill / Downtown / Corpo aligned fixer and you get out of your smashed up Galena wearing crappy clothes. And they say something along the lines of "You must think me stupid if you come to me like this".

Additionally, when doing the NCPD scanner missions, your streetcred would make some enemies think twice about attacking you.

Well. I actually expect nothing anymore.

What I would like to see is the rest of the story.

Our act one is more like a prologue that sets us up for the real story. The "Cyberpunk 2077" splash screen appears after act 1 - such things usually appear after the prologue.
When the journalists had their hands on demo (4 hours), they all reported that they only scratched the prologue. If they did not finish the Sandra Dorset mission within 4 hours, how could they report about cyberware?
Being restrict to just Watson is a sure sign for act one originally being the prologue.

Act 2 and the open world don't fit due to massive pacing issues. Pressing main mission in contrast to open world exploration.

The epilogues are not really of the same writing quality as the rest of the game and feels kind of rushed.
I don't know why there are "Acts" at all 🤷

There's a lot of empty space on the map is all I'm saying. Just imagine getting rid of the notthingness above Watson and putting in:

* A military base
* A new gang
* A corporate base for Biotechnica or someone other than Arasaka and Militech
* A park for dinosaurs
* A massive chanty town for cyborgs

The possibilities are endless.
Biotechnica farms felt absolutely unnecessary. Whole area exist only for couple of Gigs, A ride (Javelina) & a Mad Max easter egg. Otherwise it’s a big repetitive area devoid of many NPCs.

It worries me there is all this talk about expansions, DLC or multiplayer when the game is basically incomplete and still in beta. Fix the game to meet the state is should have been in when it launched THEN we can discuss expansions.

I don't want the stuff that should be in the game now to be parceled out to me over time as bonus stuff.

I don't know why there are "Acts" at all 🤷

Biotechnica farms felt absolutely unnecessary. Whole area exist only for couple of Gigs, A ride (Javelina) & a Mad Max easter egg. Otherwise it’s a big repetitive area devoid of many NPCs.

There's a bunch of space on the map that goes to waste. I also feel like most of the cop stuff was busy work.

Sometimes more is less.

Top Bottom