What do you want to know about The Witcher: Wild Hunt?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh. It was removed from the series. Is that ok for you? I would like to hear it from the devs thanks.

There's a difference between removing a thing and saying "okay instead of porting it let's make something new", because in that case you'll be more inclined towards the latter.

I'm sure people who want to understand the question in the context in which questions were being asked for, can do so without this overcomplication you are mystifyingly placing on the whole thing. 'nuff said on this, goodbye.

I was wondering if the development team could share with us. a few of the hardware accelerated features the PC build of the game will take advantage of?. As a clarification, this is not the same as asking for the sys requirements ;p

We already know there'll be several hair styles to choose from like in tw2, but how many different tiers of beards can we expect?
Basically just interested in if we can get a longer/thicker beard similar to the one depicted in basically all the artwork and CGI trailers - compared the the shorter stubble beard we've seen in the gameplay videos.

^ also, I second this : )

It wasn't removed, it just wasn't ported over to the new engine installment. As things are rewritten (for instance animations, UI) this kind of thing has to be rewritten too, not to mention art direction has to be changed to fit the new game.

I'm sorry, but within the context of the quote, that sentence literally makes no sense ;p If it wasn't "ported", then by lack of it in the game, it was removed lol.

What is my Renegade / Paragon score for these chat options ?
Fortunately, The Witcher doesn't assign an arbitrary color-code to moral decisions. That would defeat the whole point because then you wouldn't have to think through moral situations yourself like an adult.

Last edited:
Fortunately, The Witcher doesn't assign an arbitrary color-code to moral decisions. That would defeat the whole point because then you wouldn't have to think through moral situations for yourself like an adult.

Are you joking ? Was I joking ? One thing I love about the Witcher is its ambiguity, in the decisions Geralt makes context is king... and you know, those qualities can apply to posts on this forum too.

Damn...forgot about that and now I´m angry again.

I think we could change the question because reason why won´t change the fact.

Is there any chance that dice poker will return? Please!

That is my question for you Chris and CDPR.
Same. Dice poker was a fun little game and I do like the idea of a card game. It's such a small thing though that it should be something that isn't hard to make as a (hopefully free) DLC

It wasn't removed, it just wasn't ported over to the new engine installment. As things are rewritten (for instance animations, UI) this kind of thing has to be rewritten too, not to mention art direction has to be changed to fit the new game.

Well not including something that was included is like excluding
Is like if I make a group with me, you, broccolisoup and docttj then I destroy the group to immediately make a new one, but then with me, you and broccolisoup only, it's the same as excluding docttj
(Well that was a bad of an example but I hope I was clear)
After all, the overall change is the same independent of the route chosen. So if either way exists (your's "not including" plus our excluding) the outcome "no dice poker" will happen anyway, and anyway we'll be sad
Or we could say, that excluding all of them and then adding all of them but docttj is the same of excluding docttj. In other words -> me + you + broccolisoup + docttj - me - you - broccolisoup - docttj + me + you + broccolisoup = me + you + broccolisoup and is the same of me + you + broccolisoup + docttj - docttj
(Well that was a weird argument ...)
Well, for real life not all the cases work like that (where only start and end matters), but for the groups example* and for the dice poker, it works

*if we talk about groups with same purposes (like one for the praise of nilfgaard and the other to hate assassin's creed)

Well, now let's go to questions to chris:
did the forum feedback affected the final product (game) in a solid way?

Bit of a more 'controversial' one for a change (that probably will fall right through the cracks):

Is there any particular reason for revising the concept art and in consequence, the ingame model of the 'Beekeeper Mask Witch' from this:

to this:

Is it just the normal iteration process concept art goes through during development or maybe concerns regarding certain rating boards giving you more of a hard time?

Don't get me wrong she's still menacing and grotesque looking and all but I can't help favouring the original concept over the revised covered-up version for that extra bit of 'floppy' repulsiveness you usually don't get slapped in the face with in games these days, if that makes any sense.

Bit of a more 'controversial' one for a change (that probably will fall right through the cracks):

Is there any particular reason for revising the concept art and in consequence, the ingame model of the 'Beekeeper Mask Witch' from this:

to this:

Is it just the normal iteration process concept art goes through during development or maybe concerns regarding certain rating boards giving you more of a hard time?

Don't get me wrong she's still menacing and grotesque looking and all but I can't help favouring the original concept over the revised covered-up version for that extra bit of 'floppy' repulsiveness you usually don't get slapped in the face with in games these days, if that makes any sense.
I don't know. Maybe it didn't test well in-game. Honestly, I can see the top one getting laughs from people.

Hello Chris, welcome!!
I would like to know how finished is the Combat system, I really liked the improvements in the polish gameplay, are you guys still adding animations?Will we see some kind of kill animations or something like that? Many thanks!!

Ps: @eliharel put it perfectly!

@broccolisoup; my apologies mate ;)

The "Why" is an important question, a lot of people will want an answer, and one day we surely will get an answer, I can't see a reason why it can't be sooner rather than later. As far as I'm concerned it's a done deal, I've accepted it, and therefore theres no controversy surrounding it in my mind. However, I do like your suggestion of potential inclusion in a later patch. So both questions are good eh !

@hardom; That made my head hurt, but in a good way... solid question too ;)

-I would like to know , if geralt has special movements with the swords or magic.
-The combo system will be like witcher 2 , with two buttons(Heavy and light atacks)??? But I hope it has with better mechanics.
-The console version will be impresive or not.
-The game has diferents places , I mean , it will has places variety.

Hello Chris,

One simple question,

How meditation will work in the Witcher 3? Will it be closer to the first game or the second? Will there be any new gameplay elements to it or we can expect the same ones from the previous game? I ask this because IMO the first game had a much better meditation system than the second game, and it would be very cool to have an improved, relevant and gameplay consistent meditation mechanic this time around, after all, this is the final and most ambitious game in the series.

Thank you!

Last edited:
- do we have fully map-able hot keys?
- is the UI made for mouse and keyboard on PC?
- can we adjust settings from the game menu?
- can we adjust FOV?
- I've read differing statements on looting homes and the degree to which the player is punished if caught. More info on that would be nice.

Cheers.

-
snip
- can we adjust FOV?
snip
Cheers.

Just curious here. Do you actually mean FOV? or do you mean camera distance?, Only wondering because there's no point in FOV alteration in a 3rd person game, as you can use camera distance, which doesn't cause that fishbowl warping of visuals that an imbalanced FOV creates. (they're not the same thing ;p)

Last edited:
Evil Chris Priestly, is that really you? LOL I can't believe it. Welcome to the winning team:)

As for questions I may have, I call upon three:

1. How much of an impact will our decisions from previous games (TW1 & 2) have on The Witcher 3 for the PC platform, seeing how all the games thus far are native to PC?

2. Will players have options to romance whomever they wish to (triss) or is it set on a particular person (yennefer)?

3. Will certain weapons from TW1 & TW2 be allowed to be imported in The Wild?

Thanks.

Just curious here. Do you actually mean FOV? or do you mean camera distance?, Only wondering because there's no point in FOV alteration in a 3rd person game, as you can use camera distance, which doesn't cause that fishbowl warping of visuals that an imbalanced the FOV creates. (they're not the same thing ;p)

Camera distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom