What do you want in Witcher 4?

+
Right now they are working on future expansions, while still supporting the game with patches. There just isn't enough time, money and devs to do what you would like them to do

Yeah I read that post but still..

I don't think that's really the case, not like they couldn't fix some things with Radovid or Emhyr in the expansions or the politics just saying, but we'll have to wait and see.

They did have over 200 developers working on TW3 though.

Preferably they'd delay the expansions or add the content missing in them. I wouldn't like the latter but still..

It depends on what the management decides to do. Does CDPR really think that selling an expansion that adds nothing to the main story or fixes it would work given the situation on the forum?

Last edited:
It depends on what the management decides to do. Does CDPR really think that selling an expansion that adds nothing to the main story or fixes it would work given the situation on the forum?

Let's be honest here, the only people complaining on the shortcomings of Witcher 3 in relation to its politics and certain main characters and the Aen Elle and the handling of the Wild Hunt are very few, most of whom are only complaining over it here on the forum, though I do agree that that they should at least try to fix those shortcomings but like @Luxorek said, the game is considered a success and they are already in development on the expansions and making patches for the game.

Will they do an enhanced edition for the game or something similar? I hope so and I want them to, but I doubt they would just stop development over the expansions and just totally focus on other things in this current time.

Yeah I read that post but still..

I don't think that's really the case, not like they couldn't fix some things with Radovid or Emhyr in the expansions or the politics just saying, but we'll have to wait and see.

They did have over 200 developers working on TW3 though.

Preferably they'd delay the expansions or add the content missing in them. I wouldn't like the latter but still..

Did they really fuck the story up that bad? Yeesh. I've been holding off because clearly they need to re balance combat and fix loot and whatnot, and those things seem possible. But maybe I should just go ahead with it if there are deeply rooted issues that can't be fixed.

Last edited:
Did they really fuck the story up that bad? Yeesh.

Radovid is Fantasy Hitler.

Actually fuck that, he's even worse then Hitler. Hitler wasn't a madman. He was a perfectly rational human being that lived in an age where people had very different world views. Where ideas about eugenics were quite popular. He was the representation of that world and every wrong about it.

Dijkstra, one of the most interesting characters, becomes a mustache twirling villain in Reasons of State.

Emhyr is a non-character.

Eredin...HAH. I wish I could compare him to any antagonist, but he's a non-character like Emhyr with just a couple one liners about how EVIL HE IS.

Let's be honest here, the only people complaining on the shortcomings of Witcher 3 in relation to its politics and certain main characters and the Aen Elle and the handling of the Wild Hunt are very few

There's people on the other forums, and keep in mind with a game this big people aren't realizing how bad it is later on.

Earlier on it is far better. Act 1 Velen is the best portion of the game. If the rest of the entire game had been like with the nuance, complexities, hard choices, superb characters and drama I would call it amazing.

Last edited:
There's people on the other forums, and keep in mind with a game this big people aren't realizing how bad it is later on.

Earlier on it is far better. Act 1 Velen is the best portion of the game. If the rest of the entire game had been like with the nuance, complexities, hard choices, superb characters and drama I would call it amazing.

Hopefully more people would realize that the final act of the game needs work so CDPR would more inclined to fix them (though I doubt it will force them to re-schedule everything from scratch like voice-acting sessions, etc ...Because it is impossible), but the main complaints that got any attention are literally "we want more Triss", hopefully that won't be the case in the future as more people play the game.

Sorry but in my mind your suggestions are not so good, if it would come to true then im afraid this game would feel like an MMO. I like that we have already set badass character at our disposal.

I see two ways to go,First I see where Geralt and Yen's relations finally goes to,but I didn't see how it started.When they first met.CDPR has already learned and absorbed too much from its original book.Maybe it's time to put the original story of Geralt into real.But this way contains high risk not even mention Andrzej Sapkowski would approve that.
Second way is to expand the story to futher.CDPR has already expanded the Geralt's story to his end.I think that's all the stories they can come up with.If they want to fo futher,In my opinion still they need Andrzej Sapkowski,the real professional's help.He is the one who knows where and how Geralt will continue his story.Without him going there by CDPR themselves is also a high risk thing.They may go too far so the Geralt does not like Geralt himself anymore.And either a small chance they can including Andrzej as a team member to write new stories for witcher.
These two ways are really really high risk.At least for now that they are not mature ideas.But the key to all that is Andrzej Sapkowski.
If the fans and CDPR needs something that is masterpiece.He is all that matters.

OMG i haven't even scratched the surface of Witcher 3 yet and your asking for Witcher 4.

cracking the whip on the back of the devs....

I'd like to see Geralt come back, if not playable certainly approachable in the story and potentially part of the main storyline. Ffs he shouldn't die though! Geralt should be the first Witcher to die in his bed! I don't mind if Ciri isn't directly involved but it would be nice to have her approachable as well. We should be playing as a Witcher, it should be after the events of the Witcher 3 and include other Witchers from other schools.

Witcher mythos is so rich but I feel like there is alot to be Fleshed out.

Well - they could remake Witcher 1 in the new engine, make some new expansions for it and then release it for the new consoles as well as PC.

I always likes the Witcher 1 story and setting, and the game is pretty much open world like W3 but on a smaller scale.

Then you go and remake Witcher 2 again for the new consoles and suddenly you have a real trilogy that can be played from start to finish on one generation of hardware and look amazing.
I would really like that. Never played the first one.

I thinked about this since I started to play the TW3. This universe is working because of Geralt and his friends, other things just adding to the flavour. Without theese the feeling just won't be the same. The "golden age of the witchers" would be interesting, when Kaer Morhen was a busy place...but it would not be the same. Right now i feel that I only need few expansions and patches and leave it be as it is. Sometimes better to stop at the top, and I don't want to watch as my favourite universe starts to fall.
As for remake of TW1 would be nice, altough I still think that this game is stands still on its own.

There is an inherent writing limitation in games where you create your own character. Everything needs to be generic to a fit a character from every race, gender, and background. They would not be able to write as meaningful of a story if you created a cutsom character.

Think of all the colorful side-characters in The Witcher.... Dandelion, Triss, Zoltan, Yennifer. None of those would have any history with a custom character. And since their relationship with us would need to be generic they would have very little role aside from being a quest-giver (think "Roche" in Witcher 3 vs Witcher 2.)

I think Witcher fans would notice the diferences in writing right away. And besides, other members of this forums have vocalized as much before. See the "World of The Witcher" thread.

You can still allow the players to create a custom character and still not make the game world "generic". Bioware did a great job of this with both the Mass Effect and Dragonage series where you can create your own custom characters and not just determine their appearances, but their backstories as well and it would be reflected in the game.

At the very least the player character can be "predetermined" a la Commander Shepard but you can still customize the looks and combat style so that each "Commander Shepard" or in this case each "Witcher" will be a unique creation of the individual players that created him or her.

---------- Updated at 08:37 PM ----------

I would like a Witcher 4, but as far as I am aware, CDPR are not even thinking about making another Witcher game in the near future.

If we're not playing as a Witcher, why would the game be called Witcher 4? Plus I don't see how the game would work if we could be a Witcher, a Sorceress, or a soldier, considering they all have very different jobs in the Witcher universe. It's not like Dragon Age where you can play as an elf or human and still have the same story. It just wouldn't be a Witcher game if I was playing as a sorceress rather than a Witcher.

Titles can be changed, that was just some ideas off the top of my head. Perhaps as the player character you're an adventurer with some inherent magic powers, who stumbles across an old school or runs into an old character who was one of the first ones to make the original witchers.

Again I don't know about this. Most Witchers seem as though they don't want their schools to continue. So many young boys die in those trials, I'm not sure re-starting them would be a concept that most Witchers would accept. Especially not the remaining Wolf Witchers. (Lambert would never agree, from what I can tell).

Personally I would prefer the next Witcher game to have Ciri as the protagonist. However I don't know if that would be possible either.

That would be part of the main story. Yes, the schools do have a high attrition rate, but with so few Witchers out there there can be more monsters and the monsters are getting braver and meaner with fewer and fewer witchers to actually go out and hunt them. Sure the villagers can make mobs and the local lords can send in groups of soldiers out to go hunt some of the various monsters but as you can see from many of the Witcher 3 contracts many of the "normies" that went out to try and kill these monsters, whether it be for fame and glory, or just wanted to get rid of something causing trouble for their town and village and died horribly.

Eventually people come to the realization that Witchers are needed, and even though they may be "mutants and freaks" and even though the process to recruit them can be pretty horrendous, Witchers are a vital part of the World.

Part of the main quest can even be working with various druids, mages, and alchemists to try and make enchancements and mutations the boys go through safer. While there may not be 100% success rate, there should definitely be ways to improve on the Wolf's School odds of 3/10 success rate.

They could go "back in time" and let us play the witcher 1-3 time frame as Letho of gullet for example. Or someone else for that matter, that would be amazing imho.

That the main protagonist is based on bad ass Ciri. I'd like to see that the game bases on her from her perspective the whole game, giving camios to Geralt, Yennifer and the rest of the good ol' crew. And how the story should be? Well I have no idea, I'm no story writter.

Tbh I feel that it's way too early to talk about TW4 giving that the third installment has been out for a tiddy bit over a month now (time flies). And we don't really know if there will be a fourth installment, and if there will be it will probably be out in 2020 or something. Giving that they're done with the story of Geralt which they've worked on for 3 games now will make the story writting a tiddy bit hard. They'll have to base it on a new character, new story, new plot and all these things which doesn't surround about Geralt. So IF a fourth installment comes which I hope it will, then I'd want to see it surround Ciri and that's kinda my high hopes for it.

I don't expect a Witcher 4 before 2022, if there will be a next Wicther game at all.
Without Geralt I don't really have much interest in a Witcher 4 anyway.
I would prefer if a small team continues to make expansions with new regions for Witcher 3 and the rest of CDP focuss on Cyberpunk and maybe a new IP after that.
There are still so many places I would like to visit and explore. Dol Blathana, Tir Na Lia, Zerrikana, Kovir, Capitol of Nilfgaard or Gors Velen just to name a few.

Last edited:
Top Bottom