What do you want to know about The Witcher: Wild Hunt?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about drinking contests like in Witcher 1? I really enjoyed that-get into the inn, flirt with the waitress, buy some temerian rye and get wasted with some friends...Or complete strangers, it doesn't matter :D

Witcherworlds Inns have always been fantastic eh :)

Which leads me to ask, even though I expect this one to be dodged, but hey you never know:

• Will TW3's Inns - that includes everything about them - maintain the standard of authenticity its fans have come to expect ?

Will the versions bought in North America let you pick to play in any language? Not just subtitles but also audio? Can I buy it in North America and play it with them speaking in Polish?

Was this not the very situation both previous games allowed for your locale? It is the situation for the games I got here in Europe, and I certainly expect it to be the case for TW3, I have played both games with Polish voice & English subs, I hope I can do the same again, it hasn't occurred to me that some people couldn't already.

Also, I'm unsure if you can answer this but I'll ask anyway. Are there any plans to translate any of The Witcher novels past Baptism of Fire into English? Not sure if CDPR had anything to do with getting them translated. My copies have ads for the games in them so thought maybe they do.
Yes, I know there are fan translations but I don't like reading books on my monitor.

I'm right with you brother, this is an issue for me too, and has contributed to me putting off the books for now. I'm hoping there will be new translations of all the books that are generally considered badly translated. Reading off a screen is something I do for work, I don't like it for pleasure.

I just saw the GoG version lets you download in Polish. Don't think the Steam version lets you (Which I originally played on. Getting GoG for TW3 though I decided)

Is it true that they dropped the PC specific UI for The Witcher 3? I'm hearing that they said they gave up on it but I cannot find any source. The person said a dev on this forum said it but he hasn't coughed up any sort of link to that statement.

Last edited:
Well that really sucks of Steam, GOG version is the right choice !

(just to be clear, I can't speak Polish, but playing the games - after playing in English many times - with the original language is an experience I definitely recommend to everyone, having the subs work separately is super, and I think since its in both games it wasn't accidental, the REDs foresaw the value of the experience. Some of the voices are better tbh, and I even picked up a few words!)

1) Will diagrams/schematics be divided into many pieces like in TW2 with a different diagram for armour, pants, gloves, and 2 more for swords or will it be an all-in-one thing? Will the upgrade schematics also be included or will they be separate?

2) Will the other witchers be part of the hole "living breathing world" and have there own routines like training, killing monsters arrownd Kaer Morhen, taking up jobs in villages etc?

3) Can you tell us what the skill tree looks like? Will it be like TW1 or like TW2?

4) If you have a quest (1) to do "X" and you accept another quest (2) that contradicts 1.....Will the first quest be failed imediatly or only once you finish quest 2?

Is it true that they dropped the PC specific UI for The Witcher 3? I'm hearing that they said they gave up on it but I cannot find any source. The person said a dev on this forum said it but he hasn't coughed up any sort of link to that statement.
It's from an interview at Gamescom 2014 (which was in August.) He basically says they wanted players to have the option to use a controller instead of mouse & keyboard on PC. So they're making one UI intended to work well for all systems. Here it the link: http://youtu.be/eiVyGX-3sd8?t=1m19s

Last edited:
Fairly sure they confirmed a long time ago that there's not going to be any tw1 import function. Also while witcher games have certainly focused on consequences, they've never made claims that decisions should alter the entire damn trilogy.

There is a difference between choices that alter an entire trilogy and a choice that alters aspects of the next installment with regards to possible reoccuring characters.

It's from an interview at Gamescom 2014 (which was in August.) He basically says they wanted players to have the option to use a controller instead of mouse & keyboard on PC. So they're making one UI intended to work well for all systems. Here it the link: http://youtu.be/eiVyGX-3sd8?t=1m19s
Huh, OK. The UI doesn't look that bad to me. Looks similar to TW2 with changing signs in that radial menu thing. Wasn't sure if PC had a UI or not though

There were always KB shortcuts that replaced the need for the UI wheel. I sometimes used mouse and wheel when pootling about, but always used KB for combat/action interactions, and not infrequently for other occasions.

Welcome Chris! I liked your work with Bioware, and glad to have you here.

My questions...
1.) Similar to an earlier question... But will there be toggles/settings to the HUD, game play and difficulty? I.e. Turn On/Off/Modify map indicators, perma death, hardcore mode (maybe require eating), witcher senses, monster/quest hints, etc?

2.) I really liked the crafting of the Witcher 2, but I always thought displaying the item requirements without buying the diagram at the merchants trade screen was odd. Made it to easy to meta game and horde items that you knew you might need later when you bought or found the diagram. Maybe that can be a toggle in question #1?

3.) Economy. I also really liked this about Witcher 2 where I never felt like I had a TON of money (didn't grind) and there was for the most part stuff worth buying. Will we be generating a huge amount of Orens throughout the game with nothing meaningful to buy? This seems to happen in most open world games.

4.) There has been some discussion regarding how the quest structure worked at a Eurogamer event a while back. But will the game be organically moving you around the map as you move through the different areas based on the quests? Will the quests all be grouped together so we aren't mindlessly running back and forward places? So if I am in A and I pick up an quest in B early, I can either go there right away or the game will naturally move me there as I complete the quests and story?

5.) Is there a dark mode? Maybe darker mode? Will there be consequences for making mistakes or getting circled in combat? I liked the challenge of Witcher 2 a lot and I didn't feel like it was cheap, slow, and sluggish like some other games.

6.) Will we get the down low on whats happened in the 6 months (I think) between WItcher 2 and Wicher 3?

Thanks Chris, and thank you CDPR for the what looks like a monumental effort into this game's development.

Last edited:
1) Will Geralt be able to get drunk like in Witcher 1? (complete with blurry visuals and stumbling animations :beer: )

2) Will we be able to fast travel to Vizima or Kaer Morhen any time we we want? Or are they restricted to specific parts in the story?
I hope the voice acting at least sounds drunk during cutscenes this time, if not, fuck it this game already rocks as far as I can tell. ;)

Last edited:
I guess 'kurwa' being one of them :)

More like most of them ;)

Actually, knowing which Polish words matched which English text wasn't straightforward, obviously some stuck out more than others, and over time you do start to get an ear for it... I made a few notes, but then how do I spell them? Phonetically is all I could do... so maybe not a method to actually learn the language, on its own ;)

Its not fresh in my head, and apologies for the obviously wrong spellings, but I found my wee gaming notepad, so some examples to embarrass myself.. I have Tak - Yes; Cinque - Thank you; Bevi - See you later; Krol - King; Dote - Is that you; Mian - Monsters; Smerch - Death.

Point is the Polish voices were great, I particularly liked TW1 Zoltan & the Dwarves in general, Siegfried was much less *cough* ridiculous (im probably being hard on the English one here, but Polish was more suitable imo), seems I liked Vaska, but not Marlowe... hmmm, can't read my writing ;)

1) What were the most difficult things studio encountered while developing W3 (Biggest obstacles)

2) What are things CDPR is proud of achiving in W3 e.g technology, game design, story....

3) Are there already any plans for game expansions e.g Enchanced Edition or DLC's?

4) We heard in the past that 'some side activities if released could be games on thier own' could you put some light on what else we can do apart from questing?

5) Can you tell us more about 'places of interest" e.g dungeons?

6) Since monsters don't scale up what will happen to enemies if we maxed out Geralt, can we still find challenging enemies apart from main story line?

7) Horses and boats. Can our horse be killed when we ride him e.g by bear? Can we call him to any place we want? what if we are on top on the mountain, island or any similar hard to reach place, will map show location of the horse we just called or will it wait in most accessible nearest location possible? Can boats be found only in harbors and places we can expect boats to be or we can find them anywhere as longest we are near shore?

Thank you.

1. When the game was first announced, it was said that both blocking and dodging will take your stamina down, but when it drop to zero, Geralt will be losing his balance while doing it. In the gameplay Geralt loses his stamina only when he make counter-attack or use signs. So my question is: did it change and Geralt will not lose his stamina while blocking/dodging? If so, how this system now is exactly going to work?

2. Is the option to attack vulnerable points of the monsters (which will make them easier to defeat) still in or was it dropped completely?

3. Are there going to be an animations for drinking potions in-game?

@TheEvilChris Knowing that you are new member of the RED team, what was your reaction when you saw what team achieved with the Witcher 3?

Other questions:
1) Is there some kind of "police" system impelmented in the game?
How does it work?
Can you attack any civilians?
Can you steal things from their houses?
Do they notice this and raise the alarm or something like that?
Can you enter their homes even if you are not invided?
How do they react?

2) What happens when you finish the main story?
Does the game ends or can you still free roam and do some side activities?

3) Is change of seasons (summer, autumn, winter, spring) story related or naturaly connected to pass of time like weather system?
Does the weather interact with signs? For example can rain naturaly downgrade igni sign and upgrade quens electric shock?

4) What happened to the graphics and why are they downgraded form VGX's trailer "IN GAME FOOTAGE"?

5) Why voices in Polish sound so bad, like they were recorded with toster? There is no depth, you can barely hear them, not to mention questionable voice acting and cast of actors. Polish verion of the Withcer 2 is to this date the masterpice and new definition of high quality but sadly what has been reveald in the Witcher 3 is light years after W2. @TheEvilChris Please, pass these concerns to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom