What do you want to know about The Witcher: Wild Hunt?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question would be: Will TW3 only look at the TW2 save file or will it take data from TW1 as well?

Basically I want to know: Will there be characters from the previous games we could meet or not meet in TW3 depending if they were killed off in one of the previous installments? Or if that is not yet decided yet. Are there plans for it?

Reason I want to know is because I want to feel the consequences of our actions in previous installments. You're always about choices and consequences, but if nothing mattered what we did in the previous games, that would be a shame.

Besides, if there are consequences to the previous games to the third, it gives people an incentive to play the witcher 1/2

Last edited:
I have one more question since you said you were gonna be playing the game.

Can you post ACTUAL screenshots and not bullshots? I keep seeing images like these and people talking about a downgrade, but I know for a fact that CDPR for SOME fucking reason has been pushing the consoleshit version pretty hard so I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt that it's just consoleshit being consoleshit, regardless it would be nice to get screenshots that aren't doctored up to look pretty.
View attachment 7090

Attachments

• Downgrade or Xbone.jpg
    Downgrade or Xbone.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34
I have one more question since you said you were gonna be playing the game.

Can you post ACTUAL screenshots and not bullshots? I keep seeing images like these and people talking about a downgrade, but I know for a fact that CDPR for SOME fucking reason has been pushing the consoleshit version pretty hard so I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt that it's just consoleshit being consoleshit, regardless it would be nice to get screenshots that aren't doctored up to look pretty.
View attachment 7090
Please go see http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...me-s-quality?p=1426046&viewfull=1#post1426046 to see that there hasn't been any downgrade and these new shots are in line with other ones before it (Except if you think a crappy sharpening filter looks good) and stop acting like you're on /v/

Please go see http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...me-s-quality?p=1426046&viewfull=1#post1426046 to see that there hasn't been any downgrade and these new shots are in line with other ones before it (Except if you think a crappy sharpening filter looks good) and stop acting like you're on /v/
I want actual screenshots, of actual gameplay is that so wrong? And I'm sorry, you may not see it that way but removing a filter that DID (moderately) make the game look better is still a downgrade...even if I would have put in a mod/enb that removed the filter eventually anyway.

Also there would be nothing wrong with /v/ if it weren't for the rampant shitposting every thread gets. Every thread about a game should not be filled with people just being positive otherwise you just get an echo chamber of people glossing over problems, but at the same time these same people don't need to act like middling problems make a game the worst game ever.

Oh and I'm a blunt asshole and always have been.

My question would be: Will TW3 only look at the TW2 save file or will it take data from TW1 as well?

Basically I want to know: Will there be characters from the previous games we could meet or not meet in TW3 depending if they were killed off in one of the previous installments? Or if that is not yet decided yet. Are there plans for it?

Reason I want to know is because I want to feel the consequences of our actions in previous installments. You're always about choices and consequences, but if nothing mattered what we did in the previous games, that would be a shame.

Besides, if there are consequences to the previous games to the third, it gives people an incentive to play the witcher 1/2

Fairly sure they confirmed a long time ago that there's not going to be any tw1 import function. Also while witcher games have certainly focused on consequences, they've never made claims that decisions should alter the entire damn trilogy.

I want actual screenshots, of actual gameplay is that so wrong? And I'm sorry, you may not see it that way but removing a filter that DID (moderately) make the game look better is still a downgrade...even if I would have put in a mod/enb that removed the filter eventually anyway.

Also there would be nothing wrong with /v/ if it weren't for the rampant shitposting every thread gets. Every thread about a game should not be filled with people just being positive otherwise you just get an echo chamber of people glossing over problems, but at the same time these same people don't need to act like middling problems make a game the worst game ever.

Oh and I'm a blunt asshole and always have been.
(Not a question post. keep moving on Chris or any devs)

They removed the filter because people complained about it being way over done. It honestly bothers my eyes looking at screenshots with that filter over it. Hey, you got like 45+ minutes of gameplay at E3 and that build was 4 months old at the time and the griffin gameplay was on an xbox. That's actual gameplay and nothing in these screenshots are much different from what was shown at E3. They released a statement saying there won't be a downgrade either weeks ago.

And yes, you don't want to have a thread become an echo chamber but just screaming "Downgrade!" over and over when everything shows otherwise isn't constructive criticism. This forum has more constructive criticism of the game than threads elsewhere and it's the official forum of all places.

(Not a question post. keep moving on Chris or any devs)

They removed the filter because people complained about it being way over done. It honestly bothers my eyes looking at screenshots with that filter over it.
That's fine. If there is a reason for it I am ok with it. (You will find that I am easy to appease provided I am given logical reasons.)

Hey, you got like 45+ minutes of gameplay at E3 and that build was 4 months old at the time and the griffin gameplay was on an xbox.
This is not fine. First rule of video games: Never trust ANYTHING coming out of E3 or ANYONE doing interviews at E3. 99% of it is lies. I don't hold any studio as an exception from this even though I do love CDPR almost as much as I loved Bioware back in the day before they turned to crap. This is not blind love though, no. I shall be harsher and more critical of CDPR because I expect quality from them.

However I may have been a bit hostile before and I apologize.

Actually, to tie this into my first question can I just get screenshots of the PC UI? That would be nice. I don't even know why I asked about graphics, I don't really care that much it's just something that popped into my mind.

Guys, you've been asked politely to keep this thread for posting questions, not discussing the content of those questions. If you wish to discuss any down/upgrades, you may do so here.

Actually, to tie this into my first question can I just get screenshots of the PC UI? That would be nice. I don't even know why I asked about graphics, I don't really care that much it's just something that popped into my mind.
I'd like to see the PC UI too. Either in a screenshot collection or short video. All the gameplay has been with an Xbox controller and you can notice the UI being catered to that.

I have a specific question: When the 35 min Brazilian portuguese gameplay will be available for the public?

To tie in with this question, I have a similar one: when will the 35 min Russian gameplay be available for the public? It was shown to people attending Igromir, already some time ago.

I like the new filter, because shadows no longer look like a paintbrush spray paint option. I like the shitconsole version but I don't like proud assholes online ;)
Anyways...
@TheEvilChris what cool things do you know that we don't, and are you allowed to share one cool surprise with us today?

Will the versions bought in North America let you pick to play in any language? Not just subtitles but also audio? Can I buy it in North America and play it with them speaking in Polish?

Also, I'm unsure if you can answer this but I'll ask anyway. Are there any plans to translate any of The Witcher novels past Baptism of Fire into English? Not sure if CDPR had anything to do with getting them translated. My copies have ads for the games in them so thought maybe they do.

Yes, I know there are fan translations but I don't like reading books on my monitor.

Last edited:
There is a confirmed publication date for Sword of Destiny now... so I imagine that the other books will follow. I'd argue that they are somewhat missing the boat, but they should arrive 'eventually'.

In the meanwhile the pdfs of the last two saga volumes are available as fan translations, and they could be printed. They are currently set to a small page size (A5), but they could be printed 2up, reset, and/or imposed for A4 printing in a bindable format.

There is a confirmed publication date for Sword of Destiny now... so I imagine that the other books will follow. I'd argue that they are somewhat missing the boat, but they should arrive 'eventually'.

In the meanwhile the pdfs of the last two saga volumes are available as fan translations, and they could be printed. They are currently set to a small page size (A5), but they could be printed 2up, reset, and/or imposed for A4 printing in a bindable format.
Didn't know that, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom