What do you want in a Collector's Edition?

+
Would be cool to have another something to sit on my shelves in my gaming room, only got dragonfire drone from black ops 2 and the helghast head from killzone 3 :) artworks always nice as is posters etc.

Nothing very fancy, just artbooks, soundtrack, a DVD of how they made the game, also, the game, and a thing like "Rockstar Pass" to access all the DLCs of the game for free, and of course, an old Cyberpunk 2020 rpg game, perhaps?

I don't know if you played the Witcher games or are familiar with CDPR's way of doing business, but things like soundtrack, making of DVDs are included in the standard, retail copies of their games. And there's no need for a special DLC access, because, you know, THIS COMPANY GIVES THEIR DLCs FOR FREE :D

Personally I'd like the soundtrack and a statue at least. I'm quite fond of statues and figurines. Would love the idea of getting the PnP along with the game as well. Someone mentioned a pdf of it and I think that would be a nice way to go that wouldn't cost them like it would to do the book itself. It could possibly be included in all versions with a written version included with a collectors edition. Also like the idea of a back story book talking about the history and all of the world. That would be really nice for people who don't know much (or anything) about the PnP.

I don't know if you played the Witcher games or are familiar with CDPR's way of doing business, but things like soundtrack, making of DVDs are included in the standard, retail copies of their games. And there's no need for a special DLC access, because, you know, THIS COMPANY GIVES THEIR DLCs FOR FREE :D

Lets hope their publisher agreements still allow them to do free DLC and if they do release on next gen console platforms, that the cost of using those distribution platforms don't become so prohibitive that they have to recoup via charging for DLC (all platform fanboy arguments aside, we are after all, regardless of our chosen platform poison, all gamers)

They've managed to include free DLC with every publisher so far, and they're with WB, who seems to be the best partner yet.

WB did a terrible job marketing Witcher 2. They need a publisher that would actually market the game.
Word of mouth + making an awesome game in the first place > blowing millions and millions on pointless advertisement

Personally, advertisement does more harm than good for me. The placements of ads is often enough so atrocious that it makes me hate the product that is being advertised before I even recognized the whole picture/video/jingle.

I will probably get GOG and eventually Steam version anyway.

If I had to I would rather get something practical like Gaming Mouse or solid Mouse mat with Cyberpunk logo.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this one or not, GloGo set to play the game with.. Or a neural processor and jacks to plug in.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this one or not, GloGo set to play the game with.. Or a neural processor and jacks to plug in.

Um.... not sure how a neural processor would be included, as it would require it to be implanted at the base of your skull subdermally to work...

You sure you don't mean a Cyberdeck? Or were you being silly?

Hmm, given how much trouble Geralt's statuettes proved to be, I think CDPR may feel iffy about including yet another one with Cyberpunk. I'd love a map of Night City, an artbook and maybe some stuff from the PnP game. It would be very smart marketing-wise for sure as many video gamers might get interested in the PnP system and people who play PnP would be even more inclined to buy the game.

A Cyberpunk artbook is a must. It's gonna be a legendary-epic item after a few years.

Amen, an art book and a soundtrack.. with a real cover... none of that paper slipcase nonsense...these things are must have, almost non negotiable :p

I don;t nee a statue, though I wouldn't hate one either.

Ohhh, how about a glove that looks like a cyberhand?

After the SR3 fiasco, I swore I would ever pre-order a game... this may be the one game I will break the rule for, and if I do, I will be buying the collectors edition.

I say may, because there are things that might prevent me from buying the game new... but everyday it looks like those things are not an issue.

Amen, an art book and a soundtrack.. with a real cover... none of that paper slipcase nonsense...these things are must have, almost non negotiable :p

Do you remember what I told you about CDPR's DLC policy? How they give the additional content for free?

But that's not the only way they roll. Another is to include things like soundtrack & making of DVDs, world maps and some additional physical goodies IN THE STANDARD, RETAIL VERSION OF THE GAME at a standard price.

Yeah, I know.

Top Bottom