What do YOU want to see ?

+
What do YOU want to see ?

Community, assemble !

I'm aware that many of you might still be busy trying to disprove the existence of Ciri's bra or discussing
important topics such as shoes with heels.

But I'm writing this thread on behalf of our friend @scratcherpen , who proposed the idea of letting the community decide
what kind of gameplay footage we'd like to see next (of course that is mainly more Ciri and more Yennefer).

In coordination with our beloved hype train conductor @Marcin Momot , we made this thread happen.
So let us give the REDs some feedback~

What kind of the Witcher 3 gameplay footage would you like to see next ?

Would you like to see a certain game mechanic explained in detail ?
Does underwater combat tickle your fancy ?
Do you yearn for PS4 footage of the Witcher 3 ?

Don't hesitate to share with us whatever you'd enjoy to see !
Thank you for your attention. Ciriously.

I would love to see some sailing in really good/bad weather and diving/underwater combat! :)
I think, that weather system will blow our minds - I want to see storm in the open sea!
... and now that I have seen 35 min. gameplay of main storyline - I am 100% content. No need to spoil more.
But maybe a glimpse of Yennefer would be welcome.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear Ciri speak a line, if her voice actress did record anything yet. And Yennefer of course.
But I have the feeling that a certain, upcoming CG trailer will sate that hunger~

In terms of gameplay mechanics it'd be nice to see some underwater combat and an explanation of how skills
and mutagens work, shown by using an ingame example.

I'd like to see a non developer play the game and just wander! Follow a quest if they want, climb a tower if they want, wander the wilderness if they want!
Just grab the controller and play for 10 mins! Doing what they want!

Some extended gameplay on Skellige would be awesome. Oh, and more bears of course. :)

I second that, minus the bears.

Skellige is my favorite area shown in the Witcher 3 so far,
and I'd love to get some more atmospheric impressions.

I would like to see an enemy encounter played through several times using various strategies. We've only been shown combat using an excessive amount of dodging and purposefully dragging out the fight. I would like to see combat relying more on parrying and riposte, with a more aggressive approach (not dragging out the battle)
Other styles shown could be using traps, throwing knives, bombs, signs, and using the environment. Maybe show some enemy fear if that is indeed in the game.

- Ciri and Yen speaking!
- Definitely would like to see how underwater combat works.
- Eredin footage in his NEW armor.
- Dandelion with a silly/witty line.
- A really quick shot of Geralt and Ciri fighting together.
- Gwent being played? (or maybe not, may bring out the worst in the forums again)

EDIT:
I do agree that while I'd like to see the above, I would like it done in a non-spoiling manner. It doesn't have to be long shots (except the mechanics demonstrations), but quick glimpses that can make us go crazy with excitement and be able to give our thoughts on without ruining any more story elements for others. Basically the SOD trailer with less exposition and cutscenes, but still quick glimpses of some of the other main characters not really shown much so far with a random line that won't have an impact on story knowledge.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Community, assemble !

I'm aware that many of you might still be busy trying to disprove the existence of Ciri's bra or discussing
important topics such as shoes with heels.

But I'm writing this thread on behalf of our friend @scratcherpen , who proposed the idea of letting the community decide
what kind of gameplay footage we'd like to see next (of course that is mainly more Ciri and more Yennefer).

In coordination with our beloved hype train conductor @Marcin Momot , we made this thread happen.
So let us give the REDs some feedback~

What kind of the Witcher 3 gameplay footage would you like to see next ?

Would you like to see a certain game mechanic explained in detail ?
Does underwater combat tickle your fancy ?
Do you yearn for PS4 footage of the Witcher 3 ?

Don't hesitate to share with us whatever you'd enjoy to see !
Thank you for your attention. Ciriously.

I want to watch a video showcasing the downgrade of homosexuality in the XBOX One CE graphics.
That's what I want.

Enough with Main Quest spoilers. Enough with story spoilers altogether. In fact, I don't even want to see new characters or new locations. Show game systems.
Combat, alchemy, even the senses, whose implementation still leaves me queasy, but do so in a newer build. Two birds, one stone. It might be time to start showing Xbox One and PS4 footage though.

@EmperorZorn , where's the properly constructed poll? Or is Marcin planning on dropping by and picking it himself?

Last edited:
@emperoZorn , where's the properly constructed poll? Or is Marcin planning on dropping by and picking it himself?

The idea was that we'd first gather some general opinions to see in which direction this is going.
As far as @scratcherpen explained it to me, the REDs are going to browse this thread to get an idea what people want.

But it'd make sense to do a proper poll of the most sought after options later,
lets wait and see what Marcin and/or the other REDs have to say about this.

I hope I was able to answer your question, my friend.

Enough with Main Quest spoilers. Enough with story spoilers altogether. In fact, I don't even want to see new characters or new locations. Show game systems.
Combat, alchemy, even the senses, whose implementation still leaves me queasy, but do so in a newer build. Two birds, one stone.
Indeed.

I'm going to be extreme on this subject - I think it'd be best if not one single character anymore was shown. Nothing. Nada. To leave as many surprises as possible. No Eredin. No Yen. No Triss, or Dandelion, or anything. I want at this point to be surprised by anything, for better or for worse.

- I realize I can just "avoid watching promotion material". No need for these comments :) Of course I can avoid. But I rather the effort went elsewhere, to things I won't feel I need to avoid.

- I know it means we can't "give advice \ corrections about character designs". And while it bears the risk of suddenly receiving a pretty-boy Geralt as he was in the TW2 early stages, at this point I trust CDPR enough with the remaining characters who haven't been exposed in detail. I forsake control, in favor of surprise!

I would like to see an enemy encounter played through several times using various strategies. We've only been shown combat using an excessive amount of dodging and purposefully dragging out the fight. I would like to see combat relying more on parrying and riposte, with a more aggressive approach (not dragging out the battle)
Other styles shown could be using traps, throwing knives, bombs, signs, and using the environment. Maybe show some enemy fear if that is indeed in the game.
Repeated for good measure. Give me a battle that pushes some pro player to the edge! And one that doesn't dodge around so much (no offense to the player who was presenting the recent videos). Let me see if the game can be played with you sticking in the thick of things - that there are other viable defenses other than evading.

I remember there were VA samples quite a bit before TW2 release so thats what I`d really want to see now. As far as gameplay goes some sailing and diffrent approaches to combat. Also I`d really love to see some new screenshots from the newest build as the one from E3 is pretty old as some developers stated in interviews.

Since we saw NML and Novigrad, I would definately love to see more of Skellige. Would like to hear Ciri speaking, actually would like to see more of Ciri at all ( a short combat scene would be awsome). It would be also interessting to see a little bit more from Triss and Yennefer together. That would be brezzy!

:halt:

What i don't need or want to see are more new kinds of monsters. I would like to discover them on my own. The same with game mechanics and combat techniques. Want to be surprised ;)

Actually, i would be completely delighted if i get an opportunity to see more environment like moving clouds, dusk and dawn, rain. I am so hopelessly in love with it, i could watch the latest gameplays over and over again ;)

Last edited:
Fully agreed with Emperor Zorn.Kinley and shinobi2u suggestions.Crafting system detailed(with few samples), more about alchemy and minigames. And if new dev. videos will be released -something about art designers and motion capture crew work (for example was it confusing or lauthsome till stomach pain to mocap sex scenes?) and all the team of CDPR. What difficulties they had , what funny and touching moments -we all want to share that with you.

I do not wanna see more trailers with new maps, since i wanna experiment the feel of play in a area what i have seen never, so i wanna a trailer about the ROL mechanics, a RPG is not just combats and do quests, in a Shooter you have a quest and a combat mechanic, but what make to Witcher 3 a RPG ?

Top Bottom