What do you want to know about The Witcher: Wild Hunt?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Can we PLEASE get a clarification on the Alchemy system? So much conflicting information. It's a major part of the game and it's odd so little (and conflicting) information has been said. The game is coming out in 3 months so I'd assume the alchemy system would be finished.

2. Will save management be better than in The Witcher 2? I remember having so many saves it slowed my main menu down and even crashed the game when I clicked to go to the load game menu multiple times. To quickly delete unneeded saves I had to install a third party program

Last edited:
In provisioning a computer to run The Witcher 3 at high performance, what are the limiting resources? Even a speculative answer, along the lines of "these are the limiting resources now, and we (do/don't) expect these to be limiting when we're done with optimization," would be helpful. The responders in the "Predicted Witcher 3 System Specs" thread are stuck with making guesses and extrapolations from TW2 and trying to tamp down speculations that it will be like other games that it is not like.

Resources that limit performance can be things like:
* Shaders, ROPs, or VRAM on the GPU (TW2 is noticeably ROP-limited)
* Number of cores, numeric performance, or cache on the CPU
* Memory or disk bandwidth

Last edited:
Will there be an arena like in The Witcher 2? I'd imagine a few arenas placed around the map along with the sailing and horse racing activities.

Will there be an arena like in The Witcher 2? I'd imagine a few arenas placed around the map along with the sailing and horse racing activities.

Hoping this as well. There are fighting pits in Nilfgard and a human vs human in Henselt's camp in TW2 so it's not out of the question.

Keep the questions coming folks. I'll leave the thread open for another 24 hours, then it'll get closed and I'll start working to get some answers to the questions.

One more day. :)
Great, I will be waiting for your answers.

Eskerrik asko (thank you in basque)

Keep the questions coming folks. I'll leave the thread open for another 24 hours, then it'll get closed and I'll start working to get some answers to the questions.

One more day. :)

Is it going to be in video format like the last Q&A or just Text?
(Personally I think text is better because it's easier to flip through, use to quote and should be quicker to produce)

Also any rough estimate on how long it'll take for the answers? Personally I'm not bothered by how long, but it might save some people (myself included) the trouble of refreshing the News section multiple times a day if they know it's still going to be a a couple weeks before the Answers will come out...

Thanks again Chris.

It will almost definitely be in text format. I'm sure the answers will want to be translated into Polish and other languages, so this will likely be easier. And I am not sure how long it will take. The answers have to come from the Dev team and they're all busy working on getting the game finished. I estimate a couple of weeks, but as soon as possible.

Will be in text, after all making a video just saying "sorry, I won't be able to say anything" is useless. I know you have evil plans chris, we know how cruel and evil cdprojekt acts about new info of a game (just revealing info about the game once each E3, making us wait seven days to get the news that we'll wait eight days, oh, if i know)
Your nickname even matches
It's a trap folks

What's the yellow bar below the enemies health? Had some issues. Hopefully the image is attached

Another question: Will enemies react realistically? In the books sometimes people try to run away from Geralt when he's killing their buddies. I think only in THe Witcher 1 did enemies try to flee. Will enemies flee or just always fight to the death?

Attachments

• ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_21.17_[2014.11.03_18.54.50].jpg
    ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_21.17_[2014.11.03_18.54.50].jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
How will works monsters weak point system? It's based only on alchemy (silver bomb), or maybe Geralt can cut weak points his sword in battle (finishers, etc.)?

ED
will be capes and hoods?

Last edited:
Another set of questions:

1)If we get the option to import our saves (which seems unlikely at this point) will we get some of our items from the previous game(s)?That was one of the things I loved about TW2.The moment I first checked my inventory in La Vallette Castle and saw that I had my Raven armor and my Mahakam blade from TW1 I was in heaven.Considering that TW2 had a waay bigger item pool then TW1 I can understand if giving us our old equipment would be too hard to do but still there are a few things that I would like to see in TW3 (Like the Bane of the Vrans if we chose to not sell it or the Elder Blood armor).

2)Beards.How much can we customise in this regard?Just the length?Will we get different styles(dwarven braid etc)?

3)Can we customise anything on our horses/boats?Ex. Saddles,sails,flags etc.

4)Will there be other mounts available besides horses? Ex. Whores Mules,Unicorns *wink* etc

5)Will there be carriages or other such vehicles in the game and if yes can Geralt use/hijack them?

6)If this was answerd before please let me know.Will we get the Heliotrop sign?If the answer is yes then in what form will it be present in the game?I very much disliked how it was handled in TW2.

Last edited:
1)If we get the option to import our saves (which seems unlikely at this point)

Whatever do you mean?

They've stated many, many times that we will most definitely be able to import our save into TW3. Or are you talking about on Consoles?

Whatever do you mean?

They've stated many, many times that we will most definitely be able to import our save into TW3. Or are you talking about on Consoles?
What they stated was that our choices will most definitly cross over into TW3 but how that will happen was never mentioned (At least to my knowledge).If you could give me a source I would very much appreciate it.

What they stated was that our choices will most definitly cross over into TW3 but how that will happen was never mentioned (At least to my knowledge).If you could give me a source I would very much appreciate it.

http://www.gamefront.com/the-witcher-3-will-let-you-import-your-witcher-2-save/

Old, but I haven't heard of anything changing. They mentioned recently about how they were looking into a system where what dialogue options you select during TW3's prologue would choose W2 decisions for you, but presumably that's not for people importing saves across.
I assume it'll work extremely similar to how importing a save worked in TW2.

(I'm probably still assuming information here, yes the RED's have never directly come out and said precisely how save imports will be handled (From the main menu, or when you hit "New Game" etc), but I guess the way your question was worded made it sound like you thought save importing altogether was unlikely, which is not correct)

Last edited:
Will the dialog you choose reflect what Geralt will really say? I remember in the beginning of The Witcher 2 there was a choice about making a joke about your hands being tied and Geralt just says "Fuck you"

What's the yellow bar below the enemies health?

Not sure, but the only thing making sense is a stamina bar.

How will works monsters weak point system? It's based only on alchemy (silver bomb), or maybe Geralt can cut weak points his sword in battle (finishers, etc.)?

This system is NOT in the game anymore. Well at least if you mean the system that is about targeting monster weak points.
The only thing similar to this which is in the game is the usual stuff we had in TW1 and TW2 were you can apply oils on swords and use bombs that are effective against the specific monster or disables an ability of them (like for example having a bomb that disables or reduces the regenerative power of a monster with a quickly regenerating health)

1)If we get the option to import our saves (which seems unlikely at this point) will we get some of our items from the previous game(s)?

PC players will definitely have this option. As for console players, they are currently working on a system to provide them with the core choices which they picked in the previous games (probably something like the system of Mass Effect or similar games where you can choose what you picked before the game starts).

Not sure about the items.

Will the dialog you choose reflect what Geralt will really say? I remember in the beginning of The Witcher 2 there was a choice about making a joke about your hands being tied and Geralt just says "Fuck you"

I'm sure they have improved such mistakes, but of course there will only be a short version in the selection menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom